Red Dwarf

Demons & Angels

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 19, 1992 on BBC Two

• 3 times the charm

Some real funny moments in this one. If nothing else, the evil version of the crew is enough of a reason to watch it. It starts of simple enough, with a clear concepts of replicating tiny things,such as food and is masterfully exploded to create two additional Red Dwarfs with 2 more crews. When we learn that each copy retains all the best and worst of the existing crew we know there is fun to be had.

The action never stops as neither does the comedy. There is a lull when the normal crew board the good ship Locations are the three Red Dwarfs that have been transformed to reflect their side of the unique trilogy of ships. Dialogue is slick and superior and really does contain alot of comedic content, which supplements the visual sketches.

So while you will laugh at the stupidity of the normal crew in the first act, you will laugh at the Goodie crew and then laugh at the pure cliche/parodic badness of the evil crew at during the final act.

Dont expect the meeting with the goodie crew to be the highlight of the show. Theyre really only there to provide a good setup for the fun at the end with the evil ones. While the Cats good version is hilarious, his evil alterego is just stupid. Lister's evil version has the most ridiculous laugh while Rimmers evil triplet really will scare you. Esp. in the scene we meet him. It still revolts me now!

Great episode - dont miss it!