ReGenesis Forums

The Movie Network (ended 2008)

The series finale

tyciol

[1]May 28, 2008
    • level: 2

I won't put any spoiers in for whoever hasn't seen it... I know this was 'episode 13' though I can't remember if it was the 4th or 5th season. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed, I don't think the series did everything it could have. It's one of my favourite series of all time, but it's like there was so much more they could have talked, and basically could have dragged it out, done more with the characters, developed them, wrapped things up, and not left us hanging.

Was it cancelled or something? The series started off on such a really cool note with the extended reality game, and it was totally coming up with all sorts of great stories. Was there a lack of funding, or a lack of interest? Could the Ontario Genomics Institute no longer afford to contribute to it? I just don't really understand why it ended, it seems like a cancel or something, because I got the sense they wanted to do more and then had to write everything off with some omenous warning, which is hardly where I think someone who is hopeful about the future of science would want to.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

topoopon

[2]May 28, 2008
    • level: 19
    I was sad to see Caroline snubbed in the final montage. She was one of the best characters and spent more time on screen than Jill or Rachel.

Also, it was interesting to get a "sneak peek" of the "future" even if it was all in David's head.

dreambite

[3]May 29, 2008
    • level: 12
    It felt like it was wrapping things up and giving it an ending in case it doesn't get renewed but leaving it open for if it is renewed. I still liked this season but felt like they could have done more, but oh well lets hope they do come back so they can give us more next season.

boupas

[4]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 11

At my knowledge, Regenesis is not finish. On this site it's not mark as "Ended". And we can easy see that's it's the 4th season...

The season final of the 4th season is great for me. It's a "bad dream" of what could be the future in the head of David, explaining why he's so against the clone of Bob and Nina... Like at the end of season 1 (or 2) were he was in a near death experiance and wake up with the "solution"... This men is always thinking and asking i'm self question (science question...).

So it's a great ending, and I hope that it will be officialy a returning serie. But if not, it's still a great way to end this serie.

kraylith

[5]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 10

I don't think it was a dream (although that is definitely a possibility), but a "real" glimpse into the future. They merely went back to show us David at the end to end the episode, it was a good way to end the episode imo.

I'm sorta dissappointed by the finale as well, also by the final season, but it could have been much worse ("could have been worse" is not a good standard to judge a series by.... -.-). ReGenesis was awesome in S1-3, S4, the Jacobson organ storyline was getting a little too much over the top towards the end. ReGenesis was always a bit over the top, what series isn't...., but the whole cloning thing, Riddlemeyer being so obviously the bad guy but no-one doing anything about it etc. was a bit over the ReGenesis "norm" and it didn't feel as good as S1 or 2.

I'm sad that the series ended, it was one of my all-time favorites, but we can't to anything about it unfortunately....

LouisaV

[6]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 12
    Is there any official info anywhere as to if it's been terminated or not? I discoevered ReGenesis not long ago and just plowed through the 4 seasons only to get a serious feeling of dread after watching S04E13. it really did feel like a series finale. However I haven't found any official info. has anyone else?

topoopon

[7]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 19

I have linked this to an article on the Canadian TV Guide website. It's an interview with Peter Outerbridge, better known as Dr. David Sandstrom. Enjoy. And farewell ReGenesis.

BTW, says he's going to be in Fringe. I guess I have a new show to watch. JJ Abrams and Peter Outerbridge...Awesome!

Edited on 06/03/2008 5:23pm

parker_kincaid

[8]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 11

I just can't believe they actually decided to do it this way. It seems like they wrote 12 episodes with a nice arc going and then made the final episode a complete joke. I found the finale to be and insult to the fans.

CaptainSplarg

[9]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 4

Did I miss something when I was out of the room for a little bit, or did we not find out what happened to Carlos?

He's in jail in Moldova, then bam... nothing about him in the finale....

Did I just miss it, or is it going to be forever unknown?

thanks!

harrisonm7

[10]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 1
    Carlos appeared in the finale, he's in one of the 2010 flashbacks, where he returns to work after 2 years away, presumably in jail in Moldova all that time.