Red Dwarf

Tikka To Ride

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 17, 1997 on BBC Two

• The crew interfere with one of America's most devistating tragedies! The Murder of JFK

This was a great episode. I think I liked it so much, because I GOT it, I am from America so that was something I learned about a lot when I was little! Though I was a little icked by how they felt things would have turned out if JFK was not murdered.

I loved the idea to have JFK kill himself. Though that brings up a mistake that I noticed. Just the beginning of this episode Lister explains the paradox of being killed but yet not being killed because of the future version of them would never have lived. So how could AU JFK kill himself and not have the same thing happen? I ask myself that question everytime I watch this episode.

Despite that it was a great episode and I love to watch it.
  • I guess it should be expected of this show to try its hand at conspiracy theories

This show clearly isn't afraid to take on any challenge and this episode shows this best of all. This is my favorite plotted episode of all I think. After all no series of mismatched travellers doing everything would be complete without getting involved with some major conspiracy theories, and they don't get bigger then the assassination of Kennedy, and thats just a Brit talking. It may be fantasy but you have to admire their own take on the theory of the grassy knoll and it is the only show in the history of TV who could get away with showing Kennedy being assasinated by a future version of itself. How very Red Dwarf. Whoever thought of this episode should be knighted.
  • The Red Dwarf crew take on one of the greatest conspiracies, the assassination of JFK!

This has got to be my all time favorite Red Dwarf episode! Lister is so desperate for some curry that they end up going back in time to order some, but come across some pretty crazy situations in the mean time. They cause Lee Harvey Oswald to fall out of the window of the Texas book depository, then they try numerous times to fix their mistakes, once they find out what the world \'could\' have been like, had JFK lived. And along the way they get some good eatin\'s(aka the dead guy) from Kryten, it\'s so funny seeing the look on their faces when they find out what it is! And they convince the future JFK to shoot his past self to save \'humanity\'. And in the end, after all this, they forget about the reason why they went to the past in the first place, CURRY! This is why this episode is a Red Dwarf classic.
  • Now we know who assassinated JFK

The Boyz from the Dwarf meet and kill JFK. Well, JFK kills himself and there are two shots from two Oswalds. This episode takes the best of Red Dwarf and puts them into a highly entertaining, multi-timelined plot-filled episode. Each act makes following the convoluted plot easy to follows as the following acts just build ontop of each other making a very absorbing plot arc!

What makes this episode exceptional is its setting - using the assassination of JFK as a platform to reduce us to tears and fits of laughter. Dialgoue is filled with the best type of RD gags.

Add to that a purpose filled ending and this episode should not be missed!