Regular Show

Monday 7:30 PM on Cartoon Network Premiered Sep 06, 2010 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

Regular Show Fan Reviews (222)

7.9
  • I Like It, But Uh Watching Recent Episodes, Please Understand What I Am Saying

I am a fan of the show, last episode I watched was last years season premiere and I don't know if its just me but, the plots are all getting very similar too much to the point were the shows gotten a bit repetitive. It insist on handing you the same plots in a lot of recent episodes, but not much in the first 3 or 4 seasons. It's an OK show now, its classic pop culture-istic adventures and characters are fun to look at and just others aren't (the true love stuff, eh ok uh naw). Its just a show that hasn't aged well now, its an OK show now but its pretty weak quality wise now. Hope it ends on a good note.
  • WAY BETTER THAT TTG!

They should air this show way more than TTG!
  • Best show ever!!!!

Regular Show is awesome!!! It is funny, the characters are good, the art is also good, there's nothing wrong about this show! It is awesome! I love Regular Show!!! AND IT'S NOT A RIP-OFF OF ADVENTURE TIME, ARE YOU STUPID?! AT is awesome too, but RS is even more awesome! Stay away from crap like Breadwinners, Uncle Grandpa, Harvey Beaks, MLP FIM, TMNT, Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, and watch this!!! I LOVE REGULAR SHOW!!!!!
  • Love it

Superb show
  • This is better,sometimes great

Some episodes are not good,but some they are!

Another CN show,but with good design,and yeah,story.

Edit - Changin' rating for new episodes
  • Loved the show when it first came out.

The show was literally the internet personified in a cartoon... although now it's kind of boring.
  • Relatable Show!

First to put my bias in perspective, Regular is my go-to show.

The storyline that is created with all of the odd, humorous adventures is able to capture my imagination.

That quite possibly could be because I find this show SO relatable. It is very easy to get lost when watching it ( in a good way ) because, sometimes, you almost feel that in tune with the show... as if a part of it.

• A Great Show

Edit:

I got to give credit where credit is due. Although I think Regular Show was at it's best from seasons 1-3, the show is still pretty good and interesting. I think season 4 was the worst season, and that Thomas and CJ added a lot of fillers, but other then that the show has been pretty good. Regular Show was and still is a pretty good show. I also still enjoy the adult humor in the show.

• Intense, but awesome

Originally, this show was supposed to be on Adult Swim, but they declined it and Cartoon Network picked it up. Some of the episodes have some inappropriate and violent scenes. But I still think it's good. Actually, the first four or five seasons were a lot more better than the other seasons. Still love the show though.
  • Regular Show - More Like Irregular Show!

Regular Show is probably the best cartoon I've ever come across in my life! It's really funny and will keep me entertained for hours on end! I would really recommend it to anyone (except for the fact that my parents don't want anything to do with it!) I would rate it a million if I could!
  • Fantastic show with excellent plots, characters, and background!

This show manages to do nothing wrong and keeps my attention every single second. The plots are well structured with plot twists that are completely unpredictable and hilarious. The characters are patted out very well, they manage to tell a story that's very solid. There's... nothing much to say! This show is absolutely fantastic. Amazing.

Overall: 9.9/10
  • Not really a fan

I find this show to be boring most of the time.
  • Cool then, boring now.

Regular Show started out as a good show; with likeable characters, clever humor and we'll written plots. Along side Adventure Time, it was one of Cartoon Networks best shows. Now the show is the one thing it was never supposed to be: boring. This show is boring now and that's beyond sad because the whole concept of the show was to be exciting, over the top, fun for kids and adults. Now it's just stale and not surprising anymore; this show has become so bland that not even that characters can save it. Mordecai and Rigby were my favorite characters on the show; park employees who mess things up but make everything right together. Now Mordecai and Rigby might as well be background characters because they're not in the spotlight as often. Benson was more like me; hot tempered but still expects the best from his employees; now he act more like a jerk. Forcing Mordecai and Rigby to run a lap after they ate a 4 foot long sandwich that made them sick? What? That's not what Benson would do; characters aside the show's writing has gotten really stale. The love triangle between Mordecai, Margaret and CJ is still going on, Benson broke up with Audrey for a reason that's never explained and Thomas turned out to be a Russian spy. I am not making that up, instead of making Thomas a more engaging character in the show, they made him a spy. What the fuck?! Where did that come from? Why make Thomas a spy? That was never established, never hinted at, not once was it implied that he was a spy. Then there are episode that revisit old characters from previous seasons and it doesn't work because we haven't seen these characters since their first appearance. If it was from last season, I'd understand; but from 4-5 seasons ago? What? You can't do that because that literally proves your running out of ideas. If you ask me, I think this show had its fun and need to end on a high note. Just make one more season and end the show there because it's clearly not getting better.
  • One of my favorite shows

An amazing show where it starts out as a normal day but something surprising happens. I love all the action in this show. 10/10
  • SO AWESOME

Such a funny, good show. Deserves a much better rating.
  • So-so

Update: Sad to say, the show has been... ehhh-- going downhill a bit. Mostly because due to, as I said in my old review, Mordecai's girl troubles and love drama. I kinda want to see more than that.

