Regular Show

Dead at Eight

Aired Monday 7:30 PM May 28, 2012 on Cartoon Network

• Death makes a deal with Mordecai and Rigby which is that they babysit his kid if they want to save MuscleMan's life

Death will spare Muscle Man's life if Mordecai and Rigby babysit his kid. I thought that this was a terrific episode of "Regular Show". I'm not saying it's the KING of all Season 3 because there are slightly better episodes than this one but all-in-all I just loved this episode. I really have no real gripes or complains about this episode so I really don't have a reason to lower down the score. I loved the storyline, I thought it was funny, and it just was awesome. MuscleMan sliding down on his unfinished water slide and getting hurt by falling on tree branches plus falling on a car was plain hilarious... it cracked me up. MuscleMan telling Mordecai and Rigby that they don't know how to take care of a baby and then Rigby says "Well, I guess it's a good thing that my life isn't at stake" and then MuscleMan says to Rigby "You shut your face, you're lucky I'm stuck inside this ball" and more humor into the episode as well. Also, it was good to see Death again because I enjoy his appearance and he is probably the best antagonist on this show and the voice actor Julian Holloway (I believe that's the name at least, excuse me if I get the name wrong) really does a thoroughly magnificent job voicing Death because it does fit perfectly with the character. Death's wife was kinda creepy herself but probably not as much as Death's kid though. Death's kid was pretty weird and when I was watching this episode, for some reason I felt like I was watching a Tim Burton movie... kinda weird how I felt like that but I guess it's because of the setting, tone, and all that good stuff. That giant worm that came out of the creepy book that Mordecai and Rigby were reading to Death's kid was very freaky but it was plain awesome when Mordecai and Rigby were running way from the giant worm and Rigby made a clever plan to get the giant worm back inside the book. Death sparing MuscleMan's life and taking him out of that soul ball was cool and MuscleMan losing his shirt because he grew back to his normal size was funny too. Just a terrific episode. Not The KING of Season 3 but it is one of the best episodes of Season 3. Overall, a perfect episode of "Regular Show". 10/10
TOON