A Ray Donovan Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on Showtime

Just as life seems to be heading into a ‘happy family’ moment for everyone’s favorite professional fixer finds himself in turmoil once again on Ray Donovan.

Actress ROBERTA BASSIN joins in the action for the most recent episode “The Octopus,” and finds herself getting grilled by Ray himself.

To find out more, I caught up with Roberta Bassin.

Q: What can you tell us about your appearance on HBO’s Ray Donovan?

ROBERTA: It was that magical interaction between actors; an honesty, a truth, so connected that it is the ultimate ride that takes an actor into the character's world au natural.

Q: How was it working on such a fan-favorite show?

ROBERTA: Just the mention of the title, "Ray Donovan" brings about an excited and enthusiastic response by my fans, friends and family. Industry people react with enormous respect and admiration for the show. People just love the show.

Q: Anything surprise you about the show or your fellow cast mates?

ROBERTA: I was embraced as a collaborator by director Colin Bucksey, cast members and crew right from the start with the incredibly talented, humble and much adored Jon Voight joining me for breakfast -- even insisting on carrying my tray. And, I also enjoyed a delightful conversation over succulent tropical fruit with the incomparable man of the hour, Liev Scheiber. How luck can one gal be?

Q: Is there a chance your character might be back again?

ROBERTA: Everyone was so fabulous with which to work, I would love to return. There is always the possibility. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I will be brought back.

Q: What’s the biggest lesson you took away from the opportunity?
ROBERTA: Be yourself, enjoy and savor every experience and opportunity. From the casting audition with Jennifer Cram of John Papsidiera's office to the shoot, I am reminded how grateful I am to be living my dream and to have fun doing it.

Q: Were you a fan of the show before you worked on it?

ROBERTA: The talent, writing and directing is so excellent, how could one not be? Everyone is at the top of their game with compelling and captivating stories each week.

Q: What else is coming up for you in the near future?

ROBERTA: This is turning out to be a comedy film year for me. I recently completed "Shovel Buddies” from DreamWorks Animation-Owned Awesomeness starring a talented cast that includes Disney's Bella Thorne and YouTube star Kian Lawley; and, now in post-production is the kooky dark-comedy “The Petal Pushers” from writer/director Bob Torrance.

Up next, is "The Afterlife Dating Service," a sleuth comedy of love, murder and mayhem which is in pre-production and written by Marguerite Fair. Always on the boards is my one woman show, " Amelia Earhart: In Her Own Words," along with an upcoming book on the great aviator.

Fans can connect with ROBERTA E. BASSIN on
Twitter
@RobertaBassin / FB: www.Facebook.com/RobertaBassin
0 Comments
Comments
Submit
There are no comments yet. Be the first by writing down your thoughts above.
Follow this Show
Members