Reaper Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: The Devil and Sam Oliver (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]May 26, 2009
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 5/26/09 episode "The Devil and Sam Oliver" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DarkMaster7991

[2]May 26, 2009
    • level: 22
    *spoilers* I read on the offical reaper wiki that Andi gives her soul as collateral since Sam and th Devil have a tie*......yea I hope thats not sure lets find out... I hope the renew this show.

Gislef

[3]May 26, 2009
    It says it here, too.

DarkMaster7991

[4]May 26, 2009
    Gislef wrote:
    It says it here, too.

*spoiler* Oh. hmmmm well there are 10mins left and I hope Andi doesn't lose her soul or we may get a cliff hanger or to be continued that may never be continued.*spoiler*

DarkMaster7991

[5]May 26, 2009
    Interesting Ending of the episode. I would like to see more and find out why Steve was told to do that to sam and andi... man thsi show needs a renewal! Oh and it was funny when Sock went to stop the exorcism. That was pretty funny.

Gislef

[6]May 26, 2009
    We do have a universal spoiler warning on the entire thread...

It was basically the same ending concept they went with, with Brimstone. Would have been nice if Nina had been in the final group gathering. Andrew Airlie and Donavon Stinson still aren't seen. Too many loose ends, but a little bit of closure.

mikey7199

[7]May 26, 2009
    • level: 6
    did sam lose his deel

DarkMaster7991

[8]May 26, 2009
    mikey7199 wrote:
    did sam lose his deel

Nope. Tie and then Andi lost her soul. steve broke sam's hand that he used to play quaters becuase "the higher ups" told him to so he could earn his wings. (the game sam challenged the devil with) so now sam and andi both now are owned by the devil. I guess it would be cool ot have this ending but I would have really liked to see more. Hopefully just hopefully it can happen. (I mean my other favoirte show that was going to be cancelled chuck was renewed...not smae situtation but still.Hope)

Sirique

[9]May 26, 2009
    • level: 14

I don't see how this could be the end of the show. It can't be over because Andi lost her soul, that doesn't make any sense. There's nothing cool in loosing his soul to the evil. Now what, Same and Andi are soulless mates and everybody is happy...

Why god asked Steve to break the Sam's hand so he can't get out of his deal with the devil. And remember when Steve appeared to that rich guy and says that Sam have a special destiny? Sam has to accomplish something big and I want to know what it is.

Nha it can't end this way.

Edited on 05/26/2009 10:21pm
    Edited 3 total times.

pgsuperfan

[10]May 26, 2009
    • level: 25
    Now they go off to rerun land

parallax207

[11]May 26, 2009
    • level: 15
    Well, too bad it's canceled... I only hope that another network or cable channel will pick it up for next season.

The-1337

[12]May 26, 2009
    • level: 4
    All this news of syndication makes me hopeful of another season.

MetaLuna

[13]May 27, 2009
    • level: 5
    I had trouble believing that was it. They're going to cancel the show, and that's the ending?

Anyone else wonder if they're hoping to incite enough anger amongst fans to sell DVDs and get more publicity? It worked for Jericho, Firefly and Family Guy. I wonder if this is intentional.

SludgeVohaul

[14]May 27, 2009
    • level: 7
    I enjoyed this episode so much. I've always loved how Reaper combines comedy, drama, romance, and action in the episodes. The whole psychadelic frog stuff was hilarious to me, and I felt suspense on what would happen during the contests.

If there are any old ED fans on here, I sure enjoyed seeing Phil Stubbs and Shirley Pilko together again (Steve and Mary Pat worked in Stuckeybowl together). Since Reaper was only a mid-season replacement I hadn't realized how much I had been enjoying it. Now that the show is probably over I feel terrible that such a great show with such potential is getting canned. I just can't understand the CW though. Reaper had better ratings than 90210 and that show got renewed. One Tree Hill is a horrible show. Smallville is long past its prime. And even Supernatural was a little weak this season with the whole angel storyline for me. The CW is going to crash if it keeps cancelling all its best shows. Reaper should have stayed much longer.

KingofIPirates

[15]May 27, 2009
    • level: 32
    Found this episode to be pretty good; though I'm disappointed that we're left with this incomplete ending considering that the show's now cancelled. I agree It's truly tragic that shows like 90210(which should've been cancelled from the first episode) and One Tree Hill (which is long overdue for it to be scrapped) get renewed while Reaper gets the preverbial boot

lewone

[16]May 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    sam shouldve challanged him to an ice cream eating contest, becausr the devil cant eat ice cream

chicamusica12

[17]May 27, 2009
    • level: 13
    lewone wrote:
    sam shouldve challanged him to an ice cream eating contest, becausr the devil cant eat ice cream
    Good point! But the Devil woulda screwed him over somehow.

aktarian

[18]May 28, 2009

Two problems with exorcism.

1. Would it work in the first place? Nina isn't possesed by a demon, she is a demon

2. as Ben's grandmother can see evil she would have to take only one look at her to see nothing has changed and she faked it.

But good episode, would make excellent season finale but not great series finale

ContinuumVortex

[19]May 28, 2009
    • level: 15
    aktarian wrote:

Two problems with exorcism.

1. Would it work in the first place? Nina isn't possesed by a demon, she is a demon

2. as Ben's grandmother can see evil she would have to take only one look at her to see nothing has changed and she faked it.

But good episode, would make excellent season finale but not great series finale

1. Good point, but it probably would have sent her wholly to hell in body and mind

2. She probably see's evil metaphorically as a trust issue so everyones evil till they get exorcised or atleast redeem themselves in her eyes

Now the actual episode i enjoyed felt a bit miffed at the ending but it wasnt a massive let down in that area yeah their both still damned but theres a reason for it which we'll never find out BUT theres a reason for it so i'm pretty happy with that to an extent.

Edited on 05/28/2009 10:05am

BlueSunflower

[20]May 28, 2009

ContinuumVortex wrote:
    ...which we'll never find out BUT theres a reason for it so i'm pretty happy with that to an extent.

We still may find out. Be sure to help us by checking out this thread: http://www.tv.com/reaper/show/68745/official-renewal-thread-reaper-in-trouble!--shows-creators-are-leaving!!!/topic/83632-1263185/msgs.html?page=2