Rescue Me Forums

FX (ended 2011)

Season 5

SVU_number_1fan

[1]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 17
    so dose anyone no when season 5 starts???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ebayking90

[2]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    For now we are just going to have to wait and see. But if FX indeed ordered 22 episodes for this show's final season, then they would need to start the season earlier, so that it would not over run into the fall season. Normally Rescue Me ends in August or September and the last 3 seasons of Nip/Tick, have started in September orOctober. So if everything gets back on track with the writers and depending on if they want to show 22 straight episodes(highly unlikely); this show might premier in March or April. Instead of June.

SMGslayer97

[3]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 34
    Then again as long as this strike is going on there is really no way to know when the show will actually return.

DZA187

[4]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 10

ebayking90 wrote:
    For now we are just going to have to wait and see. But if FX indeed ordered 22 episodes for this show's final season, then they would need to start the season earlier, so that it would not over run into the fall season. Normally Rescue Me ends in August or September and the last 3 seasons of Nip/Tick, have started in September orOctober. So if everything gets back on track with the writers and depending on if they want to show 22 straight episodes(highly unlikely); this show might premier in March or April. Instead of June.

how u know it's the last season ?? when i read they got season 5 & 6 so far, and that 22 ep's is both seasons i was reading. But with the writer strikes, i dont think the show even started to be written yet. They start filming around about now for the new season, but they been no word if season 5 gone ahead yet with filming.

briantw

[5]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    DZA187 wrote:

how u know it's the last season ?? when i read they got season 5 & 6 so far, and that 22 ep's is both seasons i was reading. But with the writer strikes, i dont think the show even started to be written yet. They start filming around about now for the new season, but they been no word if season 5 gone ahead yet with filming.

There is no indication that this will be the last season(s) of Rescue Me. None whatsoever. If it is, it will be a result of low ratings (meaning FX doesn't renew the show after these twenty-two episodes are finished airing) or the creative team ending the show of their own accord. However, I'm fairly sure that FX will pick up the show again if Leary and Tolan want to continue making it, so the ball is probably in their court.

Also, they have not and cannot start filming season five because, last I read (which was right before the writer's strike began), they hadn't even started to write it yet. They're almost undoubtedly on hold until the strike is over. Luckily, that just might end up being in the next few weeks (as talks appear to be going smoothly), so we just might get Rescue Me on time this summer. Even if the strike ends next week, though, they're probably at least a month or two from actually being able to film anything, maybe more, seeing as Leary is the main character as well as a lead writer (which means he has less time to write while the show is filming, so more must be done before they start).

Regardless, the strike is pushing back everything, so even if Rescue Me doesn't air until August, Nip/Tuck will simply be pushed back further than usual to accommodate it.

ebbNflow

[6]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 1
    Hi. New to forum. I am a hugh RM fan and from what I have seen on TV interviews and some inside info Denis Leary has said he would like to do at least through season 7. I am from the Boston area and saw Comics Come Home at the Aggassi Theater before X-mas and got a chance to talk to some of the comics from the show. They are a great bunch and all want the show to go on.

seaqueastdsv

[7]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    we have just finished season 4 on foxtel and it was a cliff hanger. when is season 5 starting in america. did tommy get out of the house fire. tommy cousins wife drugs him and left him in the beach house in the fire. can someone tell me whats happening. please

SMGslayer97

[8]Feb 28, 2008
    seaqueastdsv wrote:
    we have just finished season 4 on foxtel and it was a cliff hanger. when is season 5 starting in america. did tommy get out of the house fire. tommy cousins wife drugs him and left him in the beach house in the fire. can someone tell me whats happening. please

That's the season 3 cliff hanger.

pgsuperfan

[9]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 25
    Looking forward to season 5

djariya

[10]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 19
    There is no way they can have 22 weeks of this show run consecutively. I recall they are planning to run it in 2 parts. Maybe a summer and spring edition.

seaqueastdsv

[11]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    oh thank you i didnt know that it was season 3. great now i have to wait for season 4.

Dino019

[12]Mar 16, 2008

Two things..........

#1 According to the FX website, Rescue Me will be around for another 3 seasons.......so 5, 6, & 7.

#2 Production on season 5 was/is supossed to start in the "Spring." Since the writers are all back to work, hopefully that still holds true

DZA187

[13]Apr 1, 2008

djariya wrote:
    There is no way they can have 22 weeks of this show run consecutively. I recall they are planning to run it in 2 parts. Maybe a summer and spring edition.

they are running it as season 5 and season 6 which denis leary already mention last year in 2007. That was agreement they got with FX which may leave season 6 as the last if rescue me doesn't get a season 7. One of the reasons they were filming season 5 & 6 together was over some of the actors signed up for other things. And denis leary wanted to keep the cast he already had and they come to agreement to film season 6 with season 5. That's where the 22 ep's came from i read to spilt it up into two more seasons.

Edited on 04/01/2008 7:03am

SMGslayer97

[14]Apr 1, 2008
    DZA187 wrote:

djariya wrote:

they are running it as season 5 and season 6 which denis leary already mention last year in 2007. That was agreement they got with FX which may leave season 6 as the last if rescue me doesn't get a season 7. One of the reasons they were filming season 5 & 6 together was over some of the actors signed up for other things. And denis leary wanted to keep the cast he already had and they come to agreement to film season 6 with season 5. That's where the 22 ep's came from i read to spilt it up into two more seasons.

That was good of the cast, all of them agreeing to shoot season 5 and 6 together.

pgsuperfan

[15]May 4, 2008
    • level: 25
    any news yet on season #5

deaconishere

[16]May 9, 2008
    july 2nd

SMGslayer97

[17]May 9, 2008
    deaconishere wrote:
    july 2nd

Is this confirmed?

broken0ne

[18]May 9, 2008
    Nope. No major website has officially confirmed anything as of yet. Wikipedia says July 2nd with an unreliable reference to a post someone made on a message board. The closest thing that I've heard is 'later this year' from Ausiello on the TV guide website. Plus, I think that if anything were certain, then FX would have pushed it while The Riches had it's season finale last week.

SMGslayer97

[19]May 9, 2008
    broken0ne wrote:
    Nope. No major website has officially confirmed anything as of yet. Wikipedia says July 2nd with an unreliable reference to a post someone made on a message board. The closest thing that I've heard is 'later this year' from Ausiello on the TV guide website. Plus, I think that if anything were certain, then FX would have pushed it while The Riches had it's season finale last week.

Thanks for the info.

tonyftony716

[20]May 13, 2008
    • level: 6
    last I heard was Rescue Me will be on in Early 09. I could have sworn that is what Ausiello said on tvguide.com. I believe this season is 20 episodes and I also believe they started filming in april (per Lenny Clarke). I think they are airing part one of the season in early 09 and part 2 in late summer early fall. I can't remember the exact quotes so take it for what it's worth. It most definately will not be on before late fall of this year. no new scripted shows this summer, august olympics, the Shield will be on in the fall.