Red Dwarf

Quarantine

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 12, 1992 on BBC Two

• After the crew visits an abandoned research lab, Rimmer places them in quarantine. Unknowingly, Rimmer has contracted a holovirus.

This is one of my favorite Red Dwarf episodes. There is not a lot of action, but there is plenty of comedy, the dialogue is witty, and the situation is incredibly quirky.

Rimmer's face as he explains the guidelines of quarantine to the rest of the crew is hilarious. I laugh at it every time. He is so smug. I love it.

I also love the scene with Kryten, the Cat, and Lister in quarantine. They bicker at each other, and Lister tries to make crocheted hats.

The scene with Lister testing out the luck virus is funny as well as interesting. The idea of things such as luck, charisma, and sexual magnetism being positive viruses is neat. I laugh everytime Kryten gets that dart stuck in the back of his head.

Dr. Langstrom is kind of a scary character. An insane hologram is a little freaky. I thought her dialogue was silly: "Twinkle, twinkle little eye. Now it's time for you to die." shivers.

This is a must see episode. This is Red Dwarf at its funniest.