Reaper

Cancun

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 20, 2008 on The CW

• The CW finally does something smart: not canceling this brilliant show.

Reaper isn't exactly a television masterpiece, it's just a really great underrated show. But with the conclusion of the first season, it's on its way to being admitted to the club of television hierarchy.

Sam deals with the truth of the identity of his father. Kudos on Reaper's writers, I never figured that Sam might be the Devil's son till a couple of episodes ago. He already has enough issues, he really doesn't need to worry about who his father is.

This episode wasn't lacking in humor either. Sock falls for a succubus and even though he knows the relationship will eventually kill him. Sock is finally moving from the comic relief role and into a more "real" role. But that scene with him carrying Sam was pure comic genius. I also love the return of Steve. I hated how he died and I was glad to see him back. He even made it to Heaven. I found that absolutely sweet. Good for Steve, he really got a great afterlife.

As for that twist ending: I think I figured it out, Sam's father is the son of the Devil, making Sam the grandson. So goodbye for now Reaper, count on me to be in front of the TV for the next season premiere.