TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Reba Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Reba Fan Fiction by mags

Mags313

[1]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 23
    O.Kso i posted some episodes ideas on the Creating New Episodes thread or sumthin like that. I'm thinking about turning it into a fan fic. So if you guys are interested check them out they're currently on the last page and their titles are The Way We Are and Adventures in Babysitting, Houston Style. I'm not starting the fan fic until i get five posts so tell your friends. Also if you think my ideas suck out loud, don't hold back. I appreciate constuctive critisism. ThankX a bunch!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mitmfan78650

[2]Nov 28, 2007

That's good! I created some on the other thread so, I'll post them here!

Van's Choice:

Van gets a call from his doctor, who tells him that he had his xray charts mixed up a while back. He tells him to come in for another xray, and it turns out he never had the narrowing of a spine and could probably play football again. He doesn't know what to do since he is now a succesful real estate agent, but he misses football. Everybody encourages him to go with his gut. He decides he wants to try football again, and joins a team. He quickly becomes their best player, but becomes very deppresed. He and Elizabeth have a talk about what he should do, she tells him to go back to real estate. He does and feels happier than ever, and realizes that the xray mistake was a blessing.

Does this Otfit Make Me Look Thin?:

OK, this one is for the season finale based on Scarlett Pomers dealing with anorexia. Cheyenne and Kyra were jokeing around about each others weight, but Kyra takes her comments too seriously. She makes excuse as to why she isn't eating dinner, saying that she had a big lunch at school, or went out to get something to eat. Cheyenne notices this pattern and starts to worry. Especially after she passes out after jogging. Cheyenne tells Reba, who comfronts Kyra. Kyra snaps at Reba and tells her to mind her own bussiness. Reba goes after her, and they talk, and Kyra realizes that she has a problem. The episode ends with Reba telling her that she'll get her help, and they hug.

Edited on 11/28/2007 4:44pm

Mags313

[3]Nov 29, 2007
    Hey guys listen i really want to write a post series fan fic, but i need to get enough readers so i know i'm not just writing for nothing. Spread the word.

NovaScotianDude

[4]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 16
    u have our support

Mags313

[5]Dec 4, 2007
    Thank You! I'm gonna need more readers though. Your support is very much appreciated all the same.

Mags313

[6]Dec 5, 2007
    OK I've given up on trying to get more readers, since people seem to be on posting hiatus currently, so how 'bout this? I'll post a little teaser(u know the thing that comes before the credits) If people post even the tiniest bit I'll write three more segmants to the episode. (I write in episode formcuz i like my audience to feel as if they're actually watching and episode.) KK? Good.

mitmfan78650

[7]Dec 5, 2007
    Great! I can't wait! BTW What did you think of mine?!

Mags313

[8]Dec 6, 2007
    I thought you ideas were great and very original! They were some of the best I've read on this thread.

Mags313

[9]Dec 6, 2007

Reba- The Way We Are- Teaser

Ok, here is the teaser for my first Reba episode. Some background information you'll need for this: Takes place three months after series finale, Brock and Barbara Jean's marriage isn't falling apart but it is tense again, Kyra is living at home, Cheyenne and Van are three months from where we left off and have not set their house on fire again, and even though Reba and Barbara Jean are "best friends" Reba still shoots those zingers at her.

I write in episode form because I like my audience to feel as if they're watching an episode. So without further a due here it is.

INT. REBA'S HOUSE- KITCHEN

(Reba is sitting at the table reading the paper, coffee in hand, she sees Barbara Jean at the door and reluctantly gets up to answer it.)

Reba- What do want Barbara Jean?

Barbara Jean- Can't a girl visit her best friend every once in while.

Reba- Barbara Jean you were here an hour ago for breakfast.

Barbara Jean- Well, after I backed out of your driveway, you need another mailbox by the way, (Reba shoots her a look) I decided to see if Brock was up yet, but when I went home he wasn't there. So, I called his cell.

Reba- I'm assuming this is the climax of the story.

Barbara Jean-(nods) Do you know where he is? At the golf course!

Reba-(sarcastically gasping) That is so unlike him!

Barbara Jean- No, Reba, you don't understand. You know how our marriage has been kind of tense lately, well he promised that today would be the day we spend some time together and now I'm at home all alone.

