Reba Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Kyra, what happened?

mediashark

[1]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    I kinda tuned out during the 4th and parts of the 5th season(life got really hetic) I just wanted to know what happened to Kyra? In regards to the show. I ALREADY KNOW WHY SCARLET POMERS WAS NOT THEIR! I just want to know how they explained her absent's on the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shelley06

[2]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 21
    Her absence was never explained in the show.  She appeared on 3 episodes last season and then was not discussed.

hot_redheads

[3]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 8
    I love how they tied her back into the show. Saying she was getting something to eat as explanation for her absence; it's pure brilliance!

janiceday

[4]Nov 26, 2006
    I find it really funny how shows have done that... just sort of ignored a main character when something keeps the actor away.  And even though it's odd, it totally works.  I think when the viewing audience knows the situation with the actor (as we did with Scarlett because of entertainment repots), they don't need for some lame "boarding school" storyline to be written in.

RebaRocks

[5]Nov 27, 2006
    For a few episodes they had subtle hints. IE, BJ and Brock would be over at Reba's...you were to assume that Kyra was watching Henry. Thanksgiving...BJ, Kyra, and Henry all went to Bj's relatives. BJ going to St. Louis...she holds up 3 tickets, we were to assume for BJ, Kyra, and Henry again.

NovaScotianDude

[6]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 16
    RebaRocks wrote:
    For a few episodes they had subtle hints. IE, BJ and Brock would be over at Reba's...you were to assume that Kyra was watching Henry. Thanksgiving...BJ, Kyra, and Henry all went to Bj's relatives. BJ going to St. Louis...she holds up 3 tickets, we were to assume for BJ, Kyra, and Henry again.

Yeppers

shelley06

[7]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 21

hot_redheads wrote:
    I love how they tied her back into the show. Saying she was getting something to eat as explanation for her absence; it's pure brilliance!

Yes, that was clever but a little shocking that they would make light of an eating disorder. However, I thought it was a good explanation for where she had been.

NovaScotianDude

[8]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 16
    shelley06 wrote:

hot_redheads wrote:

Yes, that was clever but a little shocking that they would make light of an eating disorder. However, I thought it was a good explanation for where she had been.

I must agree with you about the fact of making light of her disorder. But on the other side she must want people to know she is better.