Rescue Me Forums

FX (ended 2011)

Rescue Me's End is Set

DZA187

[1]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 10

The end has been set for Rescue Me. Executive Producer Peter Tolan tells TVGuide.com that the Denis Leary led series, focusing on New York City firefighters, comes to a close in 2011.

Tolan explains that production on the final 19 episodes of will begin "in the next couple of weeks" and that those episodes will be broken into two different seasons.

Tolan says that FX likely had the 10th anniversary of 9/11 in mind when it came to scheduling the final episodes – an event which is a big part of the series, given the characters it focuses on. As Tolan tells TVGuide.com, "I think they're stretching the airing of it out until the 10th anniversary. So if you put 10 episodes on next year and nine the following year, you'll land there."

Tolan adds that it's likely Maura Tierney will return at some point in the final episodes, despite her new NBC series, Parenthood, saying, ""We loved working with her — that was kind of a big deal to get her. She's got Parenthood, but I think we have a deal where we can use her for four episodes. And since we have that deal, we will take advantage of it."

I thought this season 5 was awesome but i don't understand why they cutting up next season. When they could give us two 13 ep seasons again for the final 2 years.

Edited on 09/05/2009 2:21am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[2]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    Maybe that's all anyone would pay for. "RM" is an expensive show as basic cable goes and it's carpet-bombed with product placement already.

pgsuperfan

[3]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 25

Maura opted out of PARENTHOOD I thought ???

haldrey

[4]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 22
    This show is well past its prime.

pgsuperfan

[5]Aug 25, 2010

according to an interview on letterman Leary said they have already taped the final season to air next summer

tjaman

[6]Aug 30, 2010
    • level: 32
    It feels from the past couple of episodes we're already in something of a holding pattern. My guess is it will come to a satisfying close.

dkst0426

[7]Aug 31, 2010
    • level: 6
    tjaman wrote:
    It feels from the past couple of episodes we're already in something of a holding pattern. My guess is it will come to a satisfying close.

Ladder 62 gets closed down.

Black Shawn gets married to Colleen.
    Shaun Garrity dies from a recurrence of his cancer, but not before he becomes an activist for the volunteers who picked up cancer while cleaning up Ground Zero (this would be somewhat current by the end of the series, since there was a recent debate in Congress about benefits for those victims)
    Mike's former bandmates come back and ask him to be their manager, or he finally gets a recording contract, or he resigns and goes back to running the bar.
    Lou dies on the job - if he retires, he'll end up just like Jerry.
    Needles gets moved to a new house, with Franco coming along as his newly-promoted Lieutenant.
    Mickey and Sheila get married, and their wedding ceremony combines Tommy and Janet renewing their vows. Jesus nods approvingly at Tommy during the ceremony.
    Tommy takes a desk job downtown at Janet's ultimatum.

marksdad1

[8]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 6

Did you notice that the invoice from the hospital was dated /11 - 2011?

I would assume that Janet aborts this child, Tommy doesn't take a desk job, but all his destructive ways cause him one final act - he dies - and most likely, in a fire - in such a way that the viewer only sees Tommy succumb voluntarily (thus giving up, rather than suicide per se) , but the rescuers find him and assume he was doing something heroic. The last episode being some type of funeral with several firefighters - they are honored with some type of bagpipes played - fade to black.

Can't see a happy ending with this show

CreedP

[9]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 8
    It's time to go.
    9 more episodes? I suppose there's no point in quitting a show when there aren't even 10 episodes left to watch in it. Guess I'll watch this next year, just to see it off.
    But its definitely time to wrap this up...

haldrey

[10]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 22
    I do hope that they make an effort to end the show with a bang, this session was, with exception of a few episodes, quite a disaster.

pgsuperfan

[11]Sep 4, 2010

who would have figured that Damian would end up in a chair for therest of his life and I hope Lou decides to retire rather than die