Reba- Barbara Jean, did you come over here because you were bored?

Barbara Jean-(With the trademark Barbara Jean 'no' face) No!

Reba- Barbara Jean, you can't come running to me every time you and Brock have a disagreement. You need to talk to each other face to face.

Barbara Jean- Face to face?

Reba- Face to face.

Barbara Jean- Reba, I can't look at Brock when I'm trying to make a point. It's like trying to say no to a littleorange puppy.

Reba- Oh, it is not!

Barbara Jean- You have obviously never been in a relationship with a man like Brock. (Gets up and leaves while Reba sits at the table rolling her eyes. As the door closes behind Barbara Jean Kyra walks in.)

Reba- I wonder how many times you would have to drop a baby in order for it to surpass Barbara Jean's lack of intelligence.

Kyra- Probably the same amount of times you have to tell Van to roll down the car window before he spits.

(The doorbell rings and Reba gets up to answer it. When she opens the door she sees that it is Jack Morgan. She is shocked.)

Jack- Hi, Reba.

Queue Theme Song

OK, please please please review. I want to know what all of ya'll thought, positive or negative. Depending on how many reviews I get I'll post three more segments of the episode (I think that's how many there are in a regular episode)

mitmfan78650

[10]Dec 7, 2007
    That....... was....... AWESOME! Please post more! You should be a sitcom writer (for real)!

Mags313

[11]Dec 7, 2007
    Thank you so so much! You have no idea how motivating it is to get reviews. I'll try to post the 2nd segment of the episode later this weekend. Thankx again!

NovaScotianDude

[12]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 16
    good job mags

mitmfan78650

[13]Dec 8, 2007
    Mags313 wrote:
    Thank you so so much! You have no idea how motivating it is to get reviews. I'll try to post the 2nd segment of the episode later this weekend. Thankx again!
    Can't wait!

Mags313

[14]Dec 9, 2007

Reba- The Way We Are- Segment 2

Reba-(Being shocked at who is standing in her doorway) Jack.

Jack- Can I come in?

Reba-(Stepping aside to let him in) What are you doing here?

Jack- I came to see you.

Reba-(Not convinced) Jack, why are you here?

Jack- Cheryl and I got divorced. It's over.

Reba-(Pleased but confused) Jack, I said I didn't want to be the reason your marriage ended.

Jack- Well, Reba, as much as I would like to convince you that you weren't, something tells me you wouldn't believe me.

Reba-(Pulling back a little on her next question) Am I the reason?

Jack-(Looking down, not saying anything)

Reba- I knew it! (She starts doing her nervous pace around her living room)

Jack- Reba, listen, Cheryl and I didn't love each other anymore. We weren't happy. In fact, the only time I felt completely relaxed within the two years we were separated was when I was with you. Now, please, I really want to start seeing you again.

Reba-(After calming down) I haven't heard from you in six months.

Jack-(Taking a packet of stapled papers out of his back pocket) I wanted to wait until I finalized everything with Cheryl, before I came to see you.

Reba-(Sitting down on the couch, staring at his divorce papers) Jack, this is a lot to take in right now. I mean, here you come just waltzing back in here tell me all this stuff about your divorce....I'm gonna need some time.

Jack- OK, (putting a hand on her shoulder) call me when you're ready. (He leaves and Reba walks back into the kitchen contemplating to herself what just happened.)

(In the kitchen, Kyra is standing at the island making a sandwich.)

Kyra- Mom, are you okay.

Reba-(Clearly distracted, but trying to cover up) I'm fine, what makes you think something's wrong?

Kyra- You just look kind of pale.

Reba-(Stressed and willing to do anything to get out of the spotlight) I just need some air, I'm fine. (She walks out of the kitchen, through the living room, and goes to sit on the swing on her front porch, thinking about what just went on.)

INT. BROCK AND BARBAR JEAN'S HOUSE- BEDROOM

(Barbara Jean is staring out her window with binoculars. Henry is on the floor, playing with his cars. Barbara Jean is gasping at what she saw recently.)

Barbara Jean- Henry, you are not going to believe this! (The toddler says nothing, obviously he is showing no interest in anything but his cars at this point. Brock walks through the door and leans his golf bag against the wall. Barbara Jean doesn't notice him.)

