Recess

Swing on Thru to the Other Side

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Jan 17, 1998 on ABC

• The swinger girl goes "over the top". A midly amusing episode that's just a little strange.

I liked this episode no matter how strange it could be. As you probably know, there's one girl on the playground that is totally obsessed with swinging on the swingset. They call her, (no surprise) the "Swinger Girl".

When she "goes over the top", Ashley Spinelli is inspired to make a cult-like group that revolves around swinger girl going to the "other side". Spinelli starts acting extremely nice to everyone in the process too, and trust me, that's not normal for Spinelli.

All in all it's a great episode if you can look past the awkward plot. Like most other Recess episodes, I recommend watching it.
  • Cool.

Spinelli is inspired to form a cult based on the Swinger Girl then she thinks she's seen her swing over the top into another dimension. Note: Spinelli seems to act more loving to everyone, which is kinda creepy. Well, yeah, she did have inspiration to be horribly different, i guess...