We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Rectify Community
Monday 10:00 PM on Sundance Channel (Returning Fall, 2016)

God bless SundanceTV for recognizing the brilliance of Rectify, its first scripted series and the best show on television that you're probably STILL not watching. The network has renewed the beautiful and poignant character study for a third season just days before Season 2 is scheduled to conclude.

Created by Ray McKinnon (Deadwood, Sons of Anarchy), the complex character drama stars Aden Young as the quiet and reflective Daniel Holden, a man who spent nearly 20 years on death row on charges of raping and murdering his high school girlfriend. As the show begins, DNA evidence has proved Daniel's innocence, and he's released into a world that's much different than the one he knew when he was first incarcerated. The series goes on to explore Daniel's devastating reintroduction to a society that doesn't want him, while also demonstrating that a television show needn't be bloody or full of zombie serial killers to warrant our attention. 

Rectify is particularly skilled at examining humanity on a small, personal scale, especially with the help of an excellent supporting cast that features Abigail Spencer, J. Smith Cameron, Luke Kirby, Adelaide Clemens, Clayne Crawford, and Jake Austin Walker. If you're looking to catch up (and you should), the six-episode first season is currently available to stream on Netflix.

Rectify's Season 2 finale airs this Thursday, August 21 at 9pm on SundanceTV.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/13/2015

Season 3 : Episode 6

21 Comments
Comments (21)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Loved Season 1 - and planning to re-watch over this holiday weekend. I don't get Sundance TV, so I have to wait for the DVD release of Season 2 - Hopefully b4 the new Season begins.
Flag
Staff
I loved season 1. Really liked season 2. This show benefits from a shortened season. Great choice.
Flag
This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
And to those people who are surprised, you are wrong.
Flag
I do feel season two is not as focus as season one. I prefer season one. It was much more intense. I blame it on the length of the season. I almost wish season three will be shorter.
Flag
Best fricking news of the day - maybe even month!
Flag
I still think it's too slow to be really good. There was an episode this season where exactly this happened: Amantha told her mom that she got a job. Tawney told her husband that she's pregnant. Daniel went to a party. That's it. That's the entire episode.

But I must be getting used to it or something, because I've been enjoying this season a lot more than season 1. So the renewal is good news to me.
Flag
I don´t want to sound harsh, but this may not be the kind of show you like. A lot happened in the episode:
- Amanda´s job on it´s own it´s a whole side story of Rectify. Amanda considering taking the job. Then accepting her daily present, and being fine with it. A lot of thought and emotions and reality checks there.
- Tawney´s pregnancy story changes the whole relation and dynamic in between husband and wife there. For Ted it is a huge change. For Tawney? well, it´s different.
- The party that Daniel goes to introduces Daniel to a whole new world of people. He has to deal with many emotions about relating himself to the world. This is not his family, but a bunch of people very unlike the ones he relates himself everyday, and they don´t know who he is.
Flag
Outstanding news, this show has easily earned a 3rd season renewal but with the ratings on these obscure networks you can never be sure.
Flag
The slow pace does not make Rectify boring. That is the beauty of this show. On the contrary, it´s slow, but intense. I was very surprised by how good the first season was, and Daniel Holden was a one in a kind character. Excellent job from Aden Young. But in season 2 I felt the side characters, except Tawney, didm´t have much to offer. So I am not sure how a season 3 it´s going to work out. But I am happy for a new season and I very much looking forward to it !
Flag
I agree with you. Season one was really good and intense even though it is slow. I think season two has too many episodes and ended up some episodes are not as good. Despite this it is still one of the better shows on TV. I almost wish season three will revert to just 6-8 episodes.
Flag
I don´t know about the number of episodes, but I wish next season goes back to Daniel slow re-adjusting to the world and his impediments to do it and his time in prison. Other side stories are just not so important maybe. But could be ;)
Flag
Good news, though not really surprising. The show is amazing, in all aspects.
Flag
It is on my list of shows to watch. I downloaded the first season but I watch so much that it is hard to get started
Flag
Once you watch the first 15 minutes, you will be absorbed into Daniel Holden´s world. It´s not like anything you/ anyone have seen before. I dare to say this ;
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
While it's not as fast-paced as many of the shows you watch, likely, it's definitely worth it!
Flag
This news comes as no surprise to anyone who has ever watched the show. They really do need to give us more details on the night of the murder though, or if nothing else, more of the subsequent interrogation afterwards that pretty much scarred all those involved for life.
Flag
It is absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age, shows this fucking good still don't get recognition.

If there's anyone out there doubting that awards and recognition aren't part of an existing circlejerk, the existence of Recitfy alone is proof of it.
Flag
Most (if not all) popular awards shows suffer from the voters being too out of touch to pick the trend-setters but I've come to realise that the Emmys are unique in that the the voter aren't just out of touch, they're specifically unsuited to vote. The voters work in the industry. They're so busy creating television shows of their own they don't have enough time to keep abreast of other shows. They certainly don't seek out the shows getting the critical buzz on the lesser known networks, and since it comes down to a popularity contest these shows have no chance. It really couldn't be more broken than it is.
Flag
Well, the whole award world and the whole media world have decided that Breaking Bad must win everything that is there to win, and even when the show it´s long finished, everyone still speaking about it. Rectify needs more coverage in the media, but it´s not getting much. But some shows, regardless of how good they are, will only get seen by a smaller portent of people in the world. It happens to many excellent European shows, known only to Europeans, and completely unknown in USA (until a remakes gets done). Those shows are still good and respected, because not all TV shows/ series need to be accepted by a majority of USA viewers.
Flag
Shhhh! those that still buy into the circlejerk of awards & recognition aren't emotionally ready yet to accept reality. Some always wake up & most are like cats with shiny things...sometimes the best you can do is appreciate those that wake up & laugh along with 'em as the rest bounce off the walls because of that lazer poiner the industry generally flashes around just to 'eff with 'em

Just be proud you're not "one of them" & watch the show :P
Flag
Just fantastic news for this poignant,unique drama. For me, this was definitely one of the highlights of last year. I was worried that season 2 might not carry on in the same vein, so high was the bar set from season 1, but I needn't have worried. This season has been even better and if any one hasn't seen this yet, they're seriously missing out! Ray Mckinnon has crafted something truly special and unique, both in style and tone and Rectify continues to move me in ways that few tv series and movies can do. Both Aden Young and the rest of the cast are out of this world good, with a special mention to Adelaide Clemens who is just incredible.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members