Red Eye

Weekdays 3:00 AM on FOX News Channel Premiered Feb 06, 2007 Between Seasons

jrgreenmd

Red Eye Fan Reviews (26)

7.6
  • Another show where I'd like the opportunity to have a 0 or minus score rating at my disposal. I'm afraid I have to base my opinion on a specific show, March 17, 2009.

I am not in any way opposed to comedians doing satirical news shows, (I love Jon Stewart) but their success depends largely on their ability to base their comments on facts; not mere easy-way-out-not-requiring-any-talent-or-comedic-timing gag lines that disrespect people and are intentionally hurtful.

This...um..."news item" directly coincided with the repatriation of the four latest Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan. Imagine the poor military families awaiting their return?
    Had anyone at FOX cared to look into it, they'd have known this and assuming the sophomoric "stars" of the show wouldn't get it, one HAS to assume some FOX executive might at least worry about some minor backlash from those "stupid" people to the "frigid north" who "might be able to beat Belgium".
    NOTE: Historical fact numbnuts: WWI? Vimy Ridge, Ypres (remember "Flanders Fields"? where and from whom did you think that poem originated?), The Sommes? That WAS Belgium and I do believe they are grateful to this day that we were there to help.

This is Gutfeld's "apology": "The March 17th episode of Red Eye included a segment discussing Canada's plan for a 'synchronized break,' which was in no way an attempt to make light of troop efforts," host Greg Gutfeld said in a [forced]{sic} statement issued Monday.

"However, I realize that my words may have been misunderstood. It was not my intent to disrespect the brave men, women and families of the Canadian military, and for that I apologize.

"Red Eye is a satirical take on the news, in which all topics are addressed in a lighthearted, humorous and ridiculous manner," he added."

#1: Your words weren't misunderstood. We got the message clearly.
    #2: Jon Stewart for example...you know...the man you wanna be?...is a success at satirical humour, including that directed at us in Canada by the way, specifically BECAUSE he knows his facts first, and secondly because he is not a bully about it.
    #3: Fortunately for you Mr. Gutfeld, we stupid frozen people with no army tend NOT to judge everyone in a group by those with no talent, no humour and most regrettably, no smarts.

Go to commercial please...