TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Rave Master Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Anime or Manga?

camille567

[1]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 2

hey guys!

Just wanna know how many of us likes anime better than manga OR otherwise... I heard many thinks manga is better... I wonder why... if olny the anime is complete! *sigh*

I hope a company will pick up rave master and continue it!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

knowledgeseeker

[2]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    The manga is better. The anime was decent however they way they made the art made the action and the characters a little stiff. I sort of doubt another company will be picking Rave Master up again. It has been a few years since production was halted.

XtreamWolverine

[3]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 7
    I WILL PAY 1 MILLION DOLLARS/POUNDS/EUROS TO ANYONE WHO PICKS UP RAVE MASTER AND CONTINUES THE ANIME!!! And gives me 2 Million.

my_finalfantasy

[4]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    yeah i loved the show, like so many others, but i agree with Knowledgeseeker. I don't think that anyone will pick up rave master again anytime soon. I usually prefer the anime to the manga though, but the manga is still awesome.

knowledgeseeker

[5]Jan 24, 2008
    The manga actually recieved a very good review from some sort of manga guide which has been known to be relatively hard to please.

duskmon12

[6]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 10
    Of course people are going to like the manga better since the anime was never finished. Who would prefer an unfinished plot over the completed version. That's like saying you enjoyed the first ten minutes of one of the Harry Potter movies more than the book.

Atilea

[7]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 4
    Rave Master was the first manga I've ever read, and I absolutely love it. The anime never really left an impression on me...in fact, I really don't like it. xD The art was never as good as the manga's, and the storyline never took off like in the manga.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[8]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 47
    I'm around chapter 50 of the manga and I've completed the anime. Even though I haven't reached the chapters where the anime left off I still find the manga to be a lot better than the anime. Rave Master does such an excellent job of incorporating the tone, style, and humor of One Piece (Hiro Mashima, manga author of Rave Master, was once an assistant to Oda for One Piece so it makes sense). One Piece is still a lot better but Rave Master is one of the better shounen mangas out there, I actually like it better than Bleach and would marginally take Naruto over it.

KingofIPirates

[9]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 32
    The manga is superior primarily because it has a lot more content.

knowledgeseeker

[10]Dec 20, 2008
    Atilea wrote:
    Rave Master was the first manga I've ever read, and I absolutely love it. The anime never really left an impression on me...in fact, I really don't like it. xD The art was never as good as the manga's, and the storyline never took off like in the manga.

You and I have a lot in common. Rave Master was the first manga that I got into as well. It sort of opened the door to me for other manga series as well, such as Naruto, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gintama, and D.Gray-man.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[11]Jan 28, 2009
    What I really like about the Rave Master manga is that it's very friendly to its anime counterpart. You read one chapter of the latest Bleach and at most that would cover like 3 minutes in the anime. One chapter in Rave Master could span into 10-20 minutes depending on each chapter without really having to resort to filler. In fact I don't recall a single moment where there was filler in the anime other than the beginning (but almost all manga adapted anime start off differently).

knowledgeseeker

[12]Feb 1, 2009
    ZaleIsBackAgain wrote:
    What I really like about the Rave Master manga is that it's very friendly to its anime counterpart. You read one chapter of the latest Bleach and at most that would cover like 3 minutes in the anime. One chapter in Rave Master could span into 10-20 minutes depending on each chapter without really having to resort to filler. In fact I don't recall a single moment where there was filler in the anime other than the beginning (but almost all manga adapted anime start off differently).

I am glad that you and I are sort of on the same page. I think it is a smart idea for the anime producers to not use too much manga content in their episodes. The Naruto animators sort of took that approach as well (until they started using slightly more manga content in their episodes which caused them to go into an 85 filler episode run). However, the animators of Rave Master should have done a better job animating the show. Overall, it was decent, but some of the action was a little clunky, and they had a bad habit of reusing their footage. If they would have done a better job making the art more appealing, they could have had a longer run with the show, and it could have been more popular.

mizasterj

[13]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 16

Is the Manga as kid friendly and cheesy slapstick as the anime?

ZaleIsBackAgain

[14]Jul 25, 2009
    mizasterj wrote:

The manga is actually noticeably more violent. For one there is blood, but every now and then there will be occasions where beams go through a person's stomach, and it shows.

knowledgeseeker

[15]Nov 29, 2009
    ZaleIsBackAgain wrote:
    mizasterj wrote:

The manga is actually noticeably more violent. For one there is blood, but every now and then there will be occasions where beams go through a person's stomach, and it shows.

There is also some sexual references as well as a lot of cursing.