Real Time With Bill Maher

Friday 10:00 PM on HBO Premiered Feb 21, 2003 In Season

thefanof

Real Time With Bill Maher Fan Reviews (71)

• I blame you for the legalization of pot!

I agree with a great deal of what you say. And you say it in a funny way, which always gets through to people. You know, "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand" has always been my favorite Mark Twain quote. However, your constant nagging and going on about legalizing pot is doing a great disservice to America and young people. What you forget is this is a drug. A hallucinogen drug at that. And one that has grown 1000 times stronger than the stuff we smoked in HS. Like all drugs, it works on people in different ways. I can tell you, everyone I know was frightened on it. Paranoid, scared. Who wants to feel that way for God sakes? Some kids have even wound up in mental hospitals because of it. Anything that can make you feel paranoid like that, cannot be called an 'innocent do no harm' drug. Now thanks to you and your influence, I get dizzy shopping in the food store b/c the clerks are in back smoking that 'innocent drug' and people passing by get contact high. I have a right to NOT feel dizzy, which I feel trumps your "RIGHT" to smoke weed and not be arrested. Sure, it should be decriminalized, but not legal! Don't we have enough hell with drunks on the road? Now I have to worry about my kid getting a hold of this DRUG when he goes Trick or Treating!? Is this REALLY what you want to be known and remembered for? Seriously!? An intelligent man like you harping on such a childish "HIGH SCHOOL" topic is ridiculous! Grow up already Bill! Who cares that you have to stand outside to smoke? It's not all about you! Remember you are not always right, I think you think you are. You aren't. Look at Donald Trump. Is he intelligent because he runs successful businesses? No, he's as dumb as a stump! But he is smart in some areas... grow up! Stop harping on about your damn weed! Kids should be considered!