Reaper Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

Reaper Offically Cancelled!

pedro3164778

[1]May 21, 2009
    • level: 10
    Sad news..... The CW Upfronts just came out and Reaper was on the cancelled list.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wayneepoo

[2]May 21, 2009
    • level: 3

What I really don't understand is why they didn't renew it and put it on Fridays with Smallville. If they were going to move Smallville like that, they should have a whole night of original programming. Instead, they put a repeat of Top Model with it, which is completely incompatible with Smallville, and, oh yeah, unnecessary!

BlueSunflower

[3]May 21, 2009
    • level: 5
    Since all these threads end up getting deleted, I will just say go to the pinned-up thread "Reaper in Trouble, Producers are leaving" since no, Reaper's not gone yet. Hollywood Reporter reconfirmed today that even though the CW is not picking it up, talks for syndication are still going on. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i4ac338fdce0587a71c0f60c8af5aed4f Write your CW affiliates, and thank ABC Studios for not giving up. All details in my previous posts in the Reaper in Trouble thread.
    Edited on 05/21/2009 3:17pm

dh4645

[4]May 22, 2009
    • level: 15
    if they totally cancel it, it better get a proper ending where sam gets out of the deal with the devil and him and andi go off into the sunset to bone like bunnies.

shocker713

[5]May 24, 2009
    • level: 21
    And yet, the CW's 9:00 Friday slot still remains open.

BlueSunflower

[6]May 24, 2009
    shocker713 wrote:
    And yet, the CW's 9:00 Friday slot still remains open.

Don't forget Dawn's quote that they couldn't pick up "Lily" because they had a lot of "really, really great pilots" and yet....

staind47

[7]May 24, 2009
    • level: 13
    dh4645 wrote:
    if they totally cancel it, it better get a proper ending where sam gets out of the deal with the devil and him and andi go off into the sunset to bone like bunnies.

I agree, they have set things up pretty good, so that if it should get cancelled, they can still give us a proper ending. Is that really so much to ask?

aktarian

[8]May 24, 2009

staind47 wrote:
    dh4645 wrote:
    I agree, they have set things up pretty good, so that if it should get cancelled, they can still give us a proper ending. Is that really so much to ask?

judging by the sinopsis there will be somesort of closure. Sam makes Devil play the game, it's a tie and Andi makes a sacrifice. which could be good for either series or season finale

pgsuperfan

[9]May 26, 2009
    • level: 25
    Wished it had been renewed but maybe Scu Fi could pick it up

BlueSunflower

[10]May 26, 2009
    pgsuperfan wrote:
    Wished it had been renewed but maybe Scu Fi could pick it up

Pgsuperfan - Check out the Renewal thread. While ABC Studios *is* talking to SyFy, syndication is far and away more likely - but we need your help! All details in this thread: http://www.tv.com/reaper/show/68745/official-renewal-thread-reaper-in-trouble!--shows-creators-are-leaving!!!/topic/83632-1263185/msgs.html?page=2

BLacqWyng

[11]May 26, 2009
    • level: 13
    Strange is the clip on the CW's site with character of the show all mention SEASON's finale, not SERIES finale, and I read elsewhere there was still talks going on between the producers and the CW.. add that to the still open fri 9 slot... almost a demonic thought arises :-)

BlueSunflower

[12]May 26, 2009
    BLacqWyng wrote:
    Strange is the clip on the CW's site with character of the show all mention SEASON's finale, not SERIES finale, and I read elsewhere there was still talks going on between the producers and the CW.. add that to the still open fri 9 slot... almost a demonic thought arises :-)

The CW is only saying that because they want people to watch. A ton of people tune out when you say "series finale" especially over a show that isn't ready to go.

And the CW is NOT in talks to continue the show. ABC Studios is - with ironically the CW affiliates, who need to schedule on Sunday nights since the CW network dropped them. Please, please, PLEASE check out the Official Renewal Thread, as we need all the help we can get!

http://www.tv.com/reaper/show/68745/official-renewal-thread-reaper-in-trouble!--shows-creators-are-leaving!!!/topic/83632-1263185/msgs.html?page=2

KingofIPirates

[13]May 27, 2009
    • level: 32
    Hopefully by some miracle this show can be picked up if not by the CW but by ABC Studios.
    Edited on 05/27/2009 12:03pm

BlueSunflower

[14]May 27, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Hopefully by some miracle this show can be picked up if not by the CW but by ABC Studios.

It won't be a miracle, it'll be by a lot of hard work - which I might add, appears to be working. Please join us. Check out the OFFICIAL RENEWAL thread for all the details. Thanx.

MySweetRana

[15]May 28, 2009
    • level: 1
    I'm getting fed up with producers canceling good TV shows and replacing them with B.S. "shows". And wth kind of finale was that for Season 2? You can't leave it that way. But apparently ABC is trying to buy it or they're going to sell to cable.

haldrey

[16]May 28, 2009
    • level: 22
    I hope it will be picked up by someone else, although it may be wishful thinking. It is a pity since the season finale was not a proper ending to the show.

BlueSunflower

[17]May 28, 2009

MySweetRana wrote:
    But apparently ABC is trying to buy it or they're going to sell to cable.

ABC is not trying to buy Reaper. They already own it, since they're the ones that produce it. They are actually most likely selling it to syndication, and not cable. Please check out these posts for all the details:

http://nickctv.wordpress.com/2009/05/22/reaper-to-live-on/

http://community.livejournal.com/reaperdmv/46875.html

Or see reaperdmv.com for the most up-to-date information.

:
    I hope it will be picked up by someone else, although it may be wishful thinking.

It's not wishful thinking at this point, but we do need your help.

Edited on 05/28/2009 10:32pm

all4dogs

[18]May 29, 2009
    • level: 6

Of course they cancelled it. Why wouldn't they? It was one of the best shows out there! Honestly, there's such crap on TV right now. I'm thoroughly disgusted with network cancellations. Really...reality TV...sitcoms...cop/medical/lawyer shows...blah, blah, blah.

I'll really miss Reaper!

buffywiz299

[19]May 29, 2009
    • level: 4
    All4dogs: Reaper still has a chance of a third season! Visit the official renewal thread and you can fight for the show you love.

basenji529

[20]May 29, 2009
    • level: 15

BlueSunflower wrote:
    The CW is only saying that because they want people to watch. A ton of people tune out when you say "series finale" especially over a show that isn't ready to go.

Define "ready to go". I don't think I need to remind you that the absolute worst thing you can do on TV is to try to keep a show going after it should've been canceled. But the dark side provides a means for a producer to do things some might consider...unnatural.