Brock- Barbara Jean! Are you watching the Smiths make love again?!

Barbara Jean- Brock, I told you it is very healthy for a couple to show each other affection, (pauses) even couple in their late nineties. Besides, I'm not looking at them. I'm watching Reba's house. (Brock looks at her confusedly disgusted)

Brock- You wanna elaborate?

Barbara Jean-Ummm, (thinking about whether or not she should tell Brock about Jack) I don't know if I should tell you.

Brock- Tell me what?

Barbara Jean- That Jack Morgan is back in town! (Quickly realizing what she just said) Ah!

Brock- Dr. Morgan is back in town?!

Barbara Jean- Yes.

Brock-(scurries to the window and takes binoculars from Barbara Jean) Barbara Jean, there isn't anyone at Reba's house.

Barbara Jean- Well, he just drove away.

Brock-(With a slight worry in his voice) You think they're getting back together?

Barbara Jean-(Offended) Brock, why is it you seem to show more enthusiasm to other people's relationship than your own?

Brock- Barbara Jean...

Barbara Jean-(cutting him off) Oh, go play golf. (She storms out.)

Brock-(Watching her walk away hanging his head in exhaustion. He looks back at Reba's house and pulls out his cell phone to call Van) Van, hey how you doing? ..... Yeah, listen, has Reba said anything to you lately about Jack Morgan? (Scene cuts back and forth from Van and Cheyenne's house to Brock's)

Van- Jack Morgan? Oh, the doctor, no. (Cheyenne comes up to his side)

Brock- Has Cheyenne heard anything?

Van- Nope.

Brock-(Giving up) OK, thanks anyway bud, see you later.

Van- No problem. (Van hangs up and sets the phone down.)

Cheyenne- What was that about, honey?

Van- Jack Morgan's back in town.

Cheyenne-(Excited) Jack's back! Oh, Van this is so great.

Van- Oh please, (pauses and pouts a little) he's not even that good looking.

Cheyenne-(sympathetically) Honey, (pauses while rubbing Van's back) Yes, he is.

INT. REBA'S HOUSE- LIVING ROOM

(Reba is laying down on the couch with one hand against a face cloth she has on her forehead and another resting on her torso. Cheyenne walks through the front door ((A/N: Keep in mind she is only three months pregnant and not showing yet)) and greets her mom. Reba without moving says 'hi' back.)

Cheyenne-(A little giddy) So, whatcha' doin?

Reba-(Sarcastically looking at her) Taking back Poland.

Cheyenne-(Now, being overcome by her giddiness and chuckling) Mom! You are so funny! Speaking of doctors...

Reba-(cutting her off) I wasn't speaking of doctors.

Cheyenne-(Tricky) Well, now that you mention it, (pause) you know who I was just thinking about today? Jack Morgan. (This catches Reba's attention and she shoots up from her position.)

Reba- What?

Cheyenne- Yeah, Van and I were talking about names for the baby, and Van said he liked the name John. But, I said that that was my grandfather's name, so Van said we could call him Jack. And then I thought, wait Mom dated a guy named Jack, so we can't name the kid Jack. And that's...

Reba-(Holding up her hand for Cheyenne to stop talking) Cheyenne, I have a headache.

Cheyenne-(Still giddy) Oh, well, is there anything I can do for you. I could pull out the phone Jack, or maybe get you some water, or a Jack (Reba shoots her a look before she can get the following word) Daniels?

Reba-(On to her) Cheyenne!

Cheyenne- What, you give up drinking or something?

Reba-(Calming down) You know Jack was here, don't you?

Cheyenne- Yeah, Dad called Van and told him. (Sitting down on the couch with her mom) How come you didn't say anything?

Reba- Because he just stopped by today. He wants us to start seeing each other again. I told him I'd think about it.

Cheyenne- Well, do you want to?

Reba- I don't know, he hurt me twice and I'm not sure I wanna take that risk again.

Cheyenne- Well, you better make up your mind. (Pausing) Jack is a really good guy mom.

Reba- I know. (sighing)Oh, this is so stressful.

Cheyenne- I know. Hey, you know what! You should come over tonight. Van and I are gonna have a movie night.

