Renegade

Mother Courage

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 17, 1992 on USA

• On the trail of the man behind the unprovoked murder of a mechanic six months ago, Reno infiltrates a biker club in a small desert town, which is headed by a vegetable wholesale baron who has the timid Sheriff under his thumb. A really enjoyable tale...

After a couple of episodes ("Final Judgement" and "La Mala Sombra") which were perfectly decent and watchable but did not stand out as particular favourites of mine, things return to form with this far more enjoyable story.

As with many of 'Renegade's episodes, the plot is actually pretty simple, but that does not work in a negative way, and allows scope for a great balance of drama and action.

Jackie Earle Haley is perfect as the crazed killer, "Stick", and regular 1980s TV guest star Lenore Kasdorf puts in a good performance as the mother of the murdered young mechanic, out for justice.

Part of me is really wondering why I never got into 'Renegade' during its original run (though ITV's erratic, small-hours showing of it here in the U.K. didn't exactly help any!), but now on DVD, I'm enjoying it in all of its glory.
    I really enjoyed this episode, and give it a top scoring 10 out of 10.