Ranma ½ Forums

Fuji Television (ended 1992)

You think Adult Swim would ever air it?

Ragnarok_Soul

[61]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 1
    I remember watching Ranma 1/2 in Mexico a long time ago. I think I remember them editing out the nipples. A long time ago in one of adult swims said in one of they're black screen chats that they where never going to show this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

daniel251

[62]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 17

can it rated TV-MA or TV-14 DLSV

TV-MA for episodes have sexual and nude

that's better

they could pixelism nudity

daniel251

[63]Apr 23, 2008
    Firetears wrote:
    sakio_hyubishi wrote:
    colormyworld wrote:

I don't know which station it was originally on: I own the dvds.

As for would anyone air it...probably no. Think of the HORRIBLE things that the company would have to deal with! (note the sarcasm)

-Gender bending

-Exposure

-Homosexuality [No offense towards homosexuals, but it's true that America in general has issues with homosexuality...I have nothing against any of you though, so don't take it the wrong way...^^"]

-Blood

-Violence

-Fiancees [Oh no! They're too young!]

And of course...

-Japanese names

So, unless they cut out...a lot....than probably not.

You're acting like America is the prudiest country on the planet. True it was formed, but we're getting less-prudy every day (talk to the old people who keep complaining about it). Your thing about homosexuality is false too, we're getting way more tolerant of gays than ever before (just talk to the church). There's way more dirty shows being aired on American television right now (take a look at Shin Chan and his friend Mr. Elephant).

The whole "America is a Prude Nation" will be played out in a few years, heck soon gays and minorities are gonna have more freedoms than us oprressors (btw, gays and minorities, that's not a shot at you guys, but if you look around and get out of your denial phase, you'll see it to be true).

Anyway, I think Ranma 1/2 would be quite successful here in the states.

Although I do think the whole "America is the worst country" phase is pretty dumb, that post does makes a lot of sense. The dumb thing is, we blame most of everything on TV these days when kids who are on drugs and have sex aren't even watching these shows that "influence them". Ranma 1/2 in its original state will definitely be called an influential program and there's no way it would air in America without being edited. I honestly think Cartoon Network needs to stick a middle finger up and air this show in full glory. It makes no sense that we can watch violence on TV but we can't see a little animated nudity. Besides, if mothers are really that concerned, they'll monitor what their kids are watching instead of attacking the network for airing these "influential" shows.

they can put the sigh before the anime starts

HPGirl28

[64]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 3
    I'm not sure if Adult Swim will ever show Ranma 1/2 on television. Maybe on Anime on Demand if there were lots of requests but no. Even if they did, the people will have to edit alot of stuff out like nudity, langauge and the violence.

TeamRose

[65]May 11, 2008
    • level: 5

RaijinPaladinix wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    Although I do think the whole "America is the worst country" phase is pretty dumb, that post does makes a lot of sense. The dumb thing is, we blame most of everything on TV these days when kids who are on drugs and have sex aren't even watching these shows that "influence them". Ranma 1/2 in its original state will definitely be called an influential program and there's no way it would air in America without being edited. I honestly think Cartoon Network needs to stick a middle finger up and air this show in full glory. It makes no sense that we can watch violence on TV but we can't see a little animated nudity. Besides, if mothers are really that concerned, they'll monitor what their kids are watching instead of attacking the network for airing these "influential" shows.
    Yes! I totally agree! If you don't want your kids watching the show, do something about it. Use the V-Chip!

I have to agree with Firetears and RaijinPadinix I don't see any real reason why cartoon network can't show Ranma 1/2 on Adult Swim I mean Adult Swim was created for the 18 and up population of America I don't know any responsible parents who have allowed their children to stay up after 10pm and they already aired one of Rumiko Takahashi's work already "InuYasha" and that had nudity in it, and there's really is no gay scene in Ranma 1/2 everybody been straight or they just been cross-dressing (and cross dressing is not that big of deal Bugs Bunny use to it.) and the violence is not all that bad compared to some of the other anime that are already on Adult Swim considering nobody dies and a lot of it is just silly nonsensical slapstick cartoon violence anyway. I think Ranma 1/2 would be a great addition to the Adult Swim line up.

RaijinPaladinix

[66]May 19, 2008
    • level: 52
    daniel251 wrote:

can it rated TV-MA or TV-14 DLSV

TV-MA for episodes have sexual and nude

that's better

they could pixelism nudity

If the language and violence is similar to the manga, that isn't a TV-14 rating. The language on InuYasha never got it a TV-14 L, only the violence got it a TV-14 V. And the violence was slightly adjusted (in the dub at least) from the manga, where we would clearly be seeing TV-MA V (or TV-MA SV) in some episodes. Unless there was nudity, your average episode of Ranma 1/2 would probably have TV-14 D or TV-14 DS.

[67]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 16

I more than understand why people dont want to air this show... all the editing would ruin it. Believe me though, ive seen worse on tv. People need to get over it. Sexual content oh well, theres plenty of sexual reference and stuff in regular cartoons these days. It's just a cartoon, if people think its an "ify" show dont watch it. If you don't want your kids watching it, block the channel. People need to stop being so uptight. At least someone had the guts to write it with everything in it. (sexuality, nudity, etc.) We see most of it in everyday life. My opinion is get over it and if you can't, don't watch it. They should be able to air it. Limit the editing to blocking out some of the nudity, thats fine but anything else and thats just stupid.

daniel251

[68]Jul 11, 2008
    Urusei Yatsura on BBC UK

daniel251

[69]Aug 3, 2008
    after Adult Swim censored this part (they censored the shower scene in (I think) episode 3, which showed NO NIPPLES), I came here. Any other episodes Adult Swim might censor? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mVsFifSGiA