Reaper

Love, Bullets and Blacktop

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 2007 on The CW

• Another great epi!

Reaper just keeps on being really good. I thought this was an awesome episode. The episode focused a lot on Sam, and we really learned a lot about him. He reluctantly hooked up with this girl, Taylor, who was really in to him. I loved the scene where Taylor goes to find Sam at the work bench, and goes and talkes to Andi. You can tell that Andi is kinda bothered about it... I also liked the scene where Andi and Sam watches the movie together in the back at the "Ted-free-zone" she has created. That was awesome. I hope they end up toghether... :)
  • b00bs, bullets and blacktop

two escaped souls from a movie escape from hell. it is awesome. they can't die and are addicted to adrenaline rushes and 80s songs from the movie "love, bullets and blacktop" it should be "b00bs, bullets and blacktop" like sock said. it was a good episode and i liked when sam caught the first one, it looked awesome. that guy they watched the movie on his betamax tape and saw his car, yeah he was a d0uche! sock rules! they really didn't like rick. thats his name! rick! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome! a3wesome!
  • Okay

this episode was okay. I thought this was the weakest episode. I mean the demons weren't cool and had no real special power. I mean fire and bugs are awesome but these demons were way to killable. It was good to see Sam get over Andi and stop acting like some love sick puppy even if his new girlfriend only lasts for one episode. Yeah this episode was kind of a let down. I don't know what it was. All what i know is that this is the first okay Reaper episode. It wasn't horrible or anything just Reaper didn't seem to deliver this week.
  • A nice episode that sort of makes an homage to classic car movies from the 80's. Also has some major character development for Sam. It really shows us how good of a guy he is.

This episode was done really well. In a way, it kind of seemed like a filler episode--it didn't really advance the major story arc of Reaper a whole lot, but it gave us, the viewers, a deeper insight into Sam.

At the beginning of the episode, Sam and the gang are hanging out at a bar when a random, über-hottie by the name of Taylor comes up and randomly kisses Sam. Naturally, Sam is a bit taken aback but pleased. Even though the scene ends with the group of girls getting bored and leaving, Taylor seems to take an interest in Sam and gives him her number.

Throughout the episode, it is interesting to watch Sam as he tries to deal with his existing feelings for Andi, coupled with the pushiness of Taylor. She's beautiful and totally into him. It doesn't help that the Devil is of course talking up Taylor at every given opportunity, even giving Sam helpful sexual advice. He has to sort out all this relationship drama in the midst of trying to capture the next soul...or in this case, souls.

The souls in this episode represented everything that the Christian view of the Devil is supposed to be. Pure base instinct. Adrenaline, lust, power, reckless abandon...Kit and Holly gave into the primal urges wholeheartedly, and as a result went on a killing spree. It was a change of pace from the souls that were present in the rest of the episodes of Reaper. It seemed to me that although Kit and Holly were murdering people, they weren't really evil in the sense of the word. They were just careless, and caught up in all those emotions that most humans repress for a reason.

One of the strongest moments for Reaper all season came at the end of this episode. After much encouragement from the Devil (and even Andi), Sam decides to meet Taylor back in the same bar for a drink. After watching the antics of Kit and Holly, he decides that he is too reserved and that he should go after things more than he does. Subsequently, Sam and Taylor end up in a closet in the back of the bar. They are making out pretty hardcore, when Sam stops and says "This isn't who I am...we need to take this slower." Taylor was a bit bewildered, seeing as how Sam initiated the whole closet thing...but agreed nevertheless. Something tells me we're not going to see very much more of her though.

A hilarious and touching scene between Sam and the Devil follows. Sam stands up to the Devil yet again and tells him that he is not the kind of guy to just lust after women for no reason, and that he is waiting to find true love. Although the Devil plays it cool, you can tell that he is really affected by Sam's statements.

This episode was a very strong one, and immensely enjoyable to watch. Let's hope Reaper has more episodes like this.

"I'm sorry Sam, I shouldn't have pushed that whole 'Taylor' thing on you. I had no idea you were a homosexual."
  • Great !

The episode started good, had some down moments, then was great, then the end was kinda lame.

I really liked the fact that there was a new girl for Sam, because i really dont think Andi is the one for him, she is too.......simple.

