Remington Steele Forums

NBC (ended 1987)

Remington Steele Movie

eforbes

[1]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 12
    I heard there was talk of making a movie of Remington Steele.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ScreechMonkey

[2]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 2

I heard that, too.  Don't know if I'm excited about that or not...There's talk that they will re-cast everyone.  Bad idea.  I won't go see it if that happens.  If they bring back Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist, I'll be the first one in line!  If you hear anything else, please post!

BAN BOND...BRING BACK BROSNAN!

Xenos1981

[3]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 1

Anybody know if it's a "done deal"?  I'd be interested, too, IF they got the original actors.  They could even resurrect Murphy and Bernice!

jen2006

[4]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 3
    I guess it will take some time before anything happens. There is only an idea so far, no script, no nothing. There hasn't been anything new on that topic on the Internet for quite some time...

crazybabecake

[5]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 13
    Nobody could take Peirce Brosnan's place as Mr. Steele. If they make the movie without him and Stephanie, it would be lame.

GarrisonSkunk

[6]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 27

Micheal Gleason and Doris Roberts were on Dave White's show "Talking Television" and Micheal said that Pierce has indeed contacted both himself and Fox which now owns the character rights about a movie adaption of Remington. Micheal didn't say if Pierce would star as Remington, play a cameo part ala James Garner in the Maverick movie, or (ironic given the role of the Steele character in the very early episodes) be just a name figurehead among the Producers/Exec Producers of the film.

The interview can be heard among the archives at ksav.org

aerips

[7]Oct 12, 2006
    • level: 5
    I think a movie would be great but like others here, I wouldn't be interested if the roles were re-cast. But picking up the story-line 20 years later--that would provide interesting possibilities.

gege48

[8]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 7
    I would definitely interested in seeing that movie. It was really a great show and I think a movie would be excellent, especially if they brought back Stephanie, Pierce, and Doris.

prankster_33

[9]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    It would only be an awesome movie, if Brosnan was in it.

gege48

[10]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 7
    I think that the movie should definitely have Pierce Brosnan in it. But I wouldn't be completely upset if it didn't as long as the chemistry between Remington and Laura was right.

ClassicCouples

[11]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 11

Over Christmas break I watched the whole series again. There was a change in chemistry after the second season, even more so after the third season. I would like to see a movie, of course they would be happily married, but the chemsitry would be light, like it was in the earlier days.

Miracleman1

[12]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 8

Honestly, I don't know about a movie version. Too much time has passed and everybody has gotten old. It's been 20 years now since Remington Steele went off the air. Diehard fans might not care that Laura & Steele are now in their mid to late 50's, but I really doubt that casual fans would wanna go see it.

I also don't wanna see them recast the roles. As has already been mentioned in this topic, it just wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be Remington Steele anyway. I mean you might as well just call it call it something else other than Remington Steele if it doesn't have Stephanie Zimbalist & Pierce Brosnan as Laura & Steele.

Perhaps however, there lies a middle ground between the two options. What if Laura & Steele are still around, but now their kids (who would be in their late teens early twenties) are beginning to get into the business with them? Part of the plot could be devoted to Steele & Laura and the other part to their kids.