A Reign Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW
May the odds be ever in our favor. And by our odds I mean Mash fans!

As I was scrolling through Tumblr I stumbled upon this link for episode 12 promo released in Canada.

Here is it folks!!

Needless to say from the first 3 seconds i clenched onto my heart and have failed to let go ever since!

I have so many questions!!!!! but before I begin the dizzying thoughts, i found this synopsis on wikipedia for episode 13 which didnt help things either, it reads as follows,

A royal wedding occurs but who does Mary choose? With a forced marriage looming, Mary must consider both her heart and her nation when deciding whom she will wed - Francis or Bash - when Francis returns to court with Lola at his side. Further complicating matters is Mary's mother, Marie de Guise, who visits the castle with her own agenda for Mary. Marie's presence worries King Henry and Queen Catherine, who have their own plan for the future of France, regardless of who gets hurt in the process.

WHAT THE .... WHY.. I can't. I'm at a loss for words.

So as if the trailer wasn't enough to raise a bajillion questions, this paragraph has me spiralling at the endless possibilities for what will come about.

Here is a list of my predictions and I'm very happy to hear yours but no slut shaming or crude comments, lets think logically

Beginning with the trailer:

1. Mary and Bash have grown close enough now after the Catherine attack that they are speaking "we" and "finally" annnnd "MARRIED" (heart. Wont. Beat. Gahhh)
  2. The more attempts made on Mary's life or Bash's, they only grow closer and stronger. Thats just a fact at this point.
  3. Someone's going to die.... Can't guess who because this show has a way with curve balls

I know there are many more but I'm way too excited and can't think!!

The synopsis:

1. There will be some Mama drama!!! Mary's mama, francis' mama, errbodys mama
  2. They will make it seem as if theres a glimmer of hope for francis and Mary but since they say she must choose that Mary must choose between bash and francis, it proves bash does get legitimized. Or else he wouldn't be an option.
  3. She will go with her heart just to stick it to everyone that she's more than a queen but someone in love. LONG MAY BASH AND MARY REIGN. that escalated quickly but in all honesty why would the show throw in the whole bash marrying Mary if it was going to go up in flames in a matter of 3 episodes.

Who knows... 10 more days guys!
Comments (48)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Hey everyone!! I love love love love love love loooove this video! I just had one quick question. What episode has Mary and Francis love scene where he is shirtless like it shows in the video above? I don't remember seeing this??!
Flag
The Canadian promo gives more away. Here it is!!!
Flag
TEAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRS
Flag
Awww! Don't Cry. I'm not. Have hope! The actor playing Bash apparently tweeted that Bash "is this for the long game" or something like that. So just be cool and hope that Mary and Bash consummate their love before all this prophecy changing craziness begins :) *fingers crossed*
Flag
HE BETTER BE!! I swear i remember myself with gossip girl. The episode chick and blair hook up in the limo made me start the series and the same is true of reign. Mary and bash are the only reason i watch and i think someone had said the writers have set their relationship up from the very pilot!i know things will falter but their relationship wont stray this easily or else they'll lose a lotttt of fans!
Flag
I found this extended promo for 1x13. Watch if you want. Just saying personally while I'm spoiler hungry and indulgent for Consummation spoilers I don't want to know anything else. Nothing for further future episodes or history episodes. LOL please respect this re: me :) Here's the video.
Flag
Yeah I want her to Marry Bash, but I don't know if the writers will go that off kilter since Mary queen of scots really married Francis II of france. What I do find hilarious however, is that in real life when she married Francis he was 14, and it had never been proven that their marriage had been consummated because there was a question of whether or not his balls had dropped haha.
Flag
MASHH!!! Come on we have to be reasonable Bash just asked her to marry her and she said yes (she even had asked him first). One day of Francis back and she marries him instead AFTER he slept with one of her close friends i don't think so. It does seem though that with her mom back she might end up not even getting married. Either way you can ALREADY tell by past events that this is most definitely not following history because the REAL Mary of Scotts tried to kill her cousin Queen Elizabeth for the throne and was caught AND beheaded. We also can all agree Bash is wayyy HOTTER than Francis
Flag
Well actually Mary married Francis, he died, she married her cousin had a son and then her second husband was murdered. She asked her cousin Elizabeth to help her who instead locked her in a tower for 18 years before executing her at age 44. We are way too early in the show to know for sure.
Flag
THANK YOU!
The episode last night certainly sealed the deal on my notions of mary loving bash because its her CHOICE. She hadnt been forced. Bash has always proven to be her slice of freedom. He doesnt bullshit her like the rest of the castle. I honestly loved every part of the episode especially how they legit fought and made up like NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS!!!

