We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionBetween Seasons

Season 4 Crews!

Do you like these season's crews?

XxIcingOnTopxX

[1]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 11

Afroborike

Artistry In Motion

Beat Ya FeetKings

Fr3sh

We Are Heroes

Massive Monkeys

Rhythm City

Southern Movement

Vogue Evolution

So, what are your thoughts? Personally I think the top 3 are going to be Fr3sh, Massive Monkeys and Rhythm City.I also think East coast has a better chance at winning this season.

And for SYTYCD watchers, season 2 finalist Donyelle is in Artistry Motion!

Edited on 07/27/2009 12:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fgrskater

[2]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 7
    When will Season 4 air?

XxIcingOnTopxX

[3]Jul 27, 2009
    I'm pretty sure August 9!

showinuse9

[4]Aug 9, 2009
    well i watched the first episode and have to say i was less than impressed. This looks like it is going to be a very gimmicky season. But let's see if the crews can win me over

chaotic_midget

[5]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 8
    I really liked Massive Monkees and Rhythm City even before their first performances and I'm convinced one of them will win it. Too bad about Fr3sh >_>

chaotic_midget

[6]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 8
    Also, Southern Movement could be a nice sleeper. I liked their transition.

waterlady03

[7]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    So far I like We Are Heroes and Rhythm City.

orangemann327

[8]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 23
    Right now, they're isn't a crew that I'm like, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEIR PERFORMANCE NEXT WEEK". None of them have really impressed me yet.

showinuse9

[9]Aug 16, 2009
    orangemann327 wrote:
    Right now, they're isn't a crew that I'm like, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEIR PERFORMANCE NEXT WEEK". None of them have really impressed me yet.

that's kinda how i feel. Even though i didn't know whether or not i would like crews last 3 seasons, I at least saw moments that i like. This season's first episode nothing really stuck out for me. And I'm really getting tired of hearing the judges say "we need something different" because truth is we don't need different. we don't need an entire show of gimmicky Break Skate or Dynamic Edition. Crews that do one thing well only Like the Vogue crew or the Washington DC crew, or even Massive Monkeies and Fresh who seemed more on the show because the producers wanted to cover the breakdancing and asian crowd then kinda move them to the side. We need complete crews. There's just too much interference from the producers and judges for me now and its really ruining the experience for me that are trying to be waaaaaay to mainstream

Irris

[10]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 3
    MASSIVE MONKEYS really did their thing tonight with the hoolahoop! AFROBORIKE's dance was hot too!

showinuse9

[11]Aug 17, 2009
    I thought Vogue Evolution was the best in terms of excitment and really making the show fun. To quote what JC said "ya'll just woke me up". And on a side note I think JC is my favorite judge because he is the only judge giving any notes that the crews can use and he's the one keeping it real. Lil Mama and Shane are whipped judges who are just campaining for their favorite crews all the time and never say anything bad about them. and what was up with lil mama's drunk looking slow clap standing ovation after i think it was Rhythm City or Beat ya Freak Kings performance. and one last thing. Beyonce looked like a straight up drag queen in those videos. The transgender girl from Vogue Evolution looked more like a girl than Beyonce did.

Naruaddicted

[12]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    AfroBorike, Rhythm City, Vogue Evolution these 3 so far i like love there dancing

XxIcingOnTopxX

[13]Aug 21, 2009
    I'm definitely loving Vogue Evolution and We Are Heroes (:

JellyFishJammer

[14]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 29
    I love AfroBorike! Massive Monkeys and Vogue Revolution are among my faves. But to be honest none of them blow my mind...at least not yet.

waterlady03

[15]Sep 5, 2009
    Rhythm City, Massive Monkees and Southern Movement.

I Didn't like WE Are Heroes until the Bollywood Challenge when they actually danced for their lives.

XxIcingOnTopxX

[16]Sep 10, 2009
    Ok, i changed my mind. Vogue got sloppy.
    RC is getting boring.
    WaH aren't bringing all they got.
    Abro isn't consistent.
    MM is slowly getting better.

I love all the crews now, I find it so weird how prejudice I was...
    If Afro gets consistent, they have a shot, if not, they'll take 4th

So much people are so bitter about MM, oh, they aren't as good as the past champions, who were all b-boys. (which isn't true, they weren't all b-boys) and everyone's apparently sick of b-boying. that sucks. Personally, they've been the only crew that I look forward to now, cause they have personality and excitement in a performance. RC is fading, excellent choreo though. I wished they didn,t I wanted them to win, but now, not so much. WaH have to bring it harder, they'll be like supercr3w if they win, ohh, they've been in the bottom ___ times, maybe they didn't deserve to win. *sigh*

1.MM
    2.RC
    3.Wah/Afro

showinuse9

[17]Sep 10, 2009
    I agree with your assesment but at the same time I dont get excited about Massive Monkey's except for a couple moves and performances, I haven't really seen them do the unimaginable. I mean when I saw that trampoline I would of thought they would touch the ceiling, but instead they kinda cop out. I'm not comparing them to other crews, but I still want to be blown away.

Rc consistently good, but not great

We Are Heroes, just dont see them as the winners.

Afroborike I think could win just because they are the ones on the show that push the boundaries and give something that make you go "did they just do that?"

I think they are going to sneak in for the win for somereason, although I agree, they are really inconsistent. But then again most of the crews are.

augcast

[18]Sep 14, 2009
    Is it just me?... But after having great crews last season, this season really doesn't have any hype behind it... I just can't get into any of the crews for some reason?

I think it might be the production, because I really don't see any personalities or stand out "characters"... What are you're thoughts?

showinuse9

[19]Sep 17, 2009
    augcast wrote:
    Is it just me?... But after having great crews last season, this season really doesn't have any hype behind it... I just can't get into any of the crews for some reason?

I think it might be the production, because I really don't see any personalities or stand out "characters"... What are you're thoughts?

Yeah I agree completely. The crews just arent ready for primetime, and I agree there seems to be a little bit of deflating the balloon the show was running on. Its just not hype like it was before. Just cant wait for this season to be over and we can see the next season.

waterlady03

[20]Sep 18, 2009
    showinuse9 wrote:
    augcast wrote:

Yeah I agree completely. The crews just arent ready for primetime, and I agree there seems to be a little bit of deflating the balloon the show was running on. Its just not hype like it was before. Just cant wait for this season to be over and we can see the next season.

I think it was also the change from Thursday Nights to Sunday Nights that also played a bigger factor. I thought MTV's choice move ABDC from Thursdays to Sundays was a terrible decision their part. If only they kept it on Thursdays, maybe Season 4 could've been better and the crews would've had more personality.