Did the ending gave away something about the devil's love life ? i guess it did, so that was pretty cool.

As usual, LOVED Socks and his jokes and funny moments, like when he and Ben sing to celebrate the fact that they got the soul.

Missed the manager heheh he is a realy funny guy and always delivers his jokes.
  • This show is failing to impress.

Reaper has been pretty much the same all season round and all I can say is that it really has to go somewhere! I remember a few episodes ago it was getting better, but now it still feels just the same. Sure, Sam doesn't argue with the Devil anymore about doing his errands, but there isn't anything extra to the show. I'm looking for a twist that would make my jaw drop.

This week, Sam tries to take down a couple who enjoy stealing a certain type of vehicle. Well, first of all, the plot wasn't that good. Other than that, I just could not appreciate the two demons and the vessel was at least creative, but then again, I didn't really feel it.

Sam meets a girl named Taylor, but once they start getting together, he feels that his relationship with Andy is getting better. Though I see nothing different with Taylor because Sam would still have to hide the devil stuff from her, it's just that the Devil seems to favor Taylor more.
  • A heart-warming episode mixed up with heart-pounding action

Another great episode from Reaper. The qualities I love about Reaper remain consistent throughout Love, Bullets, and Blacktop. Sam's relationships with his friends continue to develop, and we learn more about how Sam chooses to live his life. He's not really the lazy, good for nothing guy they describe him to be at the beginning of the show, he's a great guy with a lot to offer. We find out that Sam is not the kind of guy to take advantage of women, he seeks out love and companionship. We're also offered a touching glimpse at The Devil's character, near the end of the episode, a nice touch to wrap up a wonderful episode.

So far the monster-of-the-week format has worked well for this show, and I would encourage them to stick with it. Although some people may think that this format gets old quickly, and there isn't a lot of variance with it, I wholeheartedly disagree with that viewpoint. The monster-of-the-week format gives the show a strong basis upon which to build all of its episodes. Reaper is heading in a great direction and I would like to see it continue that way.
  • Sam and Co hunt down adrenaline rush escapees while Sam is tempted with an easy lay with Tyler.

The inclusion of Russ this week was not my favorite, but he just so conveniently had what the two escaped souls were looking for: Muscle Cars. Sam, Sock, and Ben go out to drink one night when Sock starts up a hilarious dance scene that leads to Sam and Tyler kissing just moments after eyes meet. Sam doesn't follow up on Tyler, since we can tell he still really feels for Andi. On their hunt for the souls, we get to see some awesomely great broken bones snapping back into place after falling a great distance into cars, I really enjoyed the sound and look of the two souls mending their selves. Radar Love, not a bad song, comes into play this episode, especially at the end when Sock and Ben start singing it to save Sam. The Devil is back in true form again, and is as always, a pleasure to watch on screen. His information on Tyler's soft spot lead Sam on the road of temptation. Mean while, Andi shows off a SWEET hiding spot that lets them get back into a groove. Russ' house have a car drove into it...that was hilarious. In the end, Sam gives up on Tyler thing, despite having her in a closet at the bar. He meets the Devil afterwards who says, "I'm sorry...I didn't know you where a homosexual. Hear that...that's all the men of the world laughing at you." Sam counters this and brings up the question of true love and the Devil. The moment Sam storms out, the Devil puts a sad, love song on the jukebox. So maybe if Sam can heal the Devil he can get out? I can't wait to see where this is going...
  • Sam and the buffettes have to stop an escaped couple on a killing spree, with the help of Golden Earring's Radar Love.

This was an instant classic. Sam, Sock and Ben must stop a couple obsessed with a movie from the late 70's. When Sock and Ben broke out singing Radar Love I think I peed a litle. The incorporation of campy 70 style action movies was great. Having Curtis Armstrong in as the creepy drug addict co-worker was awesome. I was almost waiting for John Cusack to show up. What really cinched this episode for me was the very last scene with Sam and the Devil in the bar. I thought after Sam left and the Devil changed the song on the jukebox really gave some depth to Ray Wise's character. Now if only they'd bring in a love interest for him. Maybe a nun or Sock's mom. That will be season two, Sock has to deal with his mom's new boyfriend, the Devil.