Old Review: Don't get me wrong, I like this show but at the same time it kinda gets boring fast. Like Mordecai with his girl troubles, muscle man (he's my less favorite character, very annoying to me) jokes, or even the random people popping up during dangerous situations.

Though some of the good points about this show are the designs for the characters and the music. But yeah, overall it's just a so-so show to me.
  • Going Down

When I first came to the Regular Show was the first show that made me say: Holy ***, whoever created this show must be either a crazy lucky dude or one of the most intelligent people in the media business. This was before the third season. It seems that the creators are running out of ideas and try to do the same thing over and over and make it seem funny. If the first seasons weren't awesome, this would be a negative review. My personal advice to the writers: Grow up and let the show grow as well. Season 4 did a bit of this, but you can do better.

Season Grades:

Season 1: 9/10

Season 2: 9/10

Season 3: 5.5/10

Season 4: 8/10

Season 5: 6/10

Season 6: 3/10

Over All: Don't let it go down and it'll be awesome

Music: Acceptable: 6/10

2014 Update: WHAT DID I JUST SAY? It's so unpredictable it's predictable. There is so much drama in Mordecai-related episodes that it's beyond boring! You know a show is bad when you end up rooting for a character like Rigby. However, it has its moments. It is still watchable. For now.

2015 Update: Spoiler alert! But not really. We again have a heartbroken Mortdecai. To make matters worse, the horrendous anime parody was grotesque and well overdone. And we have Muscle Man's wedding... which focused on Mortdecai. The show is still watchable, but it feels like a chore to watch. Hopefully next season will be better, but that's because it can't possibly get any worse!
  • Regular show's episodes have become generic and formulaic

Summary:

- Mordecai and Rigby working

- Benson threatens to fire them

- One of them slacks off

- Random scene or character appears

- Mordecai and rigby (Sometimes other characters) get into trouble because the duo was slacking off

- Trouble escalates into a massive scale problem and reveals an antagonist

- Climax includes: Fist fighting, explosions, and sometimes the destruction of the park. (This is ALMOST the same exact climax for every episode)

- Ends with a corny joke or reference

Review:

Regular show, on occasion, can have great comedy and humor; However the episodes follow the same guidelines or formula. The characters are shallow and have no depth at all! They don't share emotion or back story (Except mordecai, skips, and pops). In addition, the show was great for the first couple of seasons but now... it's just too generic and predictable to watch. Finally, I hope they can find a way to make the show more better and diverse within episodes.

Final thought: The show is overrated and this slightly proves that the majority of people have problems with pattern solving. (<--- Guarantee this, show someone 6 episodes past seasons 2 and I bet they will say something like "Omg so funny!" when the same material was used over and over again. I still cannot understand how people can't see that ALMOST EVERY EPISODE IS THE EXACT SAME! One of the frustrating things you see in pop cultures)

Reason for being overrated? :

- Pattern solving deficiency in majority of people?

- Target audience is younger than expected?

- Peer pressure to like the show?

- Maybe people like simplistic shows and easy to understand characters?
  • Overrated to the max!!

I apologize in advance to the fans of this show, but everyone has an opinion on something, and my opinion on Regular Show is that it SUCKS! Horribly! I watched some of this show, I thought I'd give it a chance and I originally gave it a mediocre score. But now that I've watched more of it, I realize just how shitty this cartoon is.

Regular Show doesn't offer much of anything entertaining. Most of the characters aren't likable, especially Rigby, the plots are pretty random and non-sensical, and it doesn't have a very good art style. Mordecai and Rigby, I'm sad to say, are the main characters. From what I've seen, they do whatever they can to skip out on doing work. Rigby in particular is pretty unlikable, due to how lazy and selfish he is most of the time. The other characters don't help the show for me either. Benson is loud, Pops sort of creeps me out, and Muscle Man is just unbearable.

The plots for the show are strange. They always seem to end up with some of the characters going into some crazy other world or a different dimension, usually due to Mordecai and Rigby doing something stupid. It's just too freakin' weird for me. The humor can be good sometimes, but mostly, it's pretty obnoxious, particularly whenever Muscle Man ends a question with "My Mom! Wooooo!" Also, there are a lot of innuendos in Regular Show. Isn't it great that Cartoon Network is showing kids a show with a raccoon joking about 'pulling hammies'? NO! It's not great CN! What are you thinking nowadays?!

