ABDC5 Crews Announced

XxIcingOnTopxX

[1]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 11

South: Jungle boogie, Ghost, X-treme Motion, Royal Flush, and Swagger Crew

East: Saltare, Blueprint, Legendary Seven, Static Noyse, and DraZtik

West: Blended Projekt, Blended EFK, Heavy Impact, Hype 5-0, and Poreotix

Who are you looking forward to?

Personally, I'm really glad Poreotics are in.

Sources from bloggingbestdancecrew.

* Poreotix = Poreotics

Heavy Impact= Heavy Hitters

Hype 5-0= The Hype

Edited on 01/27/2010 1:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fsderek09

[2]Jan 28, 2010
    • level: 1
    Season 5 of America's Best Dance Crew premiers tonight at 10/9c!

Tonight the pressure is on The South, here are the regional finalists:

Ghost (Houston, TX): Ghost is a crew that has faced a lot of adversity in life and dance has always been their refuge. In fact, they all met through their local dance venues over the past five years seeking a way out life's hardships, gangs and family death. The crew would break into a local apartment complex gym room just so they could practice dance. They consider their style inspirational hip-hop and they plan to offer up some of the best musicality "ABDC" has ever seen with hard hitting, complex movements. As dancers they are a tight unit and their personal hardships have brought them even closer together.

Jungle Boogie (Stone Mountain, GA): These dancers pride themselves on their southern "Cranking" style and are on a mission to become kings of the dance jungle. "Cranking" uses big step movements and arms to cover the entire dance floor and each of the six members has a unique animalistic move to wow this year's competition.

Royal Flush (Atlanta, GA): This crew has auditioned every season and their refusal to give up has finally paid off. Changing members after each audition, the crew believes it finally has the dream team it needs for success. Educated on the streets, this diverse crew's styles include krumping, tutting, popping, breaking and even a hint of Swagger Crew (Atlanta, GA): Tired of trendy club dances, this brash Atlanta crew feels its time to put true Southern street dancing on the map. These confident dancers are fired up by the complete absence of Atlanta crews represented on past seasons of "ABDC" and know they have what it takes to put Atlanta on the map. With a combination of southern cockiness, fast footwork and determination this crew is ready to bring some raw swagger to the "ABDC" legacy.

X-treme Motion (Houston, TX): These former Texas Southern University majorettes are bringing their bootylicious bucking style to the mainstream stage. These high energy, acrobatic and stunt-filled Southern belles are on a mission to show the world their majorette style of dance is "often imitated but never duplicated." Their style is influenced by both street jazz and hip-hop, but what really makes them distinct is an intense booty-shaking move they call "Buckin'."

I'm working with America's Best Dance Crew if you have any questions send me a message or visit http://abdc.mtv.com.

waterlady03

[3]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 6

Out of each crew's division, I was tuned more towards the East Coast because they have a stronger competition. I think one of the crews from there may win Season 5. I wasn't too impressed with the West divsion last night, they only had one strong crew, Heavy Impact. I just don't think Poreotics and Hype 5-0 will go far, but that is just my opinion. I just think if Blended Project and BreakEFX stayed, that would be a stronger division. I just hope they audition next season.

Edited on 02/12/2010 1:01pm

showinuse9

[4]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 11
    poreotics reminds me of jabbawockeez a lot in that its not about athletics its more about theatrics. To be honest if jabbawockeez was on the show this season the judges probably wouldn't of liked them

waterlady03

[5]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 6

I don't think Poreotix isn't versatile enough, and I wouldn't compare them to both JabbawockeeZ and Quest Crew anytime. Both JabbawockeeZ and Quest showed more versatility and variety in their routines in their respective seasons. Hype 5-0 is starting to grow on me though after the 5th episode.

Edited on 03/26/2010 3:00pm
    Edited 2 total times.