Reaper

A New Hope

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Mar 03, 2009 on The CW

• Fantastic comeback, if this is an indication, it's going to be a great season!

Been waiting impatiently for Reaper season 2 and I am far more impressed with this episode than I thought I would be.

Even at the end of season 1, it was only Tony's theory that Sam was the Devil's son but in the four weeks since, it's apparently been confirmed because Sam even confronts him about it. He's always favored Sam but not anymore, he gives Sam a massive 40 soul capture and tells him to stop whining. Either he's angry about Sam's time off or this is a test to see if Sam's the Antichrist, after the rest of his children throughout history were a disappointment. Sam just ran out of favors. I always loved the warm and fluffy relationship they had and it's quite disturbing to see it turn like this. Despite that, I like the father/son thing they have going on now, it's quite touching at moments. "Why are you trying to kill me? You're supposed to be my father!"

Loved the end – Sam gets the job done and Daddy is so proud. Sam's on a high which confuses even the Devil and looks like Sam's finally found something he's good at. He's always shown a real talent for being the bounty hunter and a capacity for creativity which lets him find solutions to unusual souls. This was the big one, which the Devil intended it to be, make or break time to test Sam's worth and he came through – he captured all the souls on his own with Sock and Ben only watching. They've always been of invaluable help but truth is, Sam actually doesn't need their help, he's *really* good at this.

This episode is not only action-packed but is full of hilarious moments (the boys getting drunk, Sock's new sister) and sweet scenes with Andy (she has every right to be hurt and angry and Sam's handling of it was superb, show her how much she means by finding a solution) and the new relationship with the Devil as Sam's father, whom Sam has obviously accepted. So easily, in fact, makes you wonder if deep down he already knew.

Great episode, fun and some great emotional scenes, and gotta say I love the new confident Sam. Very strong episode.