Rebus

ITV (ended 2007)

TheOldBill

Rebus Fan Reviews (2)

• Rebus is an absolutely brilliant TV show although I think the medium of film would suit it better. On TV the programme follows the central plot due to time restrictions.

Rebus is an absolutely brilliant TV show although I think the medium of film would suit it better. On TV the programme follows the central plot due to time restrictions but on film it would be possible to show all of the interweaving background stories which would lead to a more open explanation of the plot and its intricacies and then the people and places involved in the story.
    Ian Rankin is a superb author who appears to have an edless flow of excellent stories. I have read everyone whether or not Rebus is involved, I have never been disappointed and am waiting with baited breath for the next book to appear.
  • Bring back John Hannah!

I've read almost all of Ian Rankin's books and absolutely love him! John Hannah may not be in his 50's for the TV series, but he sure looked like a well-worn, heavy drinking cop. Ken Stott didn't do the character justice. And to change the actress who played Siobhan was just stupid. If you've read any of the books you'd know that the actress who played her with John Hannah suited the position better. In Ian Rankin's books he's described her with short spikey dark hair, not a tall blonde. Is the BBC now Hollywood?
    Bring back John Hannah and maybe I'll watch