Reaper

To Sprong, With Love

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 12, 2009 on The CW

• This episode kind of coasts along but continues to entertain well in the process

To Sprong, With LoveThis episode entertains but coasts a bit ...Continue »

This was kind of a filler episode. Nina getting hit on by all the sleazy male demons because she is in heat was so-so funny. Ben trying to defend her honour was less funny though. By the time he had his suit of armour on, I'd tuned out of that story line. Like Andi, the Ben character is a bit of a weak link - which is in stark contrast to Nina as that actress is great at comedy. The twisted toxic high school teacher Mr. Sprong premis was pretty funny - who hasn't had a teacher like that at some point in their lives? Still the whole thing puts them on a slippery moral slope - kidnapping, the eagerness with which Sam was originally willing to dispatch Sprong back to hell when thinking he was a soul, hitting a non-soul with a mallet and drawing blood - and, ultimately setting the guy up for a nervous breakdown. Lots of grey area there!!

Entertaining though, and, sigh, I'll remember this show fondly when it's gone, which soon it surely will be. My Favourite scene:
    -The Devil selling engagement rings - priceless!