Ready or Not

Global (ended 1997)

JessWH

Ready or Not Fan Reviews (13)

• The best Canadian pre-teen/teen show of the 90's ever. It's about two girls who were best friends forever since they were little. They have a lot of issues like growing up, divorce, families, dating, friends, cliques, school, and peer pressure.

I love this show very much. I was a fan of the show for a long time. I was twelve years old and a sixth grader in junior high school, when the show started. I was sixteen and a sophomore in high school, when the show ended. One of my favorite characters are Amanda Zimm (the spunky boy-crazy JAP) and Elizabeth "Busy" Ramone (the Italian-American Catholic girl and a tomboy). They come from differen backgrounds, Amanda and Busy remain good friends since childhood. During the show's 5 year run, the girls went from the seventh grade through the ninth grade. On the show's series finale where Amanda Zimm has to move to the west coast. Her best friend, Busy Ramone stays back. They will be BFF (Best Friends Forever). They'll maybe write to each other and call each other on the phone. I hope they will be a tv movie reunion. I used to watch it when it was reruning on Global TV years ago. It's now reruning on YTV.
  • Just the best teen series ever made.

Amazing. I watched this while growing up, helped me a lot back in the hard days, even though I'm a male. Okay, I'll admit it: started watching it just for the fact that I had a crush with Amanda (Laura Bertram). She was the prettiest girl in the world to me back then, and I still kinda have a crush for the beautiful Laura. But soon learned that I could relate to a lot of the situations portrayed in the show, and from that moment I could never let it go. Amanda was my love, but Busy was my inspiration because of her temper. STILL LOVE IT, I've even downloaded the whole series and I'm now watching it all again. It is fantastic how much more meaning you get from watching this, now that I'm grown up.

I'll recommend it to anybody, teen or adult, who's searching for a responsible, completely realistic, beautifully written and produced, WONDERFULLY acted approach to a young person's life struggles.
  • Way better than the stuff that is now on TV for kids.

Who needed parents when you had shows like this when you were younger? You'd learn everything from shows like this, and they weren't afraid to address topics like sex, homosexuality, anorexia, drinking, whatever it is this show had it. TV shows today that are aimed at kids are terrible. They act like the only things teenagers go through is boys and friend trouble when there is so much more than that. This show tackled the issues of peer pressure in a very tasteful way and in my opinion Ready Or Not is a lot better than the more popular Degrassi. Very underrated and they should air this on more channels. I feel bad for kids today, they have really missed out.
  • Ready or Not is a great show for kids because it shows two girls the age of the viewers dealing with problems many viewers have faced.

Ready or Not was an awesome show that allowed young viewers (including myself) an example of two best friends, Laura Bertram (Amanda) and Lani Billar (Busy), facing many of the issues that young teens face nowadays. As we watched them grow up through the years we got a chance to realize how much people change and therefore could properly appreciate how life's challenges shape who we are as people. I still watch this show almost every day - it comes on BBCKIDS (satellite channel 552) at 8:00 PM (in Toronto at least... Iunno about other places). It's so weird to think that this show was filmed in the early 90's because now, more than 10 years later, it's still being broadcasted and people (me atleast) still watch it ^_^. I can't believe Amanda's actress is 29 now - she's so pretty! I wish the shows they make nowadays could be as heartwarming as this show. Overall: this show rocks and should be aired 4EVER! =D
  • I'm worried I'll never see this show again.

Ready or Not is a great show. I used to watch the reruns on YTV, but it got cancelled now. I like how this show is realistic, and the characters deal with realistic things such as growing up, friendship, family issues, peer pressure, boys, ect.

If a DVD ever comes out, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
  • Great Canadian Series

This is a Canadian show about two girls who have to face the hardships about teen life. Crushes, fear, humiliation, suffering and friendship. Amanda is kind of the naive character who's parrents are divorced, while Busy is kind of like a tomboy character. This is one of my all time favorite shows on Y.T.V. I'm so glad that the brought it back... :( But only on Sundays. Anyone can watch this. Even me (I'm a Boy). I started watching this since I was ten years old. My favorite episode is the one where Amanda gets locked in the store for the night and busy has to pick her up. Well that's my review. So long my friends until next time.
  • A good childrens program.

This was a pretty good childrens television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • One of the best shows ever

I really liked this series. It was aired in the noons here in Mexico, so after school I went running home to watch it. Several friends of mine also liked the show very much.

I liked the fact it was not a sitcom, and I think many of the episodes ware pretty interesting, like 'When a kiss is not just a kiss' ...

I liked the stories, but most of all I liked Amanda (Laura Bertram). She was very cute, and I think she still is cute.

I hope someday 'Ready or Not' will be aired again (and I also want the DVD!!)
  • A timeless canadaian show, about rwo best friends Amanda Zim and Elizabeth "Busy" Ramone. Life from their point of view. Their families, thier crushes and their school lives, all rolled into one half hour show.

What can i say about Ready or Not, its one of my favourite canadian shows of all time. Its brings back memories or watching it after school at 4:30 with my sister and her best friend. Its funny and sensitive and at the same time realistic, Busy and Amanda two best friends that were real kids with real kid problems. A first bra, a crush on a popular boy, peer preasure, anything and everything that acutal kids face. Its a classic show that relates to any era, kids never really change.
  • This is a show about 2 very different friends. everything they had was different, different families, different outlooks on life but they still were friends.

i completely forgot about this show till the other day. i went to my friends work place to meet her for lunch and i dont know, i felt really grown up. she is too and in a way i am surprised we are still friends. i thought we would have drifted apart by now and that made me remember this show. when i was a kid, i wondered why these two were friends. they were so different but you realise it isnt the fact that my best mate wears trendy clothes and reads harry potter, its the things that run deeper between me and her that are the same, thats why we are still friends and this show helped me realise that. i would have come to the same conclusion... eventually but see, im a bit dimm. anyway, this was a solid show with a relatable cast.
  • Ready Or Not is a realistic preteen/teen show that follow the ups and downs of two best friends; Busy (Elizabeth) Ramone and Amanda Zimm.

This show is FANTASTIC! I love it! It isn\'t like most teen shows, it has events in the show that could actually happen to a teenager/preteen. It is realistic and influentail. I wish that they would play the episodes more often though. And when they are played, its way to late for me to stay up and watch. (where I live, it plays at 2:30 a.m.). If this show is supposed to be for eleven-fourteen year olds, then why is it on at two thirty a.m.? o.o
  • Taught me so much while growing up

5.5
    Yet another show I grew up with on global television. You learn alot about growing up from the show. I remember having a problem the one day and I flicked on the TV and watched this show. The episode was dealing wiht my same probem. Go fig eh? The show is kinda controversial in todays time not so much but back when it first came out in the 90's some of the topics were considered risky and my mom would sometimes not let me watch episodes but I know if I ever have kids and they wnated to watch this. I wouldn't let them miss a single episode
  • awesome show

omg i love this show there so pretty i love monkey ears wen i was growin up and my parents to i use to watch it and so did they the show is about two girl always being there for each other as best friends should i love this show and its ahead of its time *amazing*