Ranma ½ Forums

Fuji Television (ended 1992)

Questions of springs of Jusenkyo or comments

Which spring would you like to be cursed with ?

Gaara169

[1]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 4
    Like what would happen if Happosai got splash with the spring of drowned twins. I mean if both or one got hit by hot water would they merge back into one ? or not. All comments are welcome anything about Jusenkyo.
    Edited on 06/03/2007 10:37am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rhen_Var

[2]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 9
    Yeah well if you do just make sure you splash your WHOLE body

Gaara169

[3]Jun 7, 2007
    I agree somewhat. What spring would like to be cursed with ?

mitarashianko

[4]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 14
    Usually the victim drowns in a spring, but in Pantyhose Taro's case, he was washed in the water of the spring by Happosai. Wouldn't putting your hands in a cursed spring alone affect someone or must one drown in the spring in order for the transformation to take effect?
    Edited on 06/09/2007 4:26pm

Gaara169

[5]Jun 9, 2007
    I see what you mean I think but in the episode where mousse is cursed with 'the spring of the drowned duck'. He take some of the cursed water with him. Fights Ranma with it. It shows that when it missed Ranma and the other animal in the fair that instantly cursed them. I think the big the thing being cursed the more water it takes. So what it means is putting your hands in the 'water' would not fully curse you(So it means it is one time curses what even it touches). You put your body in the 'water' for to work or fully soaked with the water for it to fully curse you for it to work(So it you will be cursed like ranma and need cure to be normal again). Now do you understand ?

RyogaHabiki

[6]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 8
    Gaara169 wrote:
    I see what you mean I think but in the episode where mousse is cursed with 'the spring of the drowned duck'. He take some of the cursed water with him. Fights Ranma with it. It shows that when it missed Ranma and the other animal in the fair that instantly cursed them. I think the big the thing being cursed the more water it takes. So what it means is putting your hands in the 'water' would not fully curse you(So it means it is one time curses what even it touches). You put your body in the 'water' for to work or fully soaked with the water for it to fully curse you for it to work(So it you will be cursed like ranma and need cure to be normal again). Now do you understand ?
    Seeing how the guide says something to effect of those who FALL IN take body of..., that would reinforce that you have to FALL IN for it work...

Gaara169

[7]Jun 11, 2007
    No not really if you read the manga.

RyogaHabiki

[8]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 8
    Gaara169 wrote:
    No not really if you read the manga.
    Hmm, read the manga... Ok I got all 36 Volumes. Let me read from Volume 1.
    Ranma 1/2 wrote:
    That is "Spring of Drowned Panda"! There is tragic legend, very tragic legend of panda who drown there two thousand year ago! Now whoever fall in that spring... take body of panda! That is "Spring of Drowned Girl"! There is tragic legend, VERY tragic legend of young girl who drown there one thousand five hundred year ago! Now whoever fall in that spring... take body of young girl!
    Ok, I read the manga... I was right, it says "FALL IN" not put your hands in.
    Edited on 06/12/2007 8:42pm

Gaara169

[9]Jun 13, 2007
    Fine I will show my friend what I mean: List of known Cursed Springs * Spring of Drowned Panda (熊猫溺泉 Shonmaonīchuan; Mandarin Xióngmāonìquán) - Cursed Genma Saotome * Spring of Drowned Girl (娘溺泉 Nyannīchuan; Mandarin Niángnìquán) - Cursed Ranma Saotome, Herb, and a monkey (manga only) * Spring of Drowned Duck (鴨子溺泉 Yazunīchuan; Mandarin Yāzǐnìquán) - Cursed Mousse and a tiger * Spring of Drowned Black Piglet (黒豚溺泉 Heitowennīchuan; Mandarin Hēitúnnìquán) - Cursed Ryoga Hibiki * Spring of Drowned Cat (猫溺泉 Maonīchuan; Mandarin Māonìquán) - Cursed Shampoo and Arisa Nanjo (games only) * Spring of Drowned Yeti-riding-Bull-carrying-Crane-and-Eel (牛鶴鰻毛人溺泉 Niuhōmanmaorennīchuan; Mandarin Níuhèmánmáorénnìquán) - Cursed Pantyhose Taro * Spring of Drowned Octopus (章魚溺泉 Shanyuinīchuan; Mandarin Zhāngyúnìquán) - Cursed Pantyhose Taro (manga only) * Spring of Drowned Buddhist Priest (Fūshannīchuan) - Cursed Kin'nee (anime only) * Spring of Drowned Twins (双生児溺泉 Shuanshontsūnīchuan; Mandarin Shuāngshēngérnìquán) - No one cursed (cloned a crow and cloned a bump on Happosai's head) * Spring of Drowned Warrior Goddess (Asura) (阿修羅溺泉 Ashiuruonīchuan; Mandarin Āxiūluónìquán) - Cursed Rouge (manga only) * Spring of Drowned Frog (赤蛙溺泉 Chiwanīchuan; Mandarin Chìwānìquán) - Cursed Frog Hermit (anime only), a couple crows (manga only) * Spring of Drowned Child (童子溺泉 Tontsūnīchuan; Mandarin Tóngzǐnìquán) - Cursed Lukkosai (manga only) * Spring of Drowned Akane (茜溺泉 Akanenīchuan; Mandarin Qiànnìquán) - Cursed Kiima (manga only). Akane was only immersed in the pool. * Spring of Drowned Man (男溺泉 Nannīchuan; Mandarin Nánnìquán) - No one cursed (Shampoo used an instant version on a dog) * Spring of Drowned Virtuous Man (善男溺泉 Shannannīchuan; Mandarin Shànnánnìquán) - No one cursed (Pantyhouse Taro tried to use what he thought was this on Happosai to change his name)

