Republic of Doyle

The Fall of the Republic

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 07, 2010 on CBC

• Now you see boys...

...THIS is how you end a season, eh?!

If Jake's day was a game of dominos, it would have been a perfect game, with every piece in the deck falling beautifully and perfectly, one after the other until in the end...well, you get the idea.

Drama won the day in this episode and I even felt for Christian. It appears he was royally set up, and that's what happens when you leave the Rock for the big, bad city of "Tronna". The action will pick up for Christian next season, no doubt, and I'm banking on his good side. He'd be an entertaining regular addition to the republic.

And then there is Malachy and his MI. Damn kids, will kill you every time with their antics...I also liked the simulated heart rhythm on the monitor when he arrested, but hey, at least it was a correct simulation! Better than most shows seem to be able to accomplish.

Krystin Pellerin is doing a bang up job as the season ends, portraying Leslie the cop and former girlfriend of Jake. She loves him but she hates him and she leaves him...but I'm betting she'll be back next season to help Jake prove Christian innocent.

And then there is Jake's former wife Nikki, the doctor, who also loves him but hates him and leaves him, but I'm betting she'll be back too, and my...what a day!

You earned that beer in the pub Jake. Next season they'll write you a better day...