ReBoot Forums

YTV (ended 2001)

Why does matrix stay in 'game sprite mode' outside of games?

daemosx

[1]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 1

So,

I went to watch reboot again (got bored) and something bothered me, when the young enzo came back, matrix goes out of his way to remain in game sprite mode outside games. But inside games, he goes to normal mode to reboot, then when the game is over, it's game sprite mode again.

Anyone have any reason to explain this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canada_Champ

[2]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 14
    I think it has to do with how he thinks of himself. When he lost that game, it was a huge turning point in his life. He forced himself to temporarily travel with the games. He could do it as a reminder to himself to never forget the horrors he's had to face because of losing the game.

Also, he could have done it so he wouldn't have to see (or be seen as) himself being a Guardian. He had the gold/black Guardian icon, and that icon represented something that he himself didn't view himself as. He thought of himself as a renegade, not as a trained official.

YamiNarutoBrief

[3]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 42
    Canada_Champ wrote:
    I think it has to do with how he thinks of himself. When he lost that game, it was a huge turning point in his life. He forced himself to temporarily travel with the games. He could do it as a reminder to himself to never forget the horrors he's had to face because of losing the game.

Also, he could have done it so he wouldn't have to see (or be seen as) himself being a Guardian. He had the gold/black Guardian icon, and that icon represented something that he himself didn't view himself as. He thought of himself as a renegade, not as a trained official.

hmm, good point. It would have reminded himself of how foolish he acted and how that foolishness took him and Andrea away from Mainframe. He thought that just b/c he wore the colors of a guardian, he was just like Bob who didnt need help in games.

KudoRan

[4]May 26, 2008
    • level: 3
    I'm currently re-watching season 3, so I haven't gotten there yet... but if I remember correctly, the first time it happened (when the system crashed and everything was reformatted), he forgot to change his icon, which is why his younger self came back in the first place

aside from that, I like your guys' explanations

Loralee_jk

[5]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 38
    I thought it was cux he'd gotten lost in the games and was now all grown up before he actually should be. So the computer didn't recognize him and created a new him. As for AndrAIa she's not suppose to be there anyways.. but frisket however?...Y r there not two of him

robdude123

[6]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 19
    Something I noticed when I saw "The Great Brain Robbery" today, was that Mouse was in game sprite mode, yet it wasn't introduced yet.

Agumon1405

[7]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 7
    It's because if they're in game sprite mode, they can't be detected by any guardians, like in that one episode just after the mortal kombat-like game, when they find Turbo, one of the guardians has a creature that was able to track them so they went in to game sprite mode and weren't able to be found...something like that anyway

VincentMagius

[8]Mar 8, 2011
    • level: 8
    I'll have to look for that now. I figured it was because they can't have two of the same PIDs. Same way you can't have two files with the same name in a folder.

Loralee_jk

[9]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 38
    he says he's SEXXY