Real Time With Bill Maher

April 25, 2008

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 25, 2008 on HBO

7.3
  • interesting guests, always good to hear the New Rules segment, I misheard the comment on Jenna Bush. Anyone else?

I am glad I read the quote above on Jenna. I thought he said w__r_ not war. I just started thinking of last week when he apologized on condemning the Catholic church. I figured here he goes again. Well, I love the New Rules segment of the show best. Bill's guests also help draw me in as well. I must confess that I didn't see the beginning. It appeared to me that Gary had a lot to say. Phil seemed more quiet or subdued from other comments made. Maybe Phil is simply more of a listener. HBO is definitely the place for Bill's show. He could not get away with what he does in many other places.
  • Bill Maher is one of my heroes. This episode was nearly a waste of time.

1.8
    Bill allowed a boring and disrespectful Garry Shandling take over his show. The other guests really didn't have a chance to talk much. Mr. Shandling interupted repeatedly with stupid comments. He was not funny.
    I think I sensed that Bill, Phil and Arianna were uncomfortable at times with his hogging of the show.
    I feel a bit cheated, having been given the chance to hear some knowledgable guests speak, only to have Shandling take up most of the valuable time.
    I hope Bill will have Donahue and Huffington back on the show.
    Comedians are fine guests if they are respectful and, most importantly, funny.
HBO