Reba- Movie night?

Cheyenne- Yeah, Dad and Barbara jean are coming over, it'll be fun.

Reba- Fun with your dad and Barbara Jean?

Cheyenne-(Pleading) Please Mom, you haven't been over in a while.

Reba- OK, what time?

Cheyenne- Seven o' clock on the sharp! (Cheyenne skips off and out the door as Kyra walks in)

Kyra- Did you just agree to go to a movie night at Cheyenne's house? (Reba nods) You know what that means, right?

Reba- Yep, burnt popcorn, lost movies, and Van pretending to work at the candy counter. (Kyra nods and smiles at the fact that she won't be joining them)

Kyra-(smugly) Have fun. (Cheyenne pops her head back in.)

Cheyenne- Oh yeah, mom, would you mind bringing the popcorn?

Reba- Sure.

Cheyenne-(Sees Kyra) Kyra! (Walks back into the house) I didn't know you were here.

Kyra-(mumbling) Just add it to the list of everything else that you know.

Cheyenne-(Excited.) ((A/N: Cheyenne is nicer to Kyra now, it's a side effect of her being pregnant. I won't exaggerate it I promise!)) You can come to the movie night too.

Kyra-(Sarcastically) Oh, don't worry I will make every attempt to be there.

Cheyenne-(Fooled) Great, see you both there. (She exits a second time)

Kyra- I say again, 'Have fun.'

Reba- Oh, you're going.

Kyra- What! Why? What did I do?

Reba- You didn't do anything. But, if I have to sit through three hours of burnt popcorn, candy counter impressions, and the constant reassurance of (imitating Cheyenne) 'Don't worry Mom, this time it'll play for sure,' then so does someone who I suffered 14 hours of labor for!

Kyra-(Making a face and leaving the room and passing Jake on her way out) I wouldn't go in there, Red's a little cranky. (Jake turns around and walks out)

INT. VIDEO STORE

Cheyenne- Van, we have to get a movie that everyone likes.

Van- Cheyenne, no one doesn't love (In a fake voiceover impression) The Yearling starring Jane Wyman.

Cheyenne- Van, I hate that movie!

Van-(Putting it back on the rack) Fine.

Cheyenne- Oh, what about What Women Want?

Van- (Disappointed at her suggestion) Cheyenne, that movie is an embarrassment to men everywhere!

Cheyenne-So, I talked to Mom after Dad called. Dr. Morgan wants to start seeing her again.

Van- Well, that's just too bad for him then, isn't it.

Cheyenne- Why? Don't you like him?

Van- Cheyenne, he's not that good looking!

Cheyenne- Van, are you just jealous?

Van- (Not convincing and something similar to that of a five year-old denying he ate the cookies) No.

Cheyenne- Okay, if you say so. Ooh! How about The Way We Were.

Van- Fine, I want to go pluck my eyebrows anyway. (Sulks about Dr. Morgan being good-looking as the two walk out.)

Read and Review Please! Also, I just checked a random Reba episode and there were only three 'real' segments. So, the final segment on the episode should be up later this week. I really want to see what you guys think of my segments. Feel free to critique.

Am I capturing the characters well enough? Please let me know.

Hope you liked it.

Mags313

[15]Dec 10, 2007
    I hope you guys are enjoying my fan fic, but i just wanted to clarify a few things. Although this does pick up approximately right after the last one ended (maybe a little after) It isn't a continued 6th season. This is a full-fledged, on its own, 7th season. K...K. REVIEW!

rosalyn100

[16]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 8
    im lovin it! post more of the episode its gettin so good i read ur recap of how reba and jack got together on the create your own episode thing i was a fan of thoese 2

Mags313

[17]Dec 10, 2007
    Thank you so so so much!!!! These reviews motivate my to write like you wouldn't believe!

mitmfan78650

[18]Dec 10, 2007
    Excellent like your last one! BTW, starting in season 5 ALL episodes had a short fourth segment (about as long as a cold open), just so you know!

Mags313

[19]Dec 10, 2007

Thank you,that's what i was planning.

rosalyn100

[20]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 8
    aww man i just got all excited becuz i seen mags posting one and im like "WOOT THEY POSTED MORE OF THE THING" but ya anyways ur awesome with the scripts!