Reaper Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: My Brother's Reaper (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]May 2, 2009
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 5/5/09 episode "My Brother's Reaper" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nknh

[2]May 6, 2009
    • level: 21
    Wow. I still can't get over how the demons ate Morgan, just when I was beginning to think he's not that annoying.

skippercollecto

[3]May 6, 2009
    • level: 15

The butler being named Benson is a reference to the Robert Guillaime series. I have a feeling that wasn't the butler's actual name, just what his boss called him.

The polar bear idea was from Lost, obviously.

Did Bret Harrison actually hurt his foot in real life, hence the need for the boot?

I know that there's been some discussion that Sock is to Sam as Morgan is to Chuck, but I was wondering for several episodes if Sam's Morgan was supposed to be Chuck's Capt. Awesome. Last night's episode ruled out that theory!

Edited on 05/06/2009 10:51am

Enigler

[4]May 6, 2009
    • level: 8
    skippercollecto wrote:

The butler being named Benson is a reference to the Robert Guillaime series. I have a feeling that wasn't the butler's actual name, just what his boss called him.

The polar bear idea was from Lost, obviously.

Did Bret Harrison actually hurt his foot in real life, hence the need for the boot?

I know that there's been some discussion that Sock is to Sam as Morgan is to Chuck, but I was wondering for several episodes if Sam's Morgan was supposed to be Chuck's Capt. Awesome. Last night's episode ruled out that theory!

That would be interesting if Brett did hurt his foot and that is how he ended up in the cast. I figure we will have to see if it is present in the next epi. Capt. Awesome is in no way shape or form similar to that of Morgan. If so, they are like on polar ends of the spectrum. Capt. Awesome is just a generally good guy who you can find little fault. Morgan is/was just a smooth guy who would eventually get under your skin to the point you cannot stand his presence. Guess we won't have to worry about that happening again.

basenji529

[5]May 7, 2009

nknh wrote:
    Wow. I still can't get over how the demons ate Morgan, just when I was beginning to think he's not that annoying.

I thought that was weird.

thetruesora

[6]May 7, 2009
    • level: 22
    I like how sam was shocked about Sock bringing home a stripper when that was mostly the only "normal" part of the episode. Ben's with a demon and Sam watched as the demons ate Morgan, can they really say anything about Sock bringing home a stripper?

Also stripper clowns = not hot

Rafie26

[7]May 7, 2009
    • level: 11
    You think there's going to be an episode where Morgan escapes from hell just to bring one of Sam's friends down with him? That could probably be a season finale.

nxylas

[8]May 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    Rafie26 wrote:
    You think there's going to be an episode where Morgan escapes from hell just to bring one of Sam's friends down with him? That could probably be a season finale.

Dude, the Devil actually said something along the lines of "You'd better hope he never finds a way to get out of hell". It couldn't be any more obvious if they'd flashed the word "FORESHADOWING" across the screen in huge pink neon letters.

thetruesora

[9]May 7, 2009
    nxylas wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:

Dude, the Devil actually said something along the lines of "You'd better hope he never finds a way to get out of hell". It couldn't be any more obvious if they'd flashed the word "FORESHADOWING" across the screen in huge pink neon letters.

Which wouldn't be that outrageous for them to do.

GaRYtheWHiTe

[10]May 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    I actually enjoyed this show up until this episode.

This was one of the most disgusting episodes in television history.

The way of homo steve? what the heck, smut like that should never be on television.

I also cant believe everyone was just so willing to join. I realize this is comedy show, but they went too far.

thetruesora

[11]May 8, 2009
    What was your problem with it? the fact that Steve is gay Steve was an example of what can happen for them: Redemption. If Steve went from demon to Angel then so can the others
    Edited on 05/08/2009 2:59pm

basenji529

[12]May 8, 2009

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:
    The way of homo steve? what the heck, smut like that should never be on television.

::pointing GaRYtheWHiTe to Neon Genesis Evangelion:: Nothing gay about this anime. The guy who sacrifices himself so humanity can live is in no way a homosexual at all, and he is totally not in love with the main hero. Nope, nothing gay at all.

GaRYtheWHiTe

[13]May 9, 2009
    [QUOTE="thetruesora"]What was your problem with it? the fact that SIve is gay Steve was an example of what can happen for them: Redemption. If Steve went from demon to Angel then so can the others[/QUOTE

Oh I have no problem with the redemption angle, but he really would never be redeemed until he changed his sinful ways. I didnt see the episode where he got accepted into heaven, but Im sure the episode didnt revolve around a homosexual showing self control and going on the right path.

Not to mention they had dudes kiss as some sort of divine command..

GaRYtheWHiTe

[14]May 9, 2009
    basenji529 wrote:

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:

::pointing GaRYtheWHiTe to Neon Genesis Evangelion:: Nothing gay about this anime. The guy who sacrifices himself so humanity can live is in no way a homosexual at all, and he is totally not in love with the main hero. Nope, nothing gay at all.

Never heard of that, i despise Japanese anime.

thetruesora

[15]May 9, 2009
    GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:
    thetruesora wrote:
    What was your problem with it? the fact that SIve is gay Steve was an example of what can happen for them: Redemption. If Steve went from demon to Angel then so can the others

Oh I have no problem with the redemption angle, but he really would never be redeemed until he changed his sinful ways. I didnt see the episode where he got accepted into heaven, but Im sure the episode didnt revolve around a homosexual showing self control and going on the right path.

So you're problem is that Steve is homosexual and you think that means he shouldn't of been allowed to become an angel again? The episode where Steve comes back as an angel is the season one finale.

basenji529

[16]May 9, 2009

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:
    Never heard of that, i despise Japanese anime.

Well, this one's, ah, special. It's like Voltron if everyone on Voltron was bipolar.

aktarian

[17]May 11, 2009
    • level: 5

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:

The show didn't show himbeing accepted into heaven. He was killed when Devil busted rebellious demon's gathering. Prior to that he was advocating doing good deeds as a way to redeem themselves while others advocated striking agaisnt Devil. Steve was then shown as an angel, telling Tony he went to Heaven which led Tony to rescue Sam from the cage (S1 finale).

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:

If you look closely he is kissing Tony's cheek.

Steveology, LMAO (of course, Sock's one liner)

Though I think the first gathering scene could be even funnier if Tony would say "we are earning our wings back" and then Nina would come in offering chicken wings

basenji529

[18]May 15, 2009
    aktarian wrote:

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:

If you look closely he is kissing Tony's cheek.

Plus, the whole ban on same-sex love is just a kinship thing, no different than bride price. By that logic, I'm going to hell for being uncircumcised.

Loganace

[19]May 18, 2009
    • level: 9
    Did anyone catch the Supernatural reference?

Devil says something along the lines that Morgan is being tortured in hell and he keeps screaming Sam's name

The same thing happened with Dean in Supernatural season 3 finale
    stuck in hell screaming his brothers name witch happens to be Sam...

GumDispenser

[20]May 18, 2009
    • level: 4
    Loganace wrote:
    Did anyone catch the Supernatural reference?

Devil says something along the lines that Morgan is being tortured in hell and he keeps screaming Sam's name

The same thing happened with Dean in Supernatural season 3 finale
    stuck in hell screaming his brothers name witch happens to be Sam...

nah I really think this was just a coincidence in the storylines.

Dean was screaming for help. Sam's help, anybody's help.
    Morgan was screaming out the name of who put him there.