Reaper

Cancun

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 20, 2008 on The CW

• Build it and he will come.

In another riveting episode of Reaper, we learn more that Sam is seemingly the devil's spawn. Many things point to this. The devil actually talks to Sam. Sam has untapped powers that he is finding out about (cue the opening scene of this episode). All pages in the contract between his father and the devil relating to who the father is, are ripped out. For a light-hearted series, they really cover a lot of the bases. Speaking of covering the bases, we had a "Field of Dreams" moment when Sam and the devil are playing catch in some small ballfield. For those of you who have seen that movie, it was a pivitol moment between a son and his dead father.

Much of the episode revolves around the coming fallen angels revolt. Additionally we see Steve, Tony's boyfriend, has reached heaven. This may ultimatly put the revolt in jeopardy as Tony will most likely want to rejoin Steve. In a side story Sock is enamored with a cute demon and some of the life is sucked from him.

This being the season finale left much to carry-over into next season. Will we learn that Sam is definitively the devil's son (and all those ramifications)? WIll Tony be reunited with Steve. Will Sock get back together with his girlfriend or go more to the demon side? Are there any more repercussions to Ben's faux marriage? What is the real deal with Sam's parents?---Who are they really.

This season fell into a minor rut early on with each episode repeating the Sam catches demon theme, but post writers strike they really hit their stride with the Sam might be the devil's son...oh yeah, and Andi finds out themes. I don't know about you, but I can't wait for next season.