I will admit that Regular Show has got some really cool music, Skips is a pretty cool character, and Mordecai has his moments. But apart from those things, I do not like this cartoon at all. It's highly overrated, and I don't get why this show is so freakin' popular. Ugh! I'm gonna get so much heat for this review. Oh well.
  • Pretty Cool Show

Funny, unique design, I like it.
  • Groundbreaking

You see, what I like about this show is that there is a lo of problems we regularly identify with, girl problems, friends with a mind like Rigby's and y'know, but what what makes me love the show is that the characters remain priceless when there is a problematic, also, they take things or problems to the next, hardcore level, which makes it a good surrealistic and action-packed show, without losing too much its balance and its groundbreaking emotional tension. You always feel something that a character goes through. When I saw one of the episodes, like "Bad Kiss" and "More Smarter" I couldn't sleep, because the show is just two steps ahead of my trai f thought and exploits all emotions young people like me experience as hardcore as hardcore can be.
  • Used to hate it

But it's pretty cool now. Decent show. UNLIKE THE LOONEY TUNES SHOW.
  • Extraordinary stuff for a Regular Show

When I was 13, my younger aunt showed me this show on and I thought it was going to be boring just because it was called "Regular I was so wrong. I saw a few episodes and after seeing "Rigby's Body," I became obsessed with the show. I was obsessed with the show throughout 8th grade, but when I entered my freshman year in high school, my obsession wore off and I haven't seen the show in quite a while. I still think that it is good and it is a show that I recommend. Also, I may do some catching up on the show.

Now what keeps me from giving this show a 10, is due to Benson. It is funny, yet understandable when he gets angry, but he can be a bit too harsh. Mordecai and Rigby are also hard to root for sometimes because they always cause trouble and slack off. I still think that they are cool. I can relate to Mordecai because I have a sense of responsibility and fun at the same time. I also think that Muscle Man is funny too, especially when he tells jokes about his mom. Pops is also like SpongeBob because he is childish yet good natured.

Overall this show gets a 9/10.
  • Awesome Job

Another cartoon that really needs to get 5 stars. I am pretty impressed with the plot, the animation, and mostly the twist of the story. It's supernatural and dark telling, which is that I like, and I love the characters. So I'm rating this five stars! :)
  • best show ever

good character designs i love mordecai and rigby one of the best shows ive seen in a while
  • Good not Great

Yeah its overrated. However its not terrible. Most of the characters are good however muscleman is one of the turn offs. He's a jackass jerk face asshole. I hate him almost as much as I hate modern Timmy Turner. The humor is great. The story is very formulaic and incredibility repetitive. The surrealism is great so overall its good but not great.
  • Regular show does not mean a regular review!

This is my all time favorite cartoon show ever. It's funny and I love the characters though I don't know why they took out the rude jokes. Here are the season ratings (out of how many episodes there are)...

Season 1: 12/12, every episode was at it's best and funniest, especially caffeinated concert tickets

Season 2: 24/28, the most epic episodes in this season were appreciation day, jinx, grave sights and over the top, and every other episode was great except for Benson be gone, muscle woman, see you there and first day

Season 3: 3/39, not the best season, only Terror tales of the park, eggscellent and fists of justice were the good episodes

Season 4: 30/37, I can't name every bad episode but I can say that season 4 picked up where season 3 failed

Season 5: 28/37, Somewhere in between seasons 3 and 4

Even with some bad episodes this show is still the best on cartoon network, but JG Quintel, take my advice and stop making romantic episodes
  • This show is so nice,I wish I could give this a higher rating!

Enough said,I love this show. However,in a few episodes, Pops acts like he has total control of Benson,and season 5 doesn't have enough episodes.
  • Hated this at first...

But now, I like it so much. It actually deserves an 11/10.
  • A great, then not so good show starting to make a come back.

The Regular Show features two adults, Mordecai and Rigby, as they work at their not-so-boring jobs in the park. This show is like many of the newer Chartoon Network shows as it seems to be made for teens rather than kids. Parents, I would advise watching a few episodes before letting your younger children watch it. In season one, I very much enjoyed this show as it had a fresh and modern feel with a somewhat original plot. After a while, the show began to get old and quite a bit annoying. Mordecai, Skips, and Pops are probably the only characters that I enjoy on the show anymore. The plots began to all roll together where Mordecai and Rigby would "slack off" at work, Benson would threaten to fire them, then they would get into some major trouble that ALWAYS ended up in fist fights, explosions, and destroying the park. The two, as well, are quite a bit annoying as they, and everyone else in the show really, represent today's pop culture in an at first amusing, but now quite obnoxious way. For example, they walk around making admittedly clever raps which turn into annoying chants where after they would always go "WOOOAAAH!!' together in sync. As I said, at first this was somewhat amusing. My siblings and I still quote their ringtone song. Rigby is probably my least favorite character in the show as he is a complete narcissistic jerk; particularly to Mordecai who is supposed to be his best friend. In one episode, Rigby is supposed to clean up the mess he made in their room but refuses and buys "Wall Buddy" to separate the rooms and put the mess in Mordecai's half so he would have to clean it instead of Rigby. If I were Mordecai, I would have been quite ticked as well, however Rigby turns the whole situation on Mordecai saying it was his fault for flaking and not taking responsibility for a mess he didn't create. Rigby is not in any means a good friend and is always at the center when either of the two get into trouble. Mordecai is the more responsible of the two but is always dragged into dangerous situations because of Rigby. Now, as I previously mentioned, the show is starting to make a come back as they have clearly taken out many of the played out elements such as the constant fist fighting. However, how well it will do remains to be seen. I can say I may watch it if it happens to be on but I will most likely not turn to it.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8