Reaper

Cash Out

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Dec 04, 2007 on The CW

• Nice to know a bit more about the characters!!

This was a really great epi. I love the fact that Sam isn't corrupted by all that money, and that he keeps on being "good" even though he has seen and experienced a lot of evil so far. I liked that we got to know the characters a bit better. Sock apparently burned down his old girlfriends apartment, and he still feels bad about it. So he used the money to buy all the stuff that was lost in the fire for her. That was really sweet. It's good to see that he can behave nicely towards her, even if she didn't quite believe it... ;) Sam has a new girlfriend, Cady, who may be the devils daughter. I like that twist, Sam really doesn't seem to believe it until he sees the flowers she has just touched wither and die. But there has been a lot of other deaths as signs before that. But does it really matter if she is the devil's daughter? She is really nice, and not evil at all, and she really likes Sam. Andi is in for some fierce competition... :)
  • Had me in giggles as ever

*SPOILERS*

The quality established in the first half of this series continues. An added twist increases the source of potential confrontation between Sam and the Dvil 1000 fold!

On this particular mission, Sam and the team must overcome the feeling of greed as well as the escaped souls. The souls in question are two bankrobbers. The first one is taken fairly quickly and in hilarious circumstances as Ben is phases half in and out of the walls! The way in which Sam overcomes his target admittedly is becoming fairly bland. I can see that the writers probably had ideas to make this a big thing, but lately every "new" method just seem to be an anticlimax - except for the actual cgi effect used.

Highlight of this show is Sams boss getting strongarmed out of a gambling joint that they must infiltrate to find the other soul.

Im left wondering when Sam will actually realise that all he needs to do, to defeat the Dvil is to fight evil with good. Not easy I grant you, but the selfless deed at the end of giving the money to the wrongly accused bank manager was a nice if cliched touch.
  • i enjoyed it

On tonights installment of reaper, sock and ben follow after sam as he keeps secrectly dating cady, the devils supposed daughter. Sam goes through some research and finds the two new escaped souls from hell. he captures 1 of them, but needs to find the other. Also, the guys keep the $6 million that the souls stole. Sock and Ben agree that they believe Cady is not the devils daughter as they did not find a 666 mark on her. The other soul kidnaps Ben, threatening to kill him, wanting the money. They fool him, saving Ben and giving the money to a man they met earlier who lost everything. Cady tells Sam Jerry (the devil) may be her dad, sam reassures her that shes not, but he may have changed his mind when he sees the flowers next to Cady wither and Die.

It could get old fast, this soul catching week after week but in this episode we find out a little about the characters on Reaper.

Firstly I like the way the original soul was rejected. I thought wrongly that it was rejected because they were keeping the money but no, there was an additional soul to catch. Because of the money and what Sock does with it we learn about him and his former girlfriend. We see how Andi reacts to the news of Sam and a girlfriend. (I really hope they don't diminish her right off the show, I like Missy Peregrym a lot.) And Sam, trying to figure out if this other young lady Cady is really is the devils daughter. Watch closely for things dying.

This episode was a good sendoff before the strike. It held our attention with new insight and troubles for each character. ENough that we want to find out what happens when it returns this week.
  • Enjoyed it

Reaper's fall finale was really fun and adventurous for Sam, Sock and Ben who go through different and more interesting obstacles as episodes pass, and with this new girl playing a part in their lives, things will surely get a lot more interesting for everyone.

Ben and Sock are worried over the fact that the girl Sam is dating might be the Devil's daughter, but some is in complete denial about that fact until one very moment that actually makes him question the possibilities.

They take down 2 former bank robbers, which actually causes problems between the especially because there is a huge amount of money involved and they are clueless on what to do with it.
  • Once in awhile you have to stop and learn who the players are.

I find that the writers have taken more time to develop the characters now that we firmly know what the show is about. This is a great time to do this. With the writers strike on the better the writing the better the show does the better it will be renewed for 2008-2009.
    I was quite interested in the interactions of Sam and Cady. I think the Devil is quite interested as well. The souls that they need to capture are both bumbling and evil. Oh, and once again it's proved that money is indeed the root of evil when capturing escaped souls. A very good show.
  • "I like to bite the heads off live chickens"

This episode was really good. It showed that even though they are friends they can easily be turned against one anthor. The demon was pretty cool and how he could phase. I'm glad that they are using creative powers. I thought it was hilarious when the devil called him and pretended to be his girlfriend. The whole thing if the new girl Sam's dating is the devil is pretty interesting. I thought that it was a really good and creative twist at the end they show the flowers rotting when hes hugging her. Anyways this is the last new episode for a while but i really want Reaper to return after the strike
  • Sam finds a new girlfriend (who may or may not be the "spawn of Satan") and Reaper continues its vast improvement.

It seems the writers of Reaper have decided over the past few weeks to focus on more tangible storylines. Instead of making the repetitive soul-catching the primary focus of an episode, they have instead taken time to explore the relationships between main characters. This is a fact that has served the show well, I believe.

In this episode, Sam finally gets himself a girlfriend. I know that we could probably technically count Taylor, but he kind of screwed that up, so his first real girlfriend is this Cady girl. How ironic and interesting that his first love interest other than Andi also has the potential to be the Devil's daughter. I actually think Sam and Cady have great chemistry, isn't that crazy? Heh.

Amyhow, this episode served to slowly set up more conflicts between her and him. She seems nice, but I don't know about the whole bringing-a-dead-goldfish-into-the-restaurant thing...that was weird. So she definitely seems like she has a darker side as well.

I thought the soul story this week was good, and it further shows what a good, caring guy Sam is. He gave the money to the person that really deserved it, and the whole entertaining story wrapped up in a satisfying way.

Shame that Reaper may be cancelled due to the strike as well, as it is consistently funny and a strong show.