Red Dwarf

Demons & Angels

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 19, 1992 on BBC Two

• The crew triplicate the ship and meet sides of themselves they never would have met.

6.9
    This episode started out great! With the Strawberries setting up the story. The ship blows up and the episode really begins.

I think the time on the high ship was good. There are a few things I would have changed. Like they would not all be the same "heavenly" beings that they were. Their Low selves were different so their High selves should have been different to. Granted it was very funny. Lister's line which ties together all the passed seasons was wonderful! I loved that line the most.

When they enter the low ship it all falls apart for me. I think because the way they saw Low Rimmer was different from the Rimmer I saw. And Rimmer being my favorite character, it was hard to see that difference. I think that there is more to Rimmer then the sexual being he is. There is also the need to be an officer. And to me that is more about him then the sexual part. I think they were going for what they felt was funnier rather than what the character was really about. Which was sad, because it threw me out of the episode. I would have loved this episode if they would have just looked at the characters a little more in depth. Rimmer's was not the only one I would have changed. I would have also changed Lister. HIS should have been the dominatrix, not Rimmer!

All in all, it was an ok episode with too many faults for me to really like it!