Real Time With Bill Maher Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on HBOIn Season

Episode Discussion:September 11,2009

What did you Think?

danharr

[1]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 45

Tonights guest Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY)
    Kathy Griffin, comedian
    Paul Rieckhoff, author and veterans advocate
    Rajiv Chandrasekaran, journalist
    Richard Clarke, fmr. counter-terrorism czar

Hope to hear from you guys

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beowulf579

[2]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 59
    I'm sorry...but Maher is an IDIOT. Basically, if you disagree with Obama and you are white...you are a racist. And if you are from the south and a repulblican...you are def a racist.
    Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode in that it shown me how the left/far left thinks. I hope they can get a independant or conservative on their with a backbone soon.

danharr

[3]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 45
    Do you watch the show much cause he does have strong conservatives from time to time but last week was an exception. I don't recall him saying that all people who disagree with Obama are racist. I believe he was saying the birthers, teabaggers, and 9/12 people have a racial undertone which could very well be argued.

beowulf579

[4]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 59
    Oh..I try to watch the show often and am glad when he has conservatives on there. This week he didn't really have any good ones in my book but that's ok too.
    I just don't buy the whole "racial" thing. Maybe I am also venting on ppl like Maher in general. But there is this growing rhetoric that if you disagree with Obama, there must be a racial issue involved. It's basically slapping down legit opposition by trying to shame ppl away as racists.
    And I'm not saying their aren't any racists in the Republican or Democratic parties or the followers...there most certainly are. But you can't just swipe a racial paint brush on all of them.