Ive read a lot on peoples reactions. From francis being "soooo hurt that he HAD to sleep with lola" to slut shaming lola as a horrible friend to everyone in love with mash hyperventilating to the point of unconsciousness. Which i still suffer from. But in the midst of all that my favourite part was how happy Mary was. Genuinely. Whoever says its "out of sight out of mind" and once francis comes back itll all change i call bullshit on that because if it was TRUE LOVE he wudnt be so quick to sleep with lola and my guess is olivia again since shes coming back too. Francis is going to go dark which i don't mind but true love is certainly out the question for frary fans. Marry proposed to bash. Your arguments are officially invalid
More +
Flag
I don't think that they are going to follow history with this show. Even though the show is based on history, it doesn't mean that they can't change it up. To be honest, I don't really have a clue what will happen with the whole Mary/Bash/Francis storyline, but I really hope that Bash and Mary end up together. I feel that they have much better chemistry than Mary and Francis. I still do like Francis, so I hope he sticks around, but with a different storyline.

It's going to be interesting to see what trouble Mary's mum will stir up. Something tells me that she will not be on Mary's side with the whole Mary/Bash union.
Flag
Yeah I am hoping they don't follow history I rather them play with their imaginations and go the what if routine. Because we all know what happened in history, that's boring we know what happened and what will happen. I like watching a show that is hard to predict. Not one where I already know the outcome.
Flag
Disclaimer: This comment is definitely irrelevant and just full of Bash-loving!!!

Notice that every episode of Reign, Torrance Coombs' name appears first before Toby Regbo. Just an observation to every TV show that I've watch, usually, names of actor's are shown according to their importance or rather 'rank' in the show.

Why did I implicitly shared this observation? This is for the reason that I think from the very start, the producers wanted to have this show to be a Bash/Mary one. (A lot like gossip girl's Chuck/Blair) I know that a lot of Frary fans are thinking atm "Shut up! Read history! Mary will reign with Francis at her side!" THAT indeed is my POINT!

Predictions:

Mary will be wed to Francis, but Bash will be there to disturb this royal couple! As I said like Blair/Chuck, love is there between the two, but admitting this (maybe for Mary) would take a long process, a process that includes a spontaneous tug-of-war in the Triangle (Francis-Mary-Bash).

Mary, will indulge in infidelity, causing more drama in the palace. Eventually, Frary will just dissipate, making Francis to find comfort in Lola's arms.

History would tell you, or rather gossipy Historians, that Francis/Mary did love each other, producing heir to their throne.But in the long run, this love would be lost, causing affairs to both sides. That is why when Francis passed away, without a heart beat Mary remarried another man, and another.

More+
Flag
That is why when Francis passed away, without a heart beat Mary remarried another man, and another.

Not that Reign is following history, but since you brought it up. History tells us that when Francis died Mary was distraught. She even wrote poems about her lost love and she did not marry again for about four years. And 27 years later, when she was executed, she requested to be buried in France with Francis. A request that Elizabeth denied.
Flag
Thank you for pointing that out, but as I've said in my comment this was more of an inside story, a mere fallacy from 'gossipy' historians.
Flag
BRAVOO! I loveeeed this! And I'll share will you what i shared with another Reign Community member, this clip of torrence coombs clarifying why he isnt going anywhere http://youtu.be/u_ZzB7PmTow OH YEAAHHHH YOU TELL EM
Flag
There's definitely a wedding coming up this season and as my previous comments would tell, I still strongly believe that it's a Diane-Henry wedding. It's too early for a Mary-Bash/Francis nuptial, just think about it, this would cause the show to just focus on Henry's claim to England. Several new characters popping up is definitely anticipated. Truth be told, anything that would make the plot more hyped-up is HIGHLY ANTICIPATED!

