Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares Forums

Tuesday 9:00 AM on Channel 4In Season

Kitchen Nightmares

Truman_Burbank

[1]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 12

Who else was not surprised that Fox completely ruined the show?

Not being a fan of the "American" Ramsay, thanks to the atrocious Hell's Kitchen, I gotta say I already knew chances were very slim that the show's unique identity would survive, but Fox being Fox, they not only managed to make it dreadful but they also destroyed it beyond recognition. It shouldn't even be called Kitchen Nightmares anymore, Extreme Makeover: Kitchen Edition would be better suited. The frantic editing, the unbearable overly dramatic score, the feeling that it's completely fake, it's all there. The restaurant part is merely an excuse for the Jerry Springer showdown.

Does anyone know if Channel 4 will air another season? I miss it even more after this truly torturous hour.

Ramsay + Fox = Unwatchable.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

furiousfunk

[2]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 13
    I like the Fox version because of the money he has at his command. In the Brit version he tells them what to do and helps out but in the Fox version he actually helps the business by renovating it. I hate Extreme Makeover shows but this doesn't qualify, he spends money but not that much money. The key to the show is that he fixes the management, wait staff, food preparers and the menu. The only thing lacking in the Fox version is the updates as to how the place is doing months later.

lhotpdisney

[3]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    Yep, that's all that's missing

pbowen1965

[4]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 1

I LOVE GORDON RAMSEY! He is the MAN! I have watched all his shows including Hells Kitchen which is awesome and I love the comptetition and his rewards are not slack by any means. I watch Kitchen Nighmares, Kitchen Nightmares revisited. Because its great how he has turned some of these restaurants around. He isn't in it for himself, he's out spreading his knowledge and I think that is a wonderful thing. SO all you Gordon Ramsey haters don't know what your hating. Shame on you.

pbowen1965

[5]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 1

I so agree with you! Ramsey is the man! But I think that its different over there then it is here as far as the differences of the show. They are both great. I have watched reruns off his shows and I also agree that he needs to let his fans know how the restaurants are doing.