Rescue Me Forums

FX (ended 2011)

Guess What I Found Out? (Spoilers and Speculations Thread)

RoxieVelma

[1]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 60
    If you happen to come across anything about what's coming up on the show in future episodes, here's the place to put them. Or you can even use it as a place to speculate on what you think might happen next.
    Edited on 06/02/2006 10:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bobthebaker

[2]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 6

It's weird really.  Almost all FX shows have spoilers for the first like 5 episodes and last season rescue me was no exception.  However, i've tried searching up and down and can't find anything on this season .

Ravenscheer23

[3]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 3
    I HAVE!!
    *MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW FOR DISCOVERY*

PROBIE IS REALLY GAY!

mozesx

[4]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 20
    From what I've heard it's Sean who's gay. Nothing sure.

Ravenscheer23

[5]Jun 6, 2006
    No I have definite proof it's NOT Sean. as in NOT Sean.

HollyKim

[6]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 8
    Oh, yeah? Not accordin to tonight's episode!!!!

wtim1879

[7]Jun 13, 2006
    That's not sean...

tjaman

[8]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 32
    I didn't know who that was in Probie's apartment. I thought it might be that guy he was in Probie School with, but whoever it was, go Mikey.

bobthebaker

[9]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 6

I wonder how that care taker woman is going to play this season for chief reily, you know they are keeping her in the cast to set something up.

I'm guessing the chief and her will have an affair and Bud will somehow find out and tell genie (I think Bud will start to visit her after having heard from Reily she calls out for him)

mozesx

[10]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 20
    they're gonna have a romantic evening

PyleansDntLvMe

[11]Jun 14, 2006

I've always hoped that Sean and Mike would get together, actually.

I thought We'd struck GOLD with that shot at the end of season two of the two of them sitting together in the church waiting for a miracle.  I believe I actually shouted at the time 'KISS HIM!'

rescueme_juan

[12]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 2
    I am wondering if anything is going to happen with Tommy's little girl. She was sick from eatting to much, but then at the patry for Tommy's dad she was complaining about her stomach again. I might be looking into it to much, but I was wondering if something was going to become of that in the next episodes.

victoria52

[13]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 1
    I thought something was going on with the youngest daughte also, but thought I was putting too much into it.

sassycents

[14]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 5

Ravenscheer23 wrote:
    I HAVE!! *MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW FOR DISCOVERY* PROBIE IS REALLY GAY!

PROBIE IS NOT GAY. He is young coming into his own and is a bit confused with his feelings, emotions, is sensitive and he's looking for a way to release all his sexual energy. When your in your twenties you explore and try just about anything. I did.  All I can say is not all hot young men are gay, (thank you) not that theirs anything wrong with it.

PyleansDntLvMe

[15]Jun 20, 2006

Denial is a sad and terrible thing to witness

Edited on 06/20/2006 7:43am

tjaman

[16]Jun 20, 2006
    • level: 32
    Oh, it can be vaguely amusing ...

PyleansDntLvMe

[17]Jun 20, 2006
    sassycents wrote:

Ravenscheer23 wrote:
    I HAVE!! *MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW FOR DISCOVERY* PROBIE IS REALLY GAY!

PROBIE IS NOT GAY. He is young coming into his own and is a bit confused with his feelings, emotions, is sensitive and he's looking for a way to release all his sexual energy. When your in your twenties you explore and try just about anything. I did.  All I can say is not all hot young men are gay, (thank you) not that theirs anything wrong with it.

OK.   Deep breaths. 

Perhaps it's that we're uncomfortable with absolute statements.

Let's look at it this way -

Probie clearly seems to be currently involved in a loving relationship with someone of the same sex.  And very sweet and adorable they are together as well. 

Whether or not that makes him 'Gay' is, I suppose, a debate that lies largely in the realm of semantics.  (I'd like to coin the term 'Semanticists' here, although it may already exists I suppose.  Please note, not 'Sementisists', which is a very different although equally rewarding field of study   )

PyleansDntLvMe

[18]Jun 20, 2006

Oh, and as a matter of public service - 'Not that there's anything wrong with that. Not theirs.

'There's' being a contraction of 'There is' and 'theirs' being a possesive pronoun indicating that a group of two or more people are possessing something.  'Whose dog is that?'  'Oh, that's theirs.'

Let's prove those negative nellies who claim the internet will be the death of proper grammar and spelling wrong, eh?

PyleansDntLvMe

[19]Jun 20, 2006

OK - reading through reviews for torture I found something a little disturbed by- 

This is not in any way an attack, btw.  I hope to make the point in a moment as to why this is something that we should be discussing.

One reviewer said -  "I do guess that it would be funny to see the rest of the firehouse make fun of the probie when they find out he is gay."

Now, on one level I can totally see where this is coming from.  Part of the joy of Rescue Me is the way it completely embraces a 'no sacred cows' philosophy.  And that's actually a positive thing.  I fully expect actually that once the crew finds out about probie and spends a while dealing with the situation that there probably WILL be a great deal of fun made at probie's expense - BUT made in such a way that it's clearly just the same type of ball-busting that accompanied Garrity's haircut (the lockerfull of bananas incident)  Thats all well and good and in a very real way allows us all to discuss the issue and finally get rid of the taboo of discussing our own sexuality.   And it can allow a real understanding that, again much like the bananas, no amount of ball-busting undoes the fact that they really do care about and respect each other at the end of the day, regardless of the fact that they don't show it terribly often.

That said, a few statistics- 

Homosexual teens are 2-3 times more likely to commit suicide.

As far as we can tell statistically - and it's a very difficult area to get firm statistics on obviously - but as far as we can tell, homosexual youth accounts for somewhere around 30% of teen suicide each year.

Gay males are 6 times more likely than heterosexual males to attempt suicide.

And so we look at why this is - and in a very real way it's because of the prevailing attitude that homosexuals are just somebody to be made fun of.  That's what homosexual teens are taught by society.  And that's why roughly 40% of homosexuals have either attempted or seriously considered attempting suicide in their teens. - Because they can't bare the thought of what might happen if they tell the people they love about themselves.  Because our society sends out a constant message that homosexuals are really only fit to be laughed at.

Just some food for thought on this issue.

PyleansDntLvMe

[20]Jun 20, 2006

I don't honestly know if links are allowed or not here (and if they're not, I apologize and feel free to remove this post)

But anyone who's interested in the above stats might want to take a look at a discussion of them at http://www.lambda.org/youth_suicide.htm