(begging and waiting for more Mash/Frary mix-ups please, haha)

Flag
I'm just happy that Francis is being thrown back in the mix. Will definitely make things interesting between Mary and Bash once he returns.
Flag
Also I think that mask Clarissa is wearing is more creepy than the bag.
Flag
Further history: Lola is based on one of the four Marys who accompanied the Queen of Scots to France. One of them ended marrying a high advisor to the King. Could there be a quadrangle between Mary-Francis-Bash-Lola that will end up being faithful to history?
Flag
I hate to throw history into the mix...but in reality Mary married Francis. And I think the producers are planning to follow history, at least eventually. Also I read that the wedding will take place in the season finale.
Flag
I guess Mary is going to marry but not consummate the marriage. It basically means the marriage is not valid (until the comsummation - thus the episode title). Sex after marriage was extremely important those days... This situation would create so much drama but at the same time not give a finite "NO" to either side. Long live the triangle!
Flag
:) I'm so excited ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Flag
... as much as I am a Mash fan I can't really root for them because this is a story based off of history and Mary married Francis. Also, the King died in a hunting accident forcing Francis to take the throne and dying a year into his kingship.... I guess the moral is that you shouldn't learn about History if you're going to watch a historical drama, kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the love triangle. :(
Flag
Exactly, history ruins good teen drama!
Flag
If she marries Bash they will just kill him off at some point and make way for her to marry Frances, which then will die...
Flag
I hope not! Hopefully if she marries Bash, the writers will creatively turn everything on its head again and Francis will be her new hubby and Mary will have no say lol Then Frary can run its course but they shouldn't (nor do they HAVE to) kill Bash!!!
Flag
SO true! Someone told me something else about the Frary love in real life and now my Frary side is weeping mournfully for the way the story's been written thus far whereas before they told me my Frary side was comfortably at peace and expecting this to shift back and forth between Mash and Frary for a while. Sigh. I'm trying not to learn anymore true history until after the whole series is over LOL
Flag
I shall join u in this journey of not knowing
Flag
I agree but i guess we'll have to wait and see how true to form the show will stay
Flag
Wonderful Post!!! I found the same info in a different place but as a MASH fan I'm soooo nervous!!! We don't know for SURE that Bash gets legitimized so what if he doesn't??? And why is Mary speaking to Bash in such an angry tone? "I am the Queen that is going to give your father the legacy of ... yada yada yada" !!!

What if the choice Mary must make is to marry Bash and lose the alliance aka choose love over her nation or marry Francis despite the prophecy and keep the alliance!!! If Bash isn't legitimized the only way to really skirt the pressure from her mother and King Henry & Francis would be to be found "already married" ...to Bash!!! So you never know with this show! I'm so scared lol I want Scotland and Bash to win!
Flag
well they go to elope in the promo, Francis comes up and says "Brother, I know you are here to elope." Then Francis says "You are playing on Mary's fear and then Bash punches him in the face.
Flag
Ohhh Myyy Goooosh!!! Just saw and posted the vid!!! This episode is going to be a do oozy! But wait! I thought Francis was only going back for his MOTHER!!!??? LMBO!!! Guess THAT'S out the window! Frola romp must have put the fight back in him looooooooool
Flag
*Heavy breathing into a brown paper bag*

My assumption on the legitimacy was solely in relation to the synopsis, but *MIND BLOWN* you do make an excellent point!!!!

Mary definitely looks pissed off enough to do whatever it takes to regain control of her life and the events at French Court. I mean if I were in her shoes and had my life threatened 394857934875 times, I would be a bit ticked off too. And who better to take it out on than her bf.. it's what hes there for right?

I'm right there with you!! and lets face it at the end of the day Mary will do whatever it takes for Scotland and who better to have by her side a King who will share the same loyalties or a king who will place his own country before hers?

Flag
I know right!!??! I'm happy but scared, I don't want to get my hopers up too high b/c they could be dashed at the last moment and yet my little Mash heart is flying as high a " flying kite in the breeze" lol
Flag
You would appreciate this as well

http://youtu.be/u_ZzB7PmTow

"there is a reason they tacked me onto the cover with the other two"
Flag
**Applause!** ((big smile)) and Thank-you!
Flag
Great post! We added in the video embed for you and promoted to the homepage for more to see.
Flag
What an honor! Thank you!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members