A Red Band Society Community
FOX (ended 2015)

Terrence Howard stars in Empire; Octavia Spencer stars in Red Band Society.

Let the pickup madness begin! Just one day after officially ordering the Batman prequel Gotham to series, Fox has given series orders to hip-hop drama Empire and Steven Spielberg's Red Band Society, TV.com has confirmed.

Additionally, Fox has ordered 10 more episodes of John Mulaney comedy Mulaney, which was previously ordered straight to series for six episodes.

Empire is a family drama set amidst a hip-hop empire, which stars Terrence Howard as a charismatic music superstar who's about to take his company public. The Butler's Lee Daniels and Game Change's Danny Strong will write and executive-produce with Brian Grazer (24) and Francie Calfo (How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)).

Empire, which previously had a pilot order with an eye toward a series pickup, also stars Taraji P. Henson, Gabourey Sidibe, Jussie Smollett, Bryshere Y. Gray, Malik Yoba, Kaitlin Doubleday, Trai Byers, Tasha Smith, Macy Gray, and Grace Gealey. 

Red Band Society is a soapy dramedy about a group of teenagers who meet as patients in the children's wing of a hospital and become unlikely friends and allies. Spielberg will executive-produce with Margaret Nagle (Boardwalk Empire) and Under the Dome's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank.

Initially a series prototype, Red Band Society stars Dave Annable, Octavia Spencer, Griffin Gluck, Charlie Rowe, Brian Bradley, Rebecca Rittenhouse, Ciara Bravo, Nolan Sotillo, and Zoe Levin.

Empire and Red Band Society both appeared on Tim's list of 15 promising pilots for 2014, so that's two down, 13 to go! 

Will you watch Empire or Red Band Society?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 2/7/2015

Season 1 : Episode 13

26 Comments
Comments (26)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Empire actually sounds like something with a new concept....will give it a try. Will also watch Red Band Society an actually show about teenager without supernatural powers might be something different.
Flag
Willing to check both of these out!
Flag
Looking forward to Empire the lead actors are top notch just need the scripts to match
Flag
Buffy's Danny Strong...
Flag
How is it that everything Steven Spielberg has done on television has been terrible, except for cartoons?
Flag
Didn't he have a hand in United States of Tara? If so, it was pretty great.
Flag
He was producer for Band of Brothers and The Pacific, two decidedly not terrible TV shows. But I get your point, it's hard to measure up to Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain.
Flag
Yes they were, but Falling Skies, Lucky 7, Under the Dome, Smash, The River, Terra Nova and Seaquest have all been terrible. With that kind of track record, Steven Spielberg and television don't mix.
Flag
They don't mix? His multiple Emmy awards disagree. He's had just as many, if not more successes than failures. Some of his successes are counted among the best TV of all time (referring specifically to Band of Brothers). I really don't know what point you're trying to make.
Flag
You just keep being wrong. You're clearly very good at it.
Flag
First of all, awards don't translate into "good", if that were the case then Modern Family would be the best show of all time. Secondly, I don't know what shows you're talking about because "Band of Brothers" was maybe heralded as the best show 13 years ago, but film and television as changed and grown in the past decade. I'm not trying to knock him as a director but his foray into producing television has been a disaster. I don't consider trash like "The River" or "Under the Dome" to be a success.
Flag
Red Band Society I will most likely watch. Empire sounds incredibly dumb to me.
Flag
"...a soapy dramedy about a group of teenagers who meet as patients in the children's wing of a hospital and become unlikely friends and allies."

I agree, that does sound incredibly dumb... Oh wait, that's the synopsis for Red Band Society... Carry on.
Flag
I will watch Empire but not Red Band.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members