Reaper

A New Hope

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Mar 03, 2009 on The CW

• Great episode - gets things going again

The premiere episode covers a lot of ground. Charming and funny all along the way. Sam is back from vacation and resuming his bounty hunter duties. The devil is as manipulative and Ray Wise is as fun to watch as ever. The Devil puts Sam in his place by telling him he's just one son of many children the Devil has spawned on earth - no big deal. The scenes with Sock and his stepsister were hilarious especially the tickle fight. I laughed out loud a lot and realized it's been a while since a show has made me laugh that much. I have the feeling that they are downplaying the Sam=son-of-devil part right now but that it will start to pick up steam as it goes along - which makes sense from a pacing point of view I think.
  • Reaper returns and in all its glory...

First off it is a shame this show got cancelled and second I have only just started watching season 2 so I'm a few months behind. Well now to the review, REAPERS back and as good as it left us, the story moves on a lot in the episode The devil is starting to get more devlish ans Sam is trying his hardest to get out of the Devils grasp. There was some really funny parts to this episode the both disturbing and Funny scenes where Sock LIKES his stepsister, great scenes Sock is funnier than ever and Ben is still chipping in with a joke every once in a while. Love the scene where the lads got drunk. Welcome back Reaper you where missed.
  • A good return

Its been so long but it was worth it. I really like this episode: a seemingly impossible task of capturing 20+ souls with a cattle prod, a riduculous solution that kin of worked and the gang is back doing what they do. I like the Sock/sister storyline and it was actually hilarious when he threw her off the bed like a ragdoll. The Devil is still hilarious as well but near the end we get a new story-arc building - a man who escaped from his contract with the devil! But how? And Sam is kind of gullible, isnt he?
  • They're back!

Sam, Ben and Sock return after hitting the road after Cancun. When they return, they're lost their job, their money and their apartment. Luckily, Socks new stepsister is on hand to let them move in. The devil gives sam he task of capturing 20 souls at once with a cattle prod that needs to recharge. Sam captures 2, then it's up to 40 souls. Sam gets them all drunk, then strts getting them. They souls then wake up, he douses them in water and shocks the water, getting all the souls at once, except for one guy, who escaped satans deal/
  • Fantastic comeback, if this is an indication, it's going to be a great season!

Been waiting impatiently for Reaper season 2 and I am far more impressed with this episode than I thought I would be.

Even at the end of season 1, it was only Tony's theory that Sam was the Devil's son but in the four weeks since, it's apparently been confirmed because Sam even confronts him about it. He's always favored Sam but not anymore, he gives Sam a massive 40 soul capture and tells him to stop whining. Either he's angry about Sam's time off or this is a test to see if Sam's the Antichrist, after the rest of his children throughout history were a disappointment. Sam just ran out of favors. I always loved the warm and fluffy relationship they had and it's quite disturbing to see it turn like this. Despite that, I like the father/son thing they have going on now, it's quite touching at moments. "Why are you trying to kill me? You're supposed to be my father!"

Loved the end – Sam gets the job done and Daddy is so proud. Sam's on a high which confuses even the Devil and looks like Sam's finally found something he's good at. He's always shown a real talent for being the bounty hunter and a capacity for creativity which lets him find solutions to unusual souls. This was the big one, which the Devil intended it to be, make or break time to test Sam's worth and he came through – he captured all the souls on his own with Sock and Ben only watching. They've always been of invaluable help but truth is, Sam actually doesn't need their help, he's *really* good at this.

This episode is not only action-packed but is full of hilarious moments (the boys getting drunk, Sock's new sister) and sweet scenes with Andy (she has every right to be hurt and angry and Sam's handling of it was superb, show her how much she means by finding a solution) and the new relationship with the Devil as Sam's father, whom Sam has obviously accepted. So easily, in fact, makes you wonder if deep down he already knew.

Great episode, fun and some great emotional scenes, and gotta say I love the new confident Sam. Very strong episode.
  • The boys are back!

After waiting for so long for a new episode (let alone trying to find out whether or not it was coming back) I was worried that this episode would be crappy. I shouldn't have worried.
    I thought it was great! I loved that they had trouble getting back into the swing of things and that the devil, in anticipation of this gave Sam a nearly impossible assignment. In addition to this, Sam Sock and Ben had some other personal things to deal with and it was hilarious watching what happened and how they went about solving their problems.
    I missed this show and I'm glad that it's back. I just hope that it sticks around for a while.
  • The continuing adventures of the Devils bounty hunter Sam and his intrepid cohorts Sock and Ben. Andi is mad at Sam, Ted has fired all three, they have been evicted, and the Devil has given them an impossible task. So everything will work out alright?

This was a pretty even episode that sort of tied last season and this season together into a nice package. Well written with some nice twists we'll be looking forward too.

Sam, Sock, and Ben return from their road trip hastened by last seasons ending to find that they have been evicted from their apartment, they were fired from the Bench, and Andi is not speaking to Sam. Just another day in the service of the Devil... right? To top this all off the Devil gives Sam a really impossible task to complete that will probably get him killed.

Some nice new pieces to the puzzle of this interesting story. Sam had written a letter as only Sam can do to explain everything to Andi so she would possibly forgive him for the recent events he knows will make her angry. Can you say self-fulfilling prophecy. He even gave the letter to Sock to mail?! Sock and the boys finally crash at Sock's Moms house which is being occupied by Socks new step-sister. She of course is hot and Sock is smitten with her immediately.

Sock and the boys blackmail Ted into getting their jobs back by pointing out some of the little ventures Ted has on the side which are violations of just about any businesses general policies.

Finally they are tasked with bringing in twenty to forty really rough souls who just want to beat each other up and party. Better yet they are given a cattle prod which has to recharge itself each time they capture a soul. Sam finds a way to come through in the end by accident, but you have to watch the episode to see this one for yourself.

We have a few unanswered questions we'll have to wait for next time to see. Will they find out who the escaped soul was who seems to be free of the Devil? Sam and Andi made up. Will Sam's new happiness really upset the Devil to the point where he does something drastic? Will Socks friendship with his new step-sister blossom into something more? Finally will Ben find true love with the Demon in the coming attraction for next week?

We'll see.

Thanks for reading...
  • Taking a break from the the events of the last season final Sam Sock and Ben return to work and find out they are fired. They blackmail the boss and return to normal. Sam fines out that he has many souls to send back and does so. He's no fun anymore says

Well what can i say but here we go with a new season.
    I can say well done but with one thing I can question. What was the point of Sam Sock and Ben being fired if they were only going to get their jobs back? anyway. The Devil having many sons and thinking them all duds was a intersting point. One can't help but wonder if they are going to address the fact that his human father survived being buried alive in the season 1 final. I loved the end where the devil all but said "Oh you're no fun anymore". Sam's reaction to the rain "I love this weather".
    I can the show is still fun and I love it.