Rescue Me Forums

FX (ended 2011)

Guess What I Found Out? (Spoilers and Speculations Thread)

mozesx

[121]Jun 5, 2007
    • level: 20
    I remember reading he's alright, and talking to his doctor about returning to the firehouse.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

The__Bird

[122]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    Possible Spoiler!!!:

According to this weeks Ask Ausiello, the character that commits suicide recently guest starred on one of his favorite shows. One of his favorite shows is Veronica Mars. In a recent episode of that show, Jerry was on as a bartender. I think it's him.

MRSLANEY7

[123]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 2
    Looking for someone interested on blogging about Rescue me each week with a review and anything else you'd like. This is for a rising web site. It doesn't pay (although i hope someday) but will get you recognition. You'll have direct posting access. If interested, go to www.BostonsportZ.com and choose contact

soccermom

[124]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    Wow. It's ben a while since this forum has ben updated. I am new to 'Rescue Me' having been drawn by the news that Maura Tierney will be doing a 6 episode arc in the spring as Tommy's love interest. I need to get caught up. Should I start in the beginning or just with the previous season???

wannabPhD

[125]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 8

soccermom wrote:
    Wow. It's ben a while since this forum has ben updated. I am new to 'Rescue Me' having been drawn by the news that Maura Tierney will be doing a 6 episode arc in the spring as Tommy's love interest. I need to get caught up. Should I start in the beginning or just with the previous season???

You should watch it from the beginning as it is an awesome show and so much has happened over the seasons.

SMGslayer97

[126]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 34
    Question about a spoiler...

[spoiler/] I've read several times on several different sites that a main character may be coming down with cancer, do we have a name yet because I'm beginning to suspect Shawn (sp). Any thoughts or info? [/spoiler]

NitaDrink

[127]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 4
    I have not heard that, but Shawn might be suspect...since he's having weird back pains, and I don't remember him having any specific injury. 'ball' cancer perhaps? They seem to be talking about that a lot.

SMGslayer97

[128]Apr 23, 2009
    NitaDrink wrote:
    I have not heard that, but Shawn might be suspect...since he's having weird back pains, and I don't remember him having any specific injury. 'ball' cancer perhaps? They seem to be talking about that a lot.

The only reason I ask about Shawn is because he seems to be getting one mysterious pain after another, obviously it could be nothing but so far they haven't given us any clues.

SMGslayer97

[129]May 1, 2009
    Sources confirm it is Sean Garrity, though they don't say what kind of cancer. Not only that but if you go back and watch one of the early season 5 promos (they have it on hulu) there is a small clip of Shawn in hysterics in what looks like either a doctors office or a hospital. I think it's kind of obvious now though what with his back problems, his sexual issues, the beginning of the season where he practicly passed out and even the tests results he's waiting for.

I love this twist, not that I want Shawn to have cancer of course, but I think it's a smart move. With so many shows they always or usually do a big health scare for one of the main characters, Rescue has before of course, but most shows stick to the main character in this case Tommy. Which kinds of ruins it because you know they aren't going to kill them, the show would end, so it sort of takes away from the drama. Rescue Me has never turned away from putting all the main cast through dark and heavy things but to pick Shawn, a character who is a large portion of the time comic relief is very brave. I love it!

SMGslayer97

[130]Jun 13, 2009
    I have a question for everyone, and I may be totally off base here, but am I picking up on something with Mike and Damien? I'm not sure what exactly but I get the distinct feeling that their new "relationship" is leading...somewhere. I haven't been able to find any real evidence but there's a couple small things that make me think their new found bromance may be culminating in something...bigger.

SMGslayer97

[131]Jun 17, 2009
    Had to stop by and mention this. http://www.hulu.com/watch/63103/rescue-me-uncomfortable-storylines#s-p6-sr-i1

This is one of the table reads for season 5, where they not only bring up Mike's season 3 story but also let a little tiny bit slip about something happening with him in season 5. It's nothing...spoiler-tastic but it does confirm that at least something will be happening with his sexuality this season. No mention of Damien but it's gotta be right!

soccermom

[132]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 11
    Now that they have thrown Maura Tierney into the mix it will be interesting to see where this goes. Her character likes her guy 'young and stupid' so I am assuming both Mike and Damien will qualify??? Will a bad experience with her lead them both in the direction that you are insinuating?? It would be an interesting exchange between Tommy and Jimmy's ghost if it does. LOL