Remington Steele Forums

NBC (ended 1987)

What They Did Best...

ScreechMonkey

[1]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 2

Remington Steele worked for so many reasons -- great concept, tight scripts, stellar acting, etc, etc...

But I'm curious...What do you think Remington/Pierce and Laura/Stephanie did best:

A) Action (Running and jumping and leaping, oh my!) 

B) Bicker 

C) Comedy 

D) Foreplay 

E) Solve mysteries 

BAN BOND...BRING BACK BROSNAN!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lokar

[2]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 26
    1. Comedy

2. Solve cases

I thought this show, while it was light-hearted, was one of the better ones for presenting its case stories. I don't think I ever found myself saying, "When is it going to end?" or, "What are they talking about now?" It's easy in a detective show to have the case itself be either too simple or too dense. I think RS was a nice balance between the two.

They were also very funny. I liked that.

ScreechMonkey

[3]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 2

WOW, Lokar!  "Comedy" and "Solve Cases", huh?!?!  I've posed this question on other RS boards and always got the same two answers -- "Bicker" and "Foreplay"!!!  You are a very unique Remington Steele fan, I guess.  So tell me, what were your favorite comedic scenes or episodes?  (I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!)

BAN BOND...BRING BACK BROSNAN!

Xenos1981

[4]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 1
    Definitely bicker and foreplay!!!  It's the whole crux of the show.  To be honest, I never really watched it for the mysteries.  I was more interested in Laura's and Remington's relationship.  Only now (20 years later) am I beginning to see what well-crafted mysteries they actually were...although I still enjoy the bickering and foreplay best of all!

aerips

[5]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    The thing that made it work for me was that it so successfully combined all of those aspects. Along with the on-going untangling of the mystery of who exactly was this man who was "Remington Steele". Great scripts.

daisyduke71

[6]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 14
    They did action and solveing cases and getting into trouble. Like when Remington got cracked in the head in 'Steele Fabrics'.

ClassicCouples

[7]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 11
    Lokar wrote:
    I thought this show, while it was light-hearted, was one of the better ones for presenting its case stories.

I agree. Although the foreplay and Pierce Brosnan were big reasons for my becoming addicted to this show, Lokar is right. There weren't many times that I thought the storyline was unbelievable. It kept your interest enough that you didn't have time to think about it. Very well done.