Relic Hunter

(ended 2002)

Gislef

Relic Hunter Fan Reviews (20)

• One of the best!

I needed to watch several episodes of this show to decide its qualities and I'm glad I waited as my initial response was not a favourable one.It takes a while to buy Tia Carrere as adventuress extraordinaire Sidney Fox but it did not take long for this beautiful and talented actress to make the role her own and she has superb chemistry with her excellent foil Christien Anholt who brings much of a Hugh Grant type persona to his part as the hapless Nigel.Their globe-trotting adventures are the stuff of 30's serials and are highly derivative but handled in a never over-played tongue in cheek fashion which makes the series ever more enjoyable as it progresses.The person,however,who pointed out that the episodes all climax in the same fashion has hit the nail on the head as our heroes are always held at gunpoint in a cave or suchlike every week and always escape in the same fashion.This is something that needs to be addressed if the show is to achieve syndication worthy longevity.All in all though RELIC HUNTER is a welcome addition to the TV action adventure genre.