Rescue Me

Black

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 18, 2007 on FX

• A once categorized "dramedy" show slowly turning into a "comedy" with a truckload of clichés...

What's the problem with this show lately?
    To me it's clear. The writers have ran out of ideas.

My main complaint is the lack of drama. Rescue Me is a dramedy, half drama, half comedy, and it was really well done in the first 3 seasons. But in the 4th, the balance is off.

Basically it's 100% comedy, although most of it is recycled. The funny thing is that they have Teddy in the show, who's insanely funny, but still... what's he doing? His presence adds nothing to the show.

Not to mention Nona. Perfectly useless. Just another chick Tommy can screw. Then, the Chief's death. Sorry, but that was the worst possible thing they could have done. The dialouge inside the firehouse has gotten much worse, and the scenes there are simply not as hilarious as they used to be. In fact, I noticed that I was looking at my watch quite alot... "when is this over?"

The only parts of the episode that really interest me were Shawn scenes and Tommy's biggest fan.

Other than these, this episode was a huge miss. In fact, this is probably the worst episode of Rescue Me to date. Zero character progression, Tommy is 100% pussified. Which, you might think is not bad because it just shows a new side of him... well, let's just say, it doesn't. It just makes him incredibly out of character and corny.

Lou, Franco has absolutely nothing on the table right now. In fact, Franco's proposal was the low point of the episode, as it was incredibly forced in my opinion.

Writing 0/2
    Direction 1/2
    Acting 2/2
    Story 1/4
  • Will Tommy ever get it going or what...

Sheila has gone too far with asking for the baby. Its crazy that she is asking Tommy for the baby. 200K for a baby, man thats not work it.

Its a pretty slow moving episode, but funny when Franco loses his lunch when proposing. Pretty awesome at that point.

I must say though you have to have a few lagging episodes in order to build the story pretty well. Like now there is the thing with the mystery man in black. Who is he and how does he know Tommy so much? Got to keep waiting for the stroy to build...

Well, until next week. Flame on...