[edit] Nature of the Jusenkyo curses

A few conclusions can be reached about how the magic seems to work. * The springs are imprinted with whatever living creature that was first immersed in them. (All) * New curses can still be created. (Spring of Drowned Akane) * Unless specified, the curses don’t seem to affect your age (Taro's monster form grew alongside himself. Lukkosai's and Ryoga's curses have been shown as age specific, as the former turned to a boy, and the latter looked the same in cursed form despite being under the influence of an age-reducing mushroom. It's possible that "girl" also implies youth rather than simply gender, but given that Ranma's boy and girl forms were symmetrically affected by said mushroom, this seems unlikely. Perhaps this is another misunderstanding due to translation.) * The general springs imprint you with a version of your own form. (Ranma and Herb bathed in the same spring, but came out as separate female versions of themselves) * If several beings are immersed in a spring on conception the curse becomes imprinted with a merged template. (Taro’s original form was a combination of a yeti, a bull, a crane and an eel) * Bathing in several cursed springs can combine their effects, even when applied years apart. (Taro’s curse mixed with the Spring of Drowned Octopus. Though if this was because he already possessed a unique, mixed curse is unknown) * A spring containing a person’s original template category will cure him/her. (Instant Nannichuan effects on Ranma & Genma. Comment from Takahashi. Treated as a true cure by the Jusenkyo guide in the final chapter) * People with negative curses didn’t immediately use this cure option after becoming afflicted, but have been enthusiastic to use it several months after the incident. (Ranma, Genma, Ryoga, Mousse) In combination with the above information, this indicates that even a curing spring must be applied quite some time after the fact to work and not create merged results, or perhaps they simply weren't aware of this option at the time. * If a vast amount of curse waters are combined the effects are dangerous or unpredictable. (Jusenkyo flooding) * If an extremely tiny amount is sprayed on only one area of the body only this part will be affected. (Spring of Drowned Twins applied on Happosai’s bump) * A person can be split to several beings. (Same) It is unclear how/if this would/could be reversed. * If stated, a spring can affect the personality of a subject. (Spring of Drowned Virtuous Man) * If there exist previous springs which cover the general template form (In this case Spring of Drowned Girl) and possibly the mentality (Spring of Drowned Shy, Awkward Tomboy?), a spring can bestow the exact likeness of whoever was immersed. (Spring of Drowned Akane) * If a mythological figure is immersed in a pool, it, within limit, confers the abilities, appearance, and likely mentality (judging by Rouge's change in demeanor), similar to what is traditionally associated with it. (Spring of Drowned Asura) * Jusendo Mountain is the source of the unimprinted magic water that empowers the springs. * The curses can be locked/made permanent through the use of the Pot of Preservation and unlocked by its companion Kettle of Liberation. Both are artifacts of the Musk Dynasty, but the former seems to either have been incinerated by one of Herb’s blasts, or buried with the second under Mt. Horaisan when the mountain crumbled from his constant bombardments. (here it is)

Gaara169

[10]Jun 15, 2007
    So what is your favorite cursed spring and why or why not ?

Element-17

[11]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 28

Don't know every spring yet, so I don't have a favorite.

A question: How does an octopus drown in a spring? How does an octopus drown in the first place?!

Gaara169

[12]Jun 18, 2007
    Nevermind I think I figured it out.
    Edited on 06/19/2007 8:36pm

Rhen_Var

[13]Jun 24, 2007
    Element-17 wrote:

Don't know every spring yet, so I don't have a favorite.

A question: How does an octopus drown in a spring? How does an octopus drown in the first place?!

Spring of a Drowned Akane she didnt drown now did she?

Element-17

[14]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 28
    Rhen_Var wrote:
    Spring of a Drowned Akane she didnt drown now did she?
    Well, she couldn't swim. Maybe she just got inconsonance, and that was considered drowning. How deep could the spring be in the first place? Also, why is hers "Spring of Drowned Akane," while Ranma fell into "Spring of Drowned Girl?" Shouldn't they be the same?

Gaara169

[15]Jun 24, 2007
    No the springs are different. For EX: There is spring of the drowned of duck and spring of the drowned bird. They are both birds right. But you turn into different things. A lot of fans have different ideas but this is my idea. I think since the there is already of spring of the drowned spring of the drowned girl. Some how the magic in the springs knows that. Created the spring of the drowned akane. There few things that support my idea like there is Spring of Drowned Asura who is goddess so it means it is a female. There is spring of the drowned man. But there is also a Spring of Drowned Virtuous Man to. Does that help you with your question ?

Rhen_Var

[16]Jun 25, 2007
    Gaara169 wrote:
    No the springs are different. For EX: There is spring of the drowned of duck and spring of the drowned bird. They are both birds right. But you turn into different things. A lot of fans have different ideas but this is my idea. I think since the there is already of spring of the drowned spring of the drowned girl. Some how the magic in the springs knows that. Created the spring of the drowned akane. There few things that support my idea like there is Spring of Drowned Asura who is goddess so it means it is a female. There is spring of the drowned man. But there is also a Spring of Drowned Virtuous Man to. Does that help you with your question ?
    Hes asking how does a Cursed Spring form

Gaara169

[17]Jun 25, 2007
    That's what I am telling him.

Rhen_Var

[18]Jun 30, 2007
    Thats what hes asking

Gaara169

[19]Oct 1, 2007
    I know that.

QuintessenceO_o

[20]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 5
    Gaara169 wrote:

so if like ranma went and jumped into the Viruous man spring he woulnt turn back to normal?