Remington Steele Forums

NBC (ended 1987)

Any Good?

confusedboy24

[1]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 17

Is Remington Steele any good? I've not seen or gotten the box sets but want some help deciding. Does the 80's writting/effects hold up well compared to now?

Also to give a bit of what I like, I love Alias (Season 1 - 3 mainly) and enjoy Charlie's Angel (Season 1 for the original!) does this show fall in with them?

Edited on 07/29/2007 2:58pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ClassicCouples

[2]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 11

Any good? Have you seen any of the episodes? I had only seen a few episodes and I decided to buy all five seasons. It's just that good. Never watched much of Alias, but am a fan of Charlie's Angels, and I think it is better. The scripts hold up really well today, and even the clothes (at least until season 5) for the most part don't stand out as 80s. Effects...as far as stunts go, I think I read that Stephanie did most of her own stunts and I would guess that Pierce did a lot too. It's all pretty believable. Stephanie was willing to do just about anything, from swimming in a pool full of eels to rolling around/fighting in a bunch of mud.

Someone recently posted "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLkzy4zV0M License to Steele " (the first episode) on YouTube.com. So, if you haven't watched any of the episodes, you might want to check it out. Of course, since it is the first ep, it is a bit more showy than they others, but one of my favorites.

It is funny that you posted this question, because I came over here to post a question about why everyone loves this show. I am working on a website and want to make a page of everyone's comments about the show. So we'll see what kind of answers you get. Good luck.

Edited on 09/18/2007 10:51am
    Edited 3 total times.

DesertRose61093

[3]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 15

i never watched this, but i always wondered what it was like, so i should watch it?

ClassicCouples

[4]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 11
    Great show! Unfortunately, YouTube has deleted all of the RS videos...man was I steamed! So, I don't know where you could get eps, other than through Netflix. That is what I did before I bought them for myself.

jkalen81

[5]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 20
    I just got the first season for Xmas. Used to watch the show as a kid so I was already in love with the characters, but watching it 15 years later only makes it steamer. Whoa, the chemistry!

Yes, if you're into crime, dramedy, or romance, watch it. Btw, does anyone know when the second season comes out on dvd in region 2?

unknown252

[6]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 2
    Its a great show Youtube probably has some clips from the show check those out and you'll be hooked.

jpcanes

[7]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 3

You can watch the first 2 seasons here:

http://www.hulu.com/browse/alphabetical/tv

Love this show!

Edited on 09/01/2008 8:06pm