Reaper

Acid Queen

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Mar 27, 2008 on The CW

• Amazing epi!! :)

Andi finally tells Sam that she likes him. And he just doesn't know what to say to her, very classic-Sam. Off course he wants to tell her that he likes her back, but he's worried about Cady. I really like that the story works as a way to get the story to develop. When Sam discovers Andi's life is in danger, he rescues her, but in doing that he realises that he puts her in to much danger... that's so sad. I really wished they could be together... :(
    Sam realises that not all demons are bad. The two neighbours seem to not like the devil too much, and seem to be a little to interested in the fact that he talks to Sam. I can't wait to see what comes out of that little rendez-vous in the end... :)
  • Perfect

*SsPOILERS*

I really cant think of anything that will make this episode any better. It has it all. Locations are varied and we dont see much of the workbench. The actual reapering is against one of the most dangerous escaped souls so far.

Dialogue is quirky, funny, informative and expressive through out.

Scenes are well-paced with an unmistakable sense of growing intensity and trepidation.

The plot is one of the best storylines so far. Perhaps now that basic char. dev of the main characters is over and a big enough grounding of complex situations between them exist, the writers are free to progress the action?!

As it is you'll love the danger the trio face. You'll appreciate the conflict between the guys and the gay-demons. You'll feel your heart skip a beat as Andi is put in danger. You'll wonder with excite as to where the very last scene will send Sam... in conflict with the Devil????

The best episode of my fav. show (at the mo). Without a doubt!
  • Sam, Sock and Benji go after a supermodel demon while dealing with avoiding their neighbors. Sam also finds trouble hitting it off with Andi.

The Demon: Might I say that the acid-spraying demon is probably one of the most simple, but on the other hand, interesting demons this show has delivered us. Recently the demons haven't just been random demons, they somehow fit into the story weirdly, they don't end up to be so fitting to the episode, good job on this episode.

The Neighbors: After last episode's discovery, the gang try to avoid their ideal, but creepy new neighbors. They eventually catch on and Sam tells them the truth, he didn't expect the exact reply he thought of, but it sufficed. These new neighbors are getting interesting, especially after the last scene. It could lead to a very epic season finale.
  • Andi and Sam kiss and Sock's Metrosexuality becomes ever more present

The guys feel freaked out by the fact that their Gay neighbours Steve and Tony are Demons. They end up trying to avoid them at first before Sam just comes out and admits it. Meanwhile Andy admits to Sam that she sees him as more than a friend and the escaped soul is a fashion model who flings acid about.

Once again another great episode of Reaper (although I found the previous 2 weeks a tiny bit better). What had changed this show in recent weeks and continues to make it better is the increased focus on the characters and decreased focus on the job of reaping. The devil is more in the background in this episode (he doesn't appear till at least 10 minutes in) than he ever has been letting the escaped soul have more importance in the guys lives. The Acid Queen of the title personally comes after our characters, which makes her a far more important foe than previously, and increases the danger. I liked this change in tack. It also makes us understand better the reason for Sam keeping Andi out of the whole Reaper side of his life. She really gets physically hurt from it.

Steve and Tony once again are an important part of the plot providing us with some of the funniest lines in the episode. When Sam finally reveals to them that he knows they are Demons is a very sharp scene. 'It's not because of anything you've done, it's because of what you are'. Also when Sam meets one of them at the bar to reconcile their differences the mention of demophobic was likewise very sharp. The reveal featuring Tony and Sam at the end may not be shocking but makes perfect sense in the redefinition of this series. With the mention of the Devil having more than a personal interest in Sam (and the way the devil acts almost fatherly around him) you can't help but think, that the devil is actually looking for a replacement, and wants him to take power, otherwise why would he let him mingle with Steve and Tony in the first place let alone get with Cady. Though think back and there is the mystery of Sam's Dad and why the devil won't talk to him that needs resolving - could it play a part.

Lastly I'd like to mention Sock as a character - he is clearly straight but this episode a hell of a lot of what he did and said came off Gay This is obviously deliberate but has living near Steve and Tony made him more the metrosexual? It would seem so. His counterpart at the Fashion Mag was clearly made to look a little like him with the beard and hair as well. I honestly think that Sock would work there if he was offered it.
  • Sam races to save beautiful women

Sam, Ben and Sock are desperatley trying to avoid Greg and Tony, the two queer demons. They sort of "break up" with them and annoy them, when Sam finds out they know hes a reaper. Anyway, Sam finds out the next escaped soul is a jealous hot women who uses her acid powers to burn off the faces of the women shes jealous of. Anyway, Andi tells Sam she likes him so Sam invites her to come round the apartment on Friday. The 4 of them then go to a party where the soul will be and she tries to kill Andi. Sam saves Andi from her, but they end up in a car crash and Sam captures the soul.
  • I think this is the best episode since the show started. The dose of action and the thrill are perfect. This is why i watch this show.

This episode was the best so far. Not only is making room for new development but the action is getting more thrilling and the characters more lovable. The relation between Andi and Sam seems more likely then ever. The twist with the two demons next door is great and it definitely is an improvement to the writing of the show. It just makes me wanna watch the series. Great job to the writes, they din,t do that strike for nothing, he he. I await the next episode to see what plot combine Sam and that demon. Surely it will be something "evil".
  • This is the best show, atleast for me! Its the only show i make sure i make time to watch!

Awsome! Sam tells Sock and Ben they can't be friends with Steve and Tony anymore, which leaves Sock and ben depressed because they has become so used to having Steve and Tony take care of them. The escaped soul is a woman (guest star Emmanuelle Vaugier), who is threatened by beautiful girls and has come back to kill all the women she feels are more beautiful than she is. Sam panics when he finds out the soul's next victim is Andi and races to save her. It was original just like all of them befor it. i cant wait till the next episode. I know it'll be fantastic!
  • Sam knows which girl is for him.

In this episode we see Sam finally seeing his true feelings for Andi. It also showed that it's important that the boys are a tem chasing demons.

The demon they must track down is a beauty queen gone awry. Ultimatly she is going after Sam and Andi. The boys from next door save Sam from the Acid Queen and then Sam saves Andi from her. Soon enough Cady will be history.

I think we're building to a cliff-hanger for next season where Andi will almost find out about Sam, his soul, the devil and all that goes with it. This is a refreshingly funny show. I hope more people catch on.
  • The Best Episode Of Reaper. Period

This was a example of why reaper is the best new show of the season. Not only was it good to finally see some action between Sam & Andi but the ending with her in the hospital felt original unlike Smallville which has rehashed the same story devices for 8 years, Reaper is the complete opposite. If something weird is going on everybody is on board without any convincing. The plot for this weeks episode has the guys after a beauty queen using acid to kill her competition.
    Also the guys new next door neighbours become distraught after they are broken up with for being demons. when this comes out Sam is called a racist and is the funniest thing I have seen on TV in a long time.
    Brilliant
  • With a jealous lady soul out there Sam realizes the downsides of his job when lives are in danger. The guys new friends put a few things in perspective for Sam about the Devil.

I liked this episode, it was a great filler for things to come. So it looks like the gay demons next door aren't really bad, and they seem to be planning some sort fo demonic rebellion. Their revelation into Sam and the Devil's relationship was very interesting.

The soul catching seems to get easier and easier, but there was a twist, Andy was injured. The worse part was it happened just as Sam and her were starting to heat things up.

Here is where I think things are heading, showdowns. Not just one but two, Andy vs Katy and The Devil vs Sam and the gay demons.