Real Time With Bill Maher Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on HBOIn Season

Any thoughts on the future of this forum and its organization?

bmoshier

[1]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 46

Hello everyone!!

I got the editorship early last week and have been working to add quotes, cast members, new episodes, come up with a standardize episode summary page, etc.

I really do want you input on the series and episode pages as well as the forums.  I'm listening.  How would you like me to organize this forum.

I was considering several directions but I'm not sure about the level of participation.  We could have a sticky thread about the week's episode and then unsticky it after say three weeks.  Well, you get the idea.  So, what are your ideas?!

Oh, and how do we get more people participating?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrn71

[2]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 55
    Congratulations!

I think the weekly thread is a good idea and sticking the newest episodes. I would also say create the thread a few days in advance to talk about the guests and possible topics. This week I'm sure he will address the Steve Irwin costume..

How to get more people participating? Get HBO into more homes and make people care about the issues.

topoopon

[3]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 19

I think if people have a forum that's organized they will come.  Be consistent.  Be comitted.  Be aware.

Most of all, bmoshier, congratulations, and have fun with it.

bmoshier

[4]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 46
    topoopon wrote:

I think if people have a forum that's organized they will come. Be consistent. Be comitted. Be aware.

Most of all, bmoshier, congratulations, and have fun with it.

Thanks!

Hopefully, each of you will help me meet these three goals and the fourth of participate!

I don't mind people giving suggestions, point out problem, etc., as I try to learn from my mistakes.

I might not agree with you but I will listen.
    Edited on 11/05/2006 6:36am

mrn71

[5]Apr 27, 2007
    As new editor of this show, I would like to reiterate the established goals of this forum. I know this show is pretty popular and high-profile, so I would love to see some civilized and organized discussion happening here. The only limitations are those of TV.com's TOS, but beyond that, feel free to get on the soapbox on the topic of your choice.

I will get things started by once again having episode-specific weekly discussion threads.

lovemj

[6]May 7, 2007
    • level: 14
    Thank you for signing up to take over for the last editor (What the heck happened to him anyways?). My only complaint is you've beaten me to the punch on submitting some contributions :-).

mrn71

[7]May 7, 2007
    Hehe. Sorry, I really wanted this guide. I was wondering what happened to bmoshier myself. I hope he left because of all the problems with this site's features and not for health reasons. He really got me started on submissions and being a good editor.
    Edited on 05/07/2007 5:08pm

lolamustang

[9]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 6

what's going on in this thread ?

why does no one organize the episode list ?

why are there no new/fresh information on the episodes ?

(i knew i shouldn't come to tv.com for information - why did i think i would get some here???? )

this site is getting more ridiculous by the minute - thanks for NOTHING tv.com !

Edited on 03/